@Mick Weder - out of Boston, MA USA. Several flavors, but Crisp Apple takes the cake. Also recently discovered to be a delightful Post Scrub Recovery Drink.

And of course, a gratuitous M̶o̶r̶m̶o̶n̶ MONMON cat :)

[ATTACH]11335[/ATTACH]

@SeeSea. I like your style. Isn't it great how we can justify and combine these 2 great past times. Tattoos & alcohol. Ooh yeah!

• 1 month later...
Asked a question and thought better of it. (Wish posts were deletable.)

You probably still have time to edit your post and paste in an off-color joke or something. ;)

Maybe that's the universal sign of posting regret - randomly placed jokes and non-sequitur comments.

@SeeSea. This ones a New Zealand cider. Is a perfect post tattoo after care beverage in the warm shower.

[ATTACH]11331[/ATTACH]

@Mick Weder

I love it, I thought I was the only one after a tattoo session would go home and have a few beers in the shower. Generally take 2 beers into the shower and drink both while caring/cleaning my new work. Nothing like having beers in the shower. :)

@Shaggy. Nice one! It's funny the cold alcoholic beverage in the warm shower routine. It's one of those secret handshake in the know kinda deals.

Oh @Mick Weder thank you for the reminder. I'm again staying with friends tonight - and the larder is cider depleted! Must avoid another travesty of nature again! I'm hoping to find another interesting brand this time around - I have a nice list from the http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/random-crap/6011-cider-snobs.html thread.

@SeeSea. There's a couple of nice ones in there. I made a point of riding to my bottle o the other day to purchase some Aspalls but they were all out. Went the Ol' trusted Bulmers instead.

I've noticed you guys have a truck load of different ciders on tap there. I'm envious.

I'm thinking a U.S.A trip might be on the cards one of these days.

I wanna ride your roads for one. A mate just returned again from riding a 30 day trip through the States. He had a blast! What to do!!.. Just started saving for another motorcycle.

@SeeSea. Breakfast ciders are becoming something regular of late I see.

Have you tried the Sailor Jerry 80 proof spiced rum?

I just returned from 2 days riding and camping out while attending some dirt drags - and took with me a bottle of this, drinking it neat.

Smooth, moorish, and after polishing of 3 quarters sipping straight, woke with no hangover with an 8 hour ride in front of us.

I think you should try this, the SJ spiced rum that is.

Steak, eggs & cider. We choose from the exact same menu :)

"Booze, Blues & Tattoos"

@Mick - no, I haven't. Looks like I have yet another one to add to the list! I just tried Smith and Forge yesterday. Decent - more body than most I've had lately, with a strong apple taste and nearly no carbonation. Some are so over carbonated. This stuff is clearly marketed to men. Anyway, I'm certainly not throwing the rest out of the fridge, but I've got many more to sample. I promise to move any other reviews to the Cider thread http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/random-crap/6011-cider-snobs.html

My tattooer turned me on to a healing method that's working really great - soak in a hot tub for 30 minutes once a day for several days after getting a tattoo - the first time as soon as you get back from the tattoo. I usually heal quickly anyway, surprising given my advanced age, but I've had much less swelling, less pain and healed quicker since I started doing this. I had a 5 hour session on my inner arm and elbow last Thursday and was starting to peel Sunday morning.

Took the advice of my artist and he pretty much reiterated what many of you stated here.

I used aquaphor the first 3 days every 4 hours after a nice wash with an antibacterial soap.

Followed this up with 5 days of using aveeno lotion.

I didn't scab at all. Peeled a whole bunch about a week later for about 5 days.

Healed great!

My tattooer turned me on to a healing method that's working really great - soak in a hot tub for 30 minutes once a day for several days after getting a tattoo - the first time as soon as you get back from the tattoo. I usually heal quickly anyway, surprising given my advanced age, but I've had much less swelling, less pain and healed quicker since I started doing this. I had a 5 hour session on my inner arm and elbow last Thursday and was starting to peel Sunday morning.

So, are you dumping in a couple Ciders or Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum?