Nick Collela is a scam artist

Musashi

First of all, the guy takes me in early for my appointment. WTF? Then he has the nerve to have my tattoo already drawn up and looking perfect.

The SOB even takes the time to work with me on size and placement.

While he's tattooing me, he has a great conversation with my wife and treats her super nicely. Fucking unbelievable.

He takes his time and gives me a gorgeous new tattoo, all the while acting like a consummate professional. Something has to be done about this guy. He's too nice, too professional, and too damn good.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't happen to know Nick personally, I was just entertained by this thread. But I"d like to point out how impressed I was by his commentary on Tattoo Reality Shows. Many tattooists have many things to say about the shows, but all these comments can be put into 2 very basic categories, POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE. Since tattoo reality shows debuted, most commentary Ive read by most artists has been overwhelmingly negative, to the point where I more often feel like shutting the critics down than the shows, because there have been many positive elements of tattooing brought to the public light by the shows as well as a lot of BS, and they have done a lot to increase foot traffic in shops all over the world, and that helps ke4ep the doors open and the lights on...but please take notice...Mr. Colella had NO negative things to say. He only had constructive commentary to give, and that little bit said showed me more class, confidence, and maturity than almost any other commentary I've heard from any other tattooist about the shows. Now please note, I haven't heard every commentary, by every artist, but I have heard A LOT. That says a lot for Nick Colella's character. BTW-the artist he mentioned that gave him his last tattoo...Eric Gillespie...of(at one point) Tomato Tattoo in Chicago...solid artist, and down to earth guy. Had to give that plug as well

I don't happen to know Nick personally, I was just entertained by this thread. But I"d like to point out how impressed I was by his commentary on Tattoo Reality Shows. Many tattooists have many things to say about the shows, but all these comments can be put into 2 very basic categories, POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE. Since tattoo reality shows debuted, most commentary Ive read by most artists has been overwhelmingly negative, to the point where I more often feel like shutting the critics down than the shows, because there have been many positive elements of tattooing brought to the public light by the shows as well as a lot of BS, and they have done a lot to increase foot traffic in shops all over the world, and that helps ke4ep the doors open and the lights on...but please take notice...Mr. Colella had NO negative things to say. He only had constructive commentary to give, and that little bit said showed me more class, confidence, and maturity than almost any other commentary I've heard from any other tattooist about the shows. Now please note, I haven't heard every commentary, by every artist, but I have heard A LOT. That says a lot for Nick Colella's character. BTW-the artist he mentioned that gave him his last tattoo...Eric Gillespie...of(at one point) Tomato Tattoo in Chicago...solid artist, and down to earth guy. Had to give that plug as well

Well the way they asked that question might have something to do with it also. They directly asked him "How could you improve tattoo tv shows" as opposed to "What do you think of tattoo tv shows".

There are so many incredible artists in Chicago. Chicago Tattoo, Taylor Street, and I really am into the work of Zach Stuka (Deluxe Tattoo). He has done a couple guest spots in Roanoke and I keep missing out. Shit, I just need to book a plane ticket and save up a few grand and make a week of it. Also, I totally want to hang out with @Dan S.