How do you react to stares??????

Natveggie45

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed my first unkind stare. I can't say it was the first, but it was the first I'd noticed. The funny thing was, it was at my prettiest tattoo. So I felt bad for my poor little flower, like, how could anyone be mad at a pink flower that means "joy". I didn't even think about the lady doing the staring at the time.

This summer, I was the person with the most ink in the pool. Which sort of shocked me. I hardly have any. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's funny people still stare... tattoos are becoming a bit of the norm amongst people. I just ignore the stares or rude comments because who cares what other people think. Your tattoo seems to meet a lot to you and so you should flaunt it!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's funny people still stare... tattoos are becoming a bit of the norm amongst people. I just ignore the stares or rude comments because who cares what other people think. Your tattoo seems to meet a lot to you and so you should flaunt it!!

I say bring on the stares,I like the attention,I like when people look at my tattoos,I get stares,and like Colored guy said,I get a lot of people turning their heads,as if I am a serial axe murderer and I will get 'em if they look ! LOL

You secretly are, arent you? just admit it. Anyhows, target non tattooed people ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, first, let me introduce myself. I am a 45 year old teacher who always dreamed about getting tattoos. Finally realized my dream, with a tattoo of a heart surrounded by a vine and leaves, all the way to my hand. I love it; very feminine yet expresses my vegan believes. Well... People are rude! Staring, frowning... And mainly women! Positives from men ( hubby not happy lol)... But how do you react to people ? Would it be because i am older??? One lady told me at the store i should not do this to the temple God gave me... What the hell is that about???

Hi! I'm 51 and have a lot of tattoos. I have yet to experience any negativity from my tattoos. I've had an old lady approach me and say she doesn't like tattoos but she liked mine because she said it looked like a painting. I never took her dislike for tattoos as a negative. I took it as a positive because she saw a tattoo in a different light and maybe changed her mind a little.

I do however get tired of locals who want to know where I get tattooed when I know they have no intention of spending money for quality tattoos. It's a waste of my time.

Hi! I'm 51 and have a lot of tattoos. I have yet to experience any negativity from my tattoos. I've had an old lady approach me and say she doesn't like tattoos but she liked mine because she said it looked like a painting. I never took her dislike for tattoos as a negative. I took it as a positive because she saw a tattoo in a different light and maybe changed her mind a little.

I do however get tired of locals who want to know where I get tattooed when I know they have no intention of spending money for quality tattoos. It's a waste of my time.

Could not resist

I say bring on the stares,I like the attention,I like when people look at my tattoos,I get stares,and like Colored guy said,I get a lot of people turning their heads,as if I am a serial axe murderer and I will get 'em if they look ! LOL

My wife called me a serial killer wanna be more than once. Must be the shaved head and goatee that goes well with the tattoos.

this is how i look at it i have tattoos on my head face neck arms chest etc people stare at me all the time and just as rudely and uncaring as they are staring i look right on over at them and if they dont tuck there chin and act like they werent looking at me wich isnt often.........ill look at them and in the same rude manner there staring i aske em....what the fuck are you looking at but if there not acting ugly about it you shouldnt either.........do unto others as you would want done unto yourself

• 2 months later...

Sometimes I am surprised strangers blatantly stare. At Disney World, the happiest place in the world (lol), the attendant said to the crowd, "wow, look at her tattoo. And the big guy she is with." I am petite under 5' and my husband is 6' tall large guy with plain skin. I guess i look more bad ass than my husband?:o

Ugh, one time I was working, I was slightly bending over and a tiny bit of tattooed skin was showing...this fucker lifted my shirt to look at my tattoo. What kind of person would do that to a chick he doesn't know?

Do people have boundaries at all these days?

Its weird how you can tell somebody's tone by the way they stare, if all of a sudden they smile il smile back but I'm so use to it now I hardly notice people are doing it,

If I see somebody with nice tattoos I will stare (maybe throw in a nod and a smile) then I usually walk over and ask who did them, I'm pretty new to where I live so it's nice to see that there's some good quality work coming out of calgary and I'm always interested to see any work that isn't on Instagram haha

• 2 weeks later...

Do people have boundaries at all these days?

No.

My company just merged with a more conservative company. You can tell the people from my company as they mostly wear jeans and casual shirts or t-shirts and the people from the new company wear dress slacks and dress shirts. I had stopped hiding my sleeves at work and rarely even think about it anymore. I've noticed one guy from the new company giving me the stink-eye. As long as he doesn't say anything, I'm going to ignore him.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new here about to go introduce myself...but saw this.I have alot of pretty crazy & vulgar tattoos & had facial tattoos before it became the "cool thing to do" I was @ a greyhound station years ago in Oklahoma or somewhere& Looked @ me through a glass window & just shook her head @ me I smiled.They way I look girls would either use my tattoos as a way to flirt & rs to judge.I always get told by people who know me that I always look pissed off so a lot of people trying not to make eye contact with me I guess. when I used to catch him doing so I would simply ask them that you lose something? and when they would say what? I'll just say what you're looking like you lost something. I grew a little older got more tattoos and its not that I got less staRes.I Guess I just grew more accustomed to them. Now it doesn't bother me at all I mean I got my first tattoo in 5th grade.I still get the regular questions Did that hurt? What does that say? I build motorcycles and hot rods and when people see this guy walking up to them when they are broke down on the side of the highway wearing Dickies vans & a baphomet hoodie With the type of tattoos I have I know I make them kind of nervous I put my hands up and I just say hey I work on cars can I give you a hand? a while back I did so to what appeared to be an upper class snob I guess you could say by the time I was done changing her tire and gave her a card and told her if she had a problem give me a call if she wasn't more than an hour away as she was from out of state she gave me a hug and with a nervous laugh she said with a nervous laugh I was kind of scared at first but your sweet heart to save my life Thank you. Now I just try to be polite to everyone mostly women I don't too much like guys looking at me anyways you grow accustomed to it it gets annoying but there's a lot of people who mean no harm by it.So every situation calls for a different way to handle it. I got tattoos because all my family was bikers and outlaws they all had them. I guess I just wanted to be an outsider but now days it's like going out to get a tattoo is like going to get a new pair of shoes it's just something some people do. but I feel without rhyme there's no reason. Sorry for the rant and 4 the poor punctuation I'm down with bronchitis using voice to text.

• 1 month later...

That really sucks. I can't imagine why these ppl have a problem. I grew up in a religious environment so I know there are ppl out there who believe our body is gods temple, but even when I was younger and believed that too, I never had the urge to judge ppl I saw with tattoos, and certainly not to walk up to them and actually say something! Mind your own damn business!

Anyways, I am still a little wary about ppl I might run into who I know from my past, and my familly's reactions once I get it done. But if I dont know them I think I can ignore anything negative ppl might say to me.

• 2 weeks later...