How do you react to stares??????

Natveggie45

Normally I don't get many comments, but I've been stopped on the street several times this week by people wanting to know where I got mine done, and then in several cases, they wanted to show me their tattoos as well. I had the time, and was in a good mood, so I was happy to take part in these conversations.

• 4 weeks later...

But the most annoying thing is those people who will GRAB you and study your skin. So invasive and creepy.

That only happens to women. And that would happen whether you were tattooed or not as long as you're (semi)attractive. Men are the sex that have to do the approaching. We have to seek out female sex and companionship. A man will find any excuse to talk to and touch a woman he finds attractive. It just so happens that your tattoos are an excuse for him to touch you and speak to you. It really has little to do with your personally or him being a "creep". If he was Brad Pitt or whatever male stereotype/archetype you find extremely attractive he would cease being a "creep" and you would probably find it charming or flattering. I wouldn't get too worked up about a stranger of the opposite sex trying to speak to you or talk to you unless they are being extremely inappropriate. They probably just think you're attractive and want a reason to try and flirt with you. If you don't like it just tell them.

That only happens to women. And that would happen whether you were tattooed or not as long as you're (semi)attractive. Men are the sex that have to do the approaching. We have to seek out female sex and companionship. A man will find any excuse to talk to and touch a woman he finds attractive. It just so happens that your tattoos are an excuse for him to touch you and speak to you. It really has little to do with your personally or him being a "creep". If he was Brad Pitt or whatever male stereotype/archetype you find extremely attractive he would cease being a "creep" and you would probably find it charming or flattering. I wouldn't get too worked up about a stranger of the opposite sex trying to speak to you or talk to you unless they are being extremely inappropriate. They probably just think you're attractive and want a reason to try and flirt with you. If you don't like it just tell them.

It doesn't only happen to women. My tattoos are not fully covered by some t-shirts and I've had people who were basically strangers lift my shirt sleeve to get a look at them. And I - and probably most women - would consider a stranger grabbing your arm without permission to fall pretty squarely under the category of "extremely inappropriate".

It really has little to do with your personally or him being a "creep".

I think you'll find it has EVERYTHING to do with him being a creep.

I can't be arsed to critique the rest of your post. Musn't engage with creeps on the internet (unless they are extremely attractive, then they cease to be a creep and instead become charming. Hmmm.... Can you post a face shot so that I can decide?)

That only happens to women. And that would happen whether you were tattooed or not as long as you're (semi)attractive. Men are the sex that have to do the approaching. We have to seek out female sex and companionship. A man will find any excuse to talk to and touch a woman he finds attractive. It just so happens that your tattoos are an excuse for him to touch you and speak to you. It really has little to do with your personally or him being a "creep". If he was Brad Pitt or whatever male stereotype/archetype you find extremely attractive he

would cease being a "creep" and you would probably find it charming or flattering. I wouldn't get too worked up about a stranger of the opposite sex trying to speak to you or talk to you unless they are being extremely inappropriate. They probably just think you're attractive and want a reason to try and flirt with you. If you don't like it just tell them.

You are completely wrong that tattoo grabbing only happens to women, some drunk guy tried to lick my arm the other day at the bar I work. When I told him in no uncertain terms to fuck off he said, as if it was the most normal thing in the world 'I just wanted to find out if the ink has a flavour!'

As @growltiger says it's probly not worth arguing about some of your other assumptions. I think you've read too many of those pick up artist books my friend...

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but are you seriously for real? Touching of strangers no matter what gender you and they are is totally inappropriate. Having tattoos is not a valid excuse for this un-acceptable behaviour.

It doesn't just happen to women.

Fair dinkum, I was at work the other week and had to meet this female to discuss some matters of business who I had never met before. As I was talking, she started running her fingers over my hands and up my arms, then as I kinda just looked at her, she said sorry...I couldn't help but touch your tattoos then said she had to go.

It was quite bizarre.

There is so much wrong with this I can't even. A stranger grabbing you IS creepy and invasive, no matter why they are doing it, or the genders of either person. Fact.

I think you'll find it has EVERYTHING to do with him being a creep.

I can't be arsed to critique the rest of your post. Musn't engage with creeps on the internet (unless they are extremely attractive, then they cease to be a creep and instead become charming. Hmmm.... Can you post a face shot so that I can decide?)

Well let's not be absurd. There's different degrees of touching and different ways to approach someone. Saying all touching is inappropriate is just silly. There's a difference between someone coming up to you and gently putting their hand on your shoulder or tapping you and saying hello, and someone grabbing one of your extremities with a closed grip. I look at intention and circumstance.

I've had people approach me respectfully and disrespectfully (while touching me). Saying a blanket statement that all humans who touch other humans are creepy or inappropriate sounds juvenile and unrealistic.

Don't believe in "pick up" either so I'm not sure why that's a jab at me. If I'm in a bar and see a woman that's attractive I will walk up, say hi, tap her on the shoulder/back, or grab her hand while introducing myself. If that's creepy or inappropriate guess I'm a creep. Usually I will be somewhat physical from the start because it tells me right away if the girl is into me or not. Girls that are sexually available and emotionally healthy will let a guy touch them that they are attracted to. Not saying I walk up and grab their ass or tits like some of you suggest, or that I walk up and squeeze someone's arm, or that that is in any way acceptable. I'm just saying touching in and of itself is not some cardinal sin. If the world has become so fucking pussified and politically correct that the mere thought of a stranger going up to another stranger in a polite way and touching them in a respectful manner is "unacceptable" then I guess I'm the biggest creep there is.

Yeah maybe my original statement that it only happens to women is an exaggeration. I've had men and women touch me in inappropriate ways as a man because of both my tattoos and my muscles. A month ago some random drunk guy in a bar walks up to, pokes me chest, and yells "THIS GUY WORKS OUT" and I was in shock. Then the 2 women he was with start following suit. If he was alone I probably would have told him off or publicly humiliated him with some wisecrack but when the women started touching my arm and chest I softened up and accepted the attention. I'm egotistical and vain like that I guess.

But I can understand the discomfort when a stranger touches you, even if they are attractive. I've had attractive girls be into my tattoos and want to touch my arms but I simply wasn't in the mood for any of it.

Guess I just don't see it as as big a deal when I know someone's intent is coming from a place of admiration or curiosity. Since working out religiously I get a lot of attention on my body. Ironically it's mainly from other males. I don't become a douchebag because random guys are commenting on my body or touching my arms because it's coming from a certain context. It's not like a sex offender is coming up and grabbing my ass. I'm not going to explode on a random stranger who means well and is not really fucking with me that bad in the first place. If I really feel uncomfortable I'll just verbally say "Please don't touch me I don't know you" or whatever it is I need to say to give them the hint that I'm not in the mood.

I just feel like people are blowing up and exaggerating the implication of what are in reality pretty much harmless interactions. And of course suggesting what I suggested about the dynamics of attraction and how most people are happy to get attention from attractive members of the opposite sex I must be some sort of scumbag. I still stand by what I said though I'm just trying to expound more on where I'm coming from. I do understand some peoples discomfort, and there is a line to be crossed, but let's not get crazy here.

Just as a heads up, at least in the U.S., I think you'll find a decent percentage of women view this as pushy.

Works well so far for me here in California. Not every girl likes it. That's the point. If a girl tells me to get lost then I've just saved myself a lot of time. Most emotionally healthy women won't think I'm a sex offender or call the cops for gently putting my hand on their back while I say hello or for confidently shaking their hand and maybe holding onto it longer than usual when I walk up and introduce myself. Normal people are usually flattered if you walk up and express interest in them, even if they don't reciprocate. Like I said there's a difference between walking up and gently touching someone's back or shoulder from the side, or holding onto their hand as you introduce yourself, and squeezing one of their extremities or grabbing their ass or breasts. I'm not sure where this school of thought that all touching is evil is coming from. That's what I feel was implied at least.

Typically when people lash out at strangers for otherwise harmless actions like a light touch on the back or shoulder, or holding someone's hand as they introduce themselves, it speaks more about their own mental/emotional state. Hell some people get angry if you just walk up and say hello to them. I gave the example of the drunk guy in the bar who poked my chest and commented on my physique and his two female friends that followed. I could have been a dick to them and used my mouth to humiliate them but why bother? I'm a fairly well grounded person. Only someone with issues would lash out needlessly. If the touching was inappropriate or went too far of course I would be within grounds to lash out. But putting the situation in context, it was just a few drunk people being complementary/curious and lighthearted. No need to be a dick in such a situation. I was never in harm and while at first I was slightly confused and uncomfortable, I knew the guy and his female friends didn't have negative intentions. No biggie. No need for me to lash out at him then come on the internet and rant about how somebody had the audacity to touch me. Really just not a big deal in that case.

As far as approaching women, being more aggressive actually works far better than being a passive "nice guy" does. Figure that. Did a 180 about a year ago and am very satisfied with the difference. But I digress I'm already ranting pretty long about this and this forum isn't for us to discuss dating ritual in America.

Judge all you want just gave my 2 cents. The opinions of internet strangers surely aren't going to change how I act so feel free to speak your minds. Natural things like the touch that occurs in human interaction are supposedly politically incorrect. Okay. Won't even go near there again. Also won't argue or post further here as I don't want to hijack the thread with arguments. I like to come here to talk about tattoos.

May I add .02$

Jesus Mick you had her at hello lol.

My tattoos get grabbed somewhat frequently by both men and women. I remember being in mexico at a hotel pool and this dude was with his girlfriend/wife wouldn't/ couldn't get his damn hands off my arm. It FREAKED ME OUT hard, we have reached a point where tattoos aren't on 1% of the population and I see them on so many damn people. I've also had it happen at the gym... please don't touch me at the gym.

I agree that touching to establish a sexual boundary is natural in human interaction, but I find that using a tattoo as an excuse to touch a woman is so damn creepy.

I never had the urge to touch another person's tattoos. I have seen plenty of guys in bars touching/rubbing a girls tattoos and the reaction is always that they are sketched out hard.

Change the situation from tattoos to something anything else and you will kinda see how creepy it is. She has the biggest butt I just wanna go up and start touching it as I introduce myself. I know that may be an absurd leap in the situation, but part of me feels like you know better and know what you are doing.

Also won't argue or post further here as I don't want to hijack the thread with arguments. I like to come here to talk about tattoos.

I hope by "won't post further here" you mean this forum in general, because when I look at your posting history, you haven't posted anything about tattoos since January, whereas all your recent posts have been on this topic, and not in response to anything in particular, I might add. If I'm being generous, you're a clown-ass fucking troll. If I'm not, I'd say that if you aren't a rapist, you're really good at playing one on the internet.

I hope by "won't post further here" you mean this forum in general, because when I look at your posting history, you haven't posted anything about tattoos since January, whereas all your recent posts have been on this topic, and not in response to anything in particular, I might add. If I'm being generous, you're a clown-ass fucking troll. If I'm not, I'd say that if you aren't a rapist, you're really good at playing one on the internet.

Haven't posted much of anything since January had my mind on other things and been too broke to indulge in my tattoo fetish. What's your point?

Not sure what you're being angry, insulting, and disrespectful for. I insulted no one. I threatened no one. I didn't name call or lash out at anyone in this topic and you're acting like a royal prick toward me. If you can't handle the fact that someone thinks or lives differently than you maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

And yes, me walking up to a girl in a bar and gently touching her arm or back as I say "Hello my name is __________" is the equivalent of rape. Yes rape. Every time I do that I'm raping someone.

I mean holy fuck do you even hear yourself? Isn't that insulting to the victims of people who are actually sexually assaulted every day?

^^^^

#1 PUA Forum - Become The Ultimate Pick Up Artist

#1 PUA Forum - Become The Ultimate Pick Up Artist › ... › Natural Game

Jun 14, 2013 - 7 posts - ‎7 authors

Genie of the West. Post subject: Re: Sarge Her Like You Would Sarge Yourself. Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:38 am.

Don't believe in PUA nonsense anymore. I may be a "creep" if walking up to women and introducing yourself while lightly touching them is creepy but I don't believe anything from the "pick up" or "seduction community" is legitimate. Unless their advice is "be as good looking as you can and talk to a lot of women until you strike gold" then I don't buy it. If you did that much google-fu maybe you should check my last log-in and last message posted on that forum. I'd bet it's more than 12 months ago.

Nice attempt at character assassination though. All I see is you guys ranting and raving, insulting me with ad hominem attacks, and calling me a troll instead of actually addressing the thing I said or responding to me with substance. Not really even sure what you guys are trying to say. You actually aren't saying much of anything. All you're doing is saying I'm a troll, calling me a rapist, and telling people I posted on a "pick-up" forum 1 year ago.

None of which has anything to do with the things I said prior.

^^^^

#1 PUA Forum - Become The Ultimate Pick Up Artist

#1 PUA Forum - Become The Ultimate Pick Up Artist › ... › Natural Game

Jun 14, 2013 - 7 posts - ‎7 authors

Genie of the West. Post subject: Re: Sarge Her Like You Would Sarge Yourself. Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:38 am.

I am ashamed now for clicking on that link... It really is the super douche chill stuff like this that makes women cringe when you are genuine or nice with them. Because they always assume ulterior motives.

I complimented a girl that had a chest piece by meghan massacre and she looked at me like I was a giant creep. Then you go into damage control like "I really like tattoos, yours is nice." and you just sound worse as you keep rambling, or at least I do.

@genie - don't the attacks have to be ad hominem because they concern your behaviors and beliefs not general ideas you are presenting?

last login / post on that forum should not matter... you signed up.

but I ain't about dat life anymo.