Tattoo Removal Cream

I just spoke with someone who told me about a tattoo removal cream called Tatt Off or something like that.

The guy told me his sister has been using it for 5-6 weeks and her tattoo has already faded a bit.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of that method of tattoo removal, it sounds a bit too good to be true.

I would find it hard to remove something like a tattoo with a topical ointment. I don't know for certain as I have never used one of these creams, but if they did work people would talk about them more. Everyone always has a friend or a sisters friend who used it and it worked great but never have actually met anyone who used this stuff. Funny you would think one of those people would come back in to rub it in my face after I told them they would just be wasting their money.

Furthermore if they even lightened the tattoo a little bit, it would be a useful tool for tattooers trying to do a cover-up. But I haven't heard of anyone backing any of these products.

My 2 cents is yeah too good to be true.

Tattoos don't sit on top of the skin, so I'm not sure how a cream would work. Also, why would people endure the cost and pain of laser removal if they could just rub a little cream on their skin to remove a tattoo?

There is no free lunch, if it sounds too good to be true it is, there is a sucker born every minute, etc., etc., etc.

I don't think I would even waste my time or money trying it. If it took needles to put the ink in, it should take more than a cream to get it out, unless the cream is burning off layers of skin or something, in which case I would imagine it would be seriously painful

I actually met a chick a few weeks ago that has been using one of those creams.

Her tattoo is faded. It's not faded much, but it is faded.

She said it hurts pretty bad when you put the cream on, and that essentially it's just a very acidic cream that burns away your skin I guess. If you get the cream on non tattooed areas of skin it lightens that too, she's got weird patches around the tattoo. By the look and sounds of it, it's going to take a long fucking time to get it light enough to cover (it's a big tattoo with lots of solid areas). She thinks laser is too expensive and painful but in the end it's probably way more worth the higher up front cost of laser to get it done quickly and more efficiently.

She thinks laser is too expensive and painful but in the end it's probably way more worth the higher up front cost of laser to get it done quickly and more efficiently.

You hit the nail on the head- a laser is targeted and only going to effect the lines and color of the tattoo where a creme or ointment would 'leak' outside of the confines of the tattoo.

• 4 weeks later...

i had herd some horror stories about these creams. which i don't know if the person didn't follow the instructions, but people can actually get second degree chemical burns from them, which would be bad if the acidic chemicals would enter the blood stream. at least that possibility would be my logic, I'm not sure how the stuff works enough to know. all in all I'd stick with the proven medical laser removal if it were myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A review of Wrecking Balm from Amazon. Classic

354 of 434 people found the following review helpful

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't get it in your eyes, January 2, 2012

By Amy L. Brown (WOODBRIDGE, VA, US) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Wrecking Balm Tattoo Removal & Fade System (Health and Beauty)

I bought this for my wife who wanted to remove a tattoo from just above her buttocks. I believe they call it a tramp stamp. The tattoo said "Ronnie", which is the name of one of her ex boyfriends. So you can understand how I decided to spend the money on getting that damn tattoo removed.

My wife didn't really want to get the tattoo removed. Although she denied it, I think she was still into this "Ronnie" character. She would always visit him in jail, as well as send him letters and pictures.

So I found this product at a local Wegmans. I didn't tell my wife what it was, instead explaining to her that it was tattoo enhancement cream. I told her it would sting a little, but that was just the stuff doing its job.

Now, you have to understand that my wife is a big girl. Let's just say that she constantly wears jogging pants and refers to them as them as her pants. So she couldn't really see the tattoo herself. Even when she tried to use a mirror, it was hard to make out. So I thought everything would turn out okay.

Well, the cream worked. Every evening I would apply the cream for her, telling her that the tattoo was looking better and better. When in fact it was fading more and more. I told her that the micro dermabrasion thingy was actually a tattoo polisher. And so I would spend a good 15 minutes every night grinding away at that damn tattoo. And it was almost gone entirely.

Then Ronnie got out of jail. It turns out my suspicions were correct. My wife still had a thing for him. I came home from work one evening to find Ronnie and my wife hanging out on the couch. And boy did they look pissed. And Ronnie was a pretty tough looking guy.

Apparently, and I'm not trying to insinuate anything here, somehow Ronnie had noticed the now bare space just above my wife's buttocks and had asked her about it. And now he was pissed off because he had bought her the tattoo to begin with. And she was pissed off as well because I had tricked her into having her tattoo removed.

Long story short, I had the option of getting my ass kicked, or of buying a new tattoo. So we went to the tattoo place, shelled out the cash for a new tattoo, and winced the entire time as Ronnie and my wife watched me get the words "Ronnie's Bitch" tattooed on my chest.

Since then my wife has kicked me out. And Ronnie is now living in my house. And me, I'm on my second tube of wrecking balm tattoo fade system. I can't tell you enough how much I like this product.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

do not want. if you want to get one removed, imo youve either got a fad tattoo that is no longer cool, or youve gone to shit 'artists'. either way, get it removed the hard way, or live with it. :P

- - - Updated - - -

A review of Wrecking Balm from Amazon. Classic

354 of 434 people found the following review helpful

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't get it in your eyes, January 2, 2012

By Amy L. Brown (WOODBRIDGE, VA, US) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Wrecking Balm Tattoo Removal & Fade System (Health and Beauty)

I bought this for my wife who wanted to remove a tattoo from just above her buttocks. I believe they call it a tramp stamp. The tattoo said "Ronnie", which is the name of one of her ex boyfriends. So you can understand how I decided to spend the money on getting that damn tattoo removed.

My wife didn't really want to get the tattoo removed. Although she denied it, I think she was still into this "Ronnie" character. She would always visit him in jail, as well as send him letters and pictures.

So I found this product at a local Wegmans. I didn't tell my wife what it was, instead explaining to her that it was tattoo enhancement cream. I told her it would sting a little, but that was just the stuff doing its job.

Now, you have to understand that my wife is a big girl. Let's just say that she constantly wears jogging pants and refers to them as them as her pants. So she couldn't really see the tattoo herself. Even when she tried to use a mirror, it was hard to make out. So I thought everything would turn out okay.

Well, the cream worked. Every evening I would apply the cream for her, telling her that the tattoo was looking better and better. When in fact it was fading more and more. I told her that the micro dermabrasion thingy was actually a tattoo polisher. And so I would spend a good 15 minutes every night grinding away at that damn tattoo. And it was almost gone entirely.

Then Ronnie got out of jail. It turns out my suspicions were correct. My wife still had a thing for him. I came home from work one evening to find Ronnie and my wife hanging out on the couch. And boy did they look pissed. And Ronnie was a pretty tough looking guy.

Apparently, and I'm not trying to insinuate anything here, somehow Ronnie had noticed the now bare space just above my wife's buttocks and had asked her about it. And now he was pissed off because he had bought her the tattoo to begin with. And she was pissed off as well because I had tricked her into having her tattoo removed.

Long story short, I had the option of getting my ass kicked, or of buying a new tattoo. So we went to the tattoo place, shelled out the cash for a new tattoo, and winced the entire time as Ronnie and my wife watched me get the words "Ronnie's Bitch" tattooed on my chest.

Since then my wife has kicked me out. And Ronnie is now living in my house. And me, I'm on my second tube of wrecking balm tattoo fade system. I can't tell you enough how much I like this product.

lol..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest theyearsummerendedinjune

That stuff is through and through a bust. Have never heard of a single instance in which it has worked even slightly.

On an episode of Tattoo Nightmares they had a bitch of a time covering up a tat that had been treated with a removal cream. Not only did it not work in the first place, but it hindered the skin from taking the pigment of the new cover up. Being cheap was going to cost them anyway through the multiple visits needed to get ink into the skin.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...