Jordan from Frith Street Acciident

I just read, on Instagram that Jordan Teear from Frith Street was in a motorcycle accident in Los Angeles. Not a whole lot of information was given, but it said he is in stable condition with two broken legs. I am sure that Valerie and Stewart know more about it, and they will probably post later.

I wanted to go ahead and put this up because there has been a Paypal account started to help with donations. It is bad enough to be in the hospital in your hometown, but infinitely worse to be in one thousands of miles from home. I think that the account is teearrelief@yahoo.com but you should double check that before you make a donation.

Yeah, I've been seeing this all over Instagram. It's so horrible...I can't really get my head around it. I rode a motorcycle for years and it's stories like this that make me glad I no longer do.

I've never met Jordan, but a lot of people I really respect have nothing but the best things to say about him.

It says a lot to see the widespread support from his friends everywhere ,I don't know him either so this says it best .

True South: Jordan Teear Relief Fund

By Aaron (Tex) Finnin: As some of you may or may not know one of my best friends Jordan Teear and I have been planning a ride from Los Angeles to NYC for months… Yesterday as we were leaving he was hit by a lady going 60-plus MPH… Jordan is stable and fortunate to be in as good of shape as he is but has a long road to recovery… He is resting and waiting for surgery on his two broken legs…

Jordan is a great tattooer from London, one of the best guys I know, and is miles away from friends and family… We have set up a PayPal for him to aid in his needs during recovery until he can get back on his feet… Those that know him can attest that he is one of the most amazing and positive people around… A true gentleman… Please keep him in your thoughts in his recovery… If you would like to donate to him send as a “gift” to PayPal account teearrelief@yahoo.com

It’s hard to put accidents and trauma into words and pictures to paint emotions that can do no justice to that which seems to be justifiable only as blessings, good luck, or whatever/whoever’s beliefs call the unexplainable… To all of our good friends and family of Jordan just know he is being taken care of with every ounce of love and care and attention…

I have been with him in the ER only to break for a short sleep and a shower and he’s stable and on the mend as best as he can be with the copious amount of pain that two broken legs brings… He has surgery on Thursday, and thanks to his friends and family back home will have Stacey here on Wednesday…

If you would like to send anything please mail to: True Tattoo, attention Jordan Teear 1614 N. Cahuenga Blvd Hollywood, Ca 90028.

In the meantime, please lay back from trying to call him or text… It’s pretty overwhelming and each text costs him. Feel free to e-mail messages to teearrelief@yahoo.com if need be… Thank you all for you blessings and positive vibes… He is truly grateful and sends his love to you all… I will do my best to keep you updated and send information to those I have been in contact with already. .:222:.

True South: Jordan Teear Relief Fund « TAM Blog

Best to him and hopes for a good recovery.

Same old..."I didn't see the motorsickle"!

Only two kinds of riders, those that have been down, and those that will be. I've found that aftr the first few times you get splashed, you tend to be a LOT more observant and careful. At least you gotta get something out of it.

Yeah, I agree. I've been on motorcycles for over 35 years and used to ride like a madman...then I got hit by a car. Fortunately it wasn't too bad but it scared the shit out of me and I swore I was done riding. I took one year off and then just had to ride again but i am so much more defensive then ever, always expecting and trying to be prepared for the worst. I feel bad for the artist that got hit, definitely sucks.

I guess people are expecting to hear from 'us' about this.

While Jordan is lucky to be alive, his luck extended far enough that the only injury he suffered was his broken legs, serious enough but it's amazing that he isn't even slightly concussed.

I'm not offering any new personal information or progress reports about Jordan's status. Jordan, while positive and open, was always reluctant to share personal (especially family) information, especially on the internet. Most of what I will say is scattered across comments on Instagram anyway.

Aaron from True Tattoo is with him and I guess he'll be making updates via Instagram.

We at Frith Street have arranged to send Jordan's girlfriend to go to LA to be with him. Some of us will be taking care of his cat and anything to do with his family back home. His financial obligations here in the UK will be taken care of.

Jordan had travel insurance and the driver who hit him also had insurance. While that will most likely cover his medical bills, he and his girlfriend still need to eat, sleep, travel, attempt to be comfortable, etc etc. thousands of miles from home. The donations received via PayPal will go to help Jordan pay for the non-medical things he needs. When he's recovered, surplus funds will be donated to a charity of Jordan's choosing.

Jordan is apparently in good spirits, making jokes and generally 'being Jordan', minus the acrobatics. He was upset the the paramedics had to cut off his favourite pair of jeans. Cards, gifts, flowers, lewd drawings, whatever, can be sent to Jordan via True Tattoo, Hollywood and the guys there will pass them on. I would like to stress the importance of lewd drawings - the more disgusting, the better. He also likes European chocolate and milkshakes.

I would, on behalf of myself and everyone at Frith Street, like to express our enormous gratitude to everyone who has donated money, gifts, cards, time, tattoo machines, positive thoughts, etc, etc to Jordan. It's very humbling and testament to the strength of Jordan's character and the sense of community in the tattoo world. It's hugely appreciated. Special thanks to Aaron from True Tattoo, Jordan is lucky to have such a friend with him right now.

Thank you, we wish him a speedy recovery.

^ sucks to hear about jordan, wishing him a fast and complete recovery. also, this post above is excellent, gives many details i was curious about and also reaffirms how awesome the dudes at FST are. really glad to read the part about remainder of the funds going to charity. high class dudes.

as far as drivers, mutherfuckers need to open their eyes, put down the fucking phones and treat driving like the responsibility it is. pretty much seein dumbass drivers all day everyday. pisses me off so much.

"He was upset that the Paramedics had to cut off his favourite pair of jeans "

The Ambulance guys and girls do a sterling job, but in the interests of better denim geek relations, if the bottom of the jeans resemble those in the photo .... please don't cut . I also lost my best pair a few moons back .

I literally just went down to Frith Street last friday to book in for my first tattoo with Jordan. Gutted to hear about this. I got a phone call from the shop this morning explaining what had happened. Super impressed at how quickly they thought to let customers know in what must be a really difficult situation. Although I haven't met jordan yet, I wish him a speedy recovery. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for him to be back and healthy so I can a great tattoo, even if I fill up the rest of my arm around the spot I've got saved! Jay.

Check it out everyone, Dice Magazine and True South Relief Fund will be hosting a benefit on Saturday July 28th at True Tattoo in Hollywood. If you're in the Southern California area then come on by and show your support for a good cause, there will be lot's of great stuff being auctioned off, such as one-off tattoo machines, custom painted motorcycle helmets, prints, paintings and drawings. It’ll be a good time and a good positive vibe.

benefitflyersmall.jpg

Chris Smith from Deluxe in Chicago appears to be auctioning a machine he's made in aid also.

Photo by chrismiff • Instagram

I actually met Jordan briefly when he was visiting Classic Ink in Dublin with Ross Nagle and Oliver Peck. Seemed like a good dude, I remember thinking it was a shame he wasn't squeezing in dishing out a few tattoos on his trip! Hope he heals up quick. It's lousy to be injured far from home.