New to LST and proud to be part of the new community!

Doozer

Hello everyone! I have my appointment on Thursday for my very first tattoo and I couldn't be more excited about it! I'm getting text that reads 'i believe' in alienese (the language from the show futurama). I drew up the design myself and was just wanting some input from tattoo enthusiasts and artist about if it would translate into a good tattoo. The big 'm' looking symbol is 'i' and i incorporated 'believe' into the curvature. I plan on getting it on my inner arm (bicep). Thank you!

hm....after being around this forum for a while, as well as checking out Dermagraphique: A Tattoo Critique fairly regularly, I have come to realize that a couple of my first tattoos were, well, not what they could have been. I am not regretful exactly, I like all my tattoos, but it's like: if I knew then what I know now...I might have done a couple things differently. If I were you I would look around at the galleries and think about it some more but that's just one person's input. There are a lot of cooler looking tattoo ideas out there in my opinion. Totally up to you and if one day down the road you're not crazy about it any more you could always get it covered or add other things around it and chalk it up to experience.

Get what you dig. But since you asked for advice... I think it's a cool idea -- but I would consider a less literal, more graphic design. For example: a cool alien/robot head with a flying saucer or a rocket ship and stars and planets all around. You could still do the text: "I Believe" in a banner in English or "alienese" or both. I'd be stoked to have this on my arm (without the "Futurama" logo):