Photography of people with tattoos

Lochlan

I always love seeing pictures of good photography with good tattoos and this photo catches my eye every time I see it so thought I would post a new thread. I know many of you out there have some and would love to see them!!! Also if you know anything on this photo please share as I don't, thanks.

i really want to do a portrait series of tattoo artists, but i'm not sure if anyone would be interested. i'd use my 4x5 for them, and they would be shot in natural light in a setting picked by the artist. and of course, no nudity. just each artist as they are daily in a place that expresses them.

if anyone would be interested in participating in this type of project, let me know, as i could get the ball rolling in December for it... i don't have a website, but i could email you examples of my work.

I always love seeing pictures of good photography with good tattoos and this photo catches my eye every time I see it so thought I would post a new thread. I know many of you out there have some and would love to see them!!! Also if you know anything on this photo please share as I don't, thanks.

i fucking love bull terriers. that is a great photo.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some photos that were sent to me. I have been a sucker lately for tattoo pictures like the neck tattoos and suit picture. The person who sent me this one says it was taken by Nathan Copan but the other ones I don't know about. The one of the girl flipping off the camera was sent to me due to the Transplants logo hand tattoo, fuc'n random hand tattoo. Enjoy......

Here are some photos that were sent to me. I have been a sucker lately for tattoo pictures like the neck tattoos and suit picture. The person who sent me this one says it was taken by Nathan Copan but the other ones I don't know about. The one of the girl flipping off the camera was sent to me due to the Transplants logo hand tattoo, fuc'n random hand tattoo. Enjoy......

That chick in the first picture is super hot. Ugh.

HA, yes. All of these types of shots/subjects gets kinda boring. Esp. when you start seeing the same people over and over and over. Also, DO YOUR PHOTO PROJECT!

the second girl in the last set of photos (the one with the bandanna over face), looks like this model that Karmaloop uses in their girls section. random observation haha.

and i'll do my photo project once i get it all sorted out and actually find people who are interested. i'm looking to start shooting in January/February.

• 3 weeks later...
it kind of bums me out that all of these girls look the same. i guess that doesn't really matter though.

I guess you have a new project ahead of you???? My homie Eric Ahlquist does cool photos but tattoos aren't his focus more Rumblers CC and other hot rod, custom, motorcycle, travel related stuff. I always enjoy when I go out to Brooklyn and stay with him looking at his work scattered throughout his house from his adventures. His perspective is very intriguing to me plus that he's a great guy helps!

• 4 weeks later...

the second picture in the last set feels like it breaks away from the mold. the rest of them are still skinny people with long dark hair with semi-heavy coverage (but i guess you like what you like right? no shame in that). as far as being straght edge is concerned, no clue. it doesn't feel like it to me, but then again Jackson always says it comes and goes in waves. i just don't really pay attention i guess.

oh and for that matter, hipsters fall into the mold as well.

In my opinion everyone that belongs to a particular subculture fall into some kind of mold.

How many girls in longbeach have that rockabilly style with greaser boyfriends that cruise hotrods, how many tattooers you see with long beards, how many suburban kids in orange county dress like cholos from the 80's, have many gangbangers in southcentral have shaved heads, wear raider jerseys with houseshoes, how many hairdresser chicks at the burgandy room have tattoos of shears and roses, how many punks have mohawks, how many skinheads wear fred perry shit, how many douchebags wear tapout shit?

Hipsters are just an easy and fun target but you name it and there is a stereotypical look to it. It's basic group behavior.