I need a professional tattoo artist opinion or someone in that sort, please!

AK143

I just recently gotten a tattoo of a spider on my lower back side..

It's almost been a week, so it's still healing & applied Vaseline on it

I'm not too happy about the shading, is there any way I maybe able to get that fixed?

& the two bottom legs. I like it, don't get me wrong, but the shading of the spider.. :confused:

Maybe I'm just a perfectionist or something..

So I'm wondering what you may think of it?

Thanks!

Not my taste, but it looks well done. you can have the shading changed, shouldn't be a major deal.

BUT QUIT PUTTING VASELINE ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You really don't need any greezy shit like that on a fresh tattoo. Some light, hypoallergenic, unscented skin lotion is all you need, and not much of that.

• 2 weeks later...

As @Dan S has said, stop putting Vaseline on that (is that what the artist recommended?)

Also, at the time you posted, it was still healing. It's impossible to see how it will look until it is done peeling. Has it healed now? What does it look like now? Most artists do free touch-ups on new tattoos if some spots healed incorrectly, or were missed, etc.

As everyone previously suggested, discontinue the use of vaseline! Being petroleum-based, it can clog the pores and delay the healing process. Any brand of unscented skin lotion is usually suggested, usually in minimal amounts, just enough to cover the tattoo and massage it into the tattoo until it disappears. If the tattoo looks 'shiny,' dab off the excess moisturizer with a paper towel. On another note, seeing as how you are still pretty early into the healing process, you should wait until the tattoo is fully healed before making any judgement calls on it. A tattoo can go through some funky looking stages while it is healing and can be misread as a 'mistake' or something of that nature. So once its totally healed, see the artist that did it originally, and if they are a reputable establishment, they should offer to touch up the tattoo, if needed. Of course, this is assuming that you followed their aftercare instructions. Some places will only guarantee their work if you follow their suggested aftercare routine. Failure to do so may be considered negligence on your part and so they may charge you a fee to touch up the tattoo.

• 2 weeks later...

the shading could be changed, Stop with vasiline, use h20 ocean, or you could use aquaphore you can get it at walmart. Im a artist at bad apple tattoo, we dont use vasiline ever... we use a&d when were doing the tattoo and usaully suggest the h20 or the aquaphore and we have had great results with that