Fat people with tattoos: Your thoughts

Thanks both! :D

I've got an appointment tomorrow getting both feet done so I might try and be brave and ask what she thinks, get an artist's opinion on my particular arm flesh. Part of me know I'm just being self conscious about it!

Thanks both! :D

I've got an appointment tomorrow getting both feet done so I might try and be brave and ask what she thinks, get an artist's opinion on my particular arm flesh. Part of me know I'm just being self conscious about it!

I think you'll be fine. Be warned that the inside of the upper arm is tender, the only down-side I see.

Any of you guys got ink there and are able to reassure me it can work? Thanks!

I have a tattoos on my upper arms, and it works just fine! In fact, I've said it before elsewhere (maybe even in this thread, but I'm too lazy to look), but tattooing made me finally feel comfortable in t-shirts. My weight has been terrible the last couple of years, and though I made a lot of headway with my recent training, I'm still overweight. I used to be tiny, so my awareness of my extra weight sticks with me throughout the day. T-shirts used to make that worse. It's very draining to be constantly aware throughout the day of something about yourself that makes you uncomfortable, so I avoided them a lot.

I don't do that anymore, though, because all of my feelings about my arms are positive now. I mean...I'm not guaranteeing that everybody will instantly feel comfortable with themselves after getting a tattoo, but for me personally, it has helped. It was like planting a flag on my own body, or something. Hard to describe.

Tattooing has me appreciating my physique. It's more real estate to put beautiful tattoos on. Haha! :o (This is actually a thing, though. Having more room to work with can mean having even more concepts for tattoos open to you on certain body parts!