I've always wanted a dragon tattoo, but the only pieces I've ever seen were on men and well ...manly. I think dragon tattoo designs could be amazing using the contours of a woman's body.

With that said, do any of you know/seen/tattooed dragons on women? I would just "google" it, but every one here seems the best at pulling images from every corner of the internet.

Also curious if any women on here have some dragons or what your opinions are on dragons on women following the publicity of the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? I seriously considered giving up my dream of having a dragon after the American movie got so much attention. (Noomi Rapace's tattoo was better in the Swedish version......)

I seriously considered giving up my dream of having a dragon after the American movie got so much attention. (Noomi Rapace's tattoo was better in the Swedish version......)

I never do, or don't do, something based on a movie. Chances are in a few years no one will remember it anyway (unless it's star wars of course). So don't get a Wooki and you'll be OK.

I think dragon tattoo designs could be amazing using the contours of a woman's body.

And they are! :D The first thing I thought of was Shige or Horiyoshi III. The Yellow Blaze site only shows a phoenix on a woman but Horiyoshi's got a dragon up there though: Horiyoshi III Official website | Tattoo Portfolio

Go for it!

i was on shige's site because I had heard alot about him... I believe I saw a dragon on a woman and it looked good. Personally, I think if you got a dragon it would look great, the thing that decides manliness usually tend to be color, placement, etc... lol if you are that worried about it looking manly, get some flowers, etc with it, and stick to a more feminine color palate. My two cents. Im not a pro or anything Im just giving you what I think on the fly.

So if I am wrong, my bad

I feel like you don't need to worry about whether a tattoo is masculine or feminine. For me, in 99% of cases, it's the female body that lends the femininity to the tattoo, not the image. Honestly, I've always thought there was something really sexy about tough as fuck tattoos on women. My girlfriend has a real tough dagger on her forearm, and no one would ever think of her and the word masculine at the same time. In my opinion, the overtly "feminine" touches that I see ladies add to images to try and "girl them up" just take away from the power of the tattoo.

In summation: a dragon would be fucking awesome.

I have a pooping dragon bunny.......I know it's not what you are talking about.....but it is a sort of dragon! ;)

Pictures please! :)

And they are! :D The first thing I thought of was Shige or Horiyoshi III. The Yellow Blaze site only shows a phoenix on a woman but Horiyoshi's got a dragon up there though: Horiyoshi III Official website | Tattoo Portfolio

Go for it!

For some reason I can't view that website, even if I search it... :(

To every one else: any pictures of dragons on women?? Love to see them...

- - - Updated - - -

My girlfriend has a real tough dagger on her forearm, and no one would ever think of her and the word masculine at the same time. In my opinion, the overtly "feminine" touches that I see ladies add to images to try and "girl them up" just take away from the power of the tattoo.

I totally agree. Thanks for your insight (& power to your girlfriend!) I'm far from masculine and would go so far as to say I'm a girly girl--people are always surprised when they find out I have a bunch of tattoos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...