Virginia Shops and Tattooers

MadeIndelible

I will be taking a trip to Charlottesville, Virginia at the end of next month. So far I have seen Jinx Proof in D.C. and Super Hands and Hold it Down in Richmond. Are there any shops that I am missing that are in the area? American traditional only, por fa. Also, any LSTers live near Charlottesville?

Acme Tattoo - Cville has Jason Boyer, who is a badass who also is the touring guitarist for Sleigh Bells. Staunton, hit up Tim Forbus at Acme Tattoo - Staunton. Go to Lynchburg and get tattooed by Josh Brown. Drive up to Harrisonburg, and get tattooed by Andrew Conner. Or drive to Richmond and you have Matt Brotka at Salvation, and Mike Rennie at Absolute. Or go to Petersburg and visit Tantrum. I realize I am repeating just about everyone else's choices. BUT YOU GOT CHOICES SON.

• 4 months later...

I don't mean to hijack this thread but it has been inactive for a while. I recently moved to VA and I am looking to get a couple large, black and grey, realistic/reproduction pieces. I am just curious if someone can give me the names and locations of the best artists in this area. I checked out all the names in this thread but they are obviously traditional artists, which is not what I am looking for. Thanks for the help!

Acme Tattoo - Cville has Jason Boyer, who is a badass who also is the touring guitarist for Sleigh Bells. Staunton, hit up Tim Forbus at Acme Tattoo - Staunton. Go to Lynchburg and get tattooed by Josh Brown. Drive up to Harrisonburg, and get tattooed by Andrew Conner. Or drive to Richmond and you have Matt Brotka at Salvation, and Mike Rennie at Absolute. Or go to Petersburg and visit Tantrum. I realize I am repeating just about everyone else's choices. BUT YOU GOT CHOICES SON.

thats the guy who inked up bourdain in atx??

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...