I never really listened to Lil Wayne but after doing the Three Questions with Sammy Winston and his musical suggestion of the 500 Days of Weezy suggestion I have discovered his genius. I listen to rap and hip hop on and off for many years but only a few of the rappers actually get me stoked. Which is why I don't listen to too much punk these days but more hardcore because less and less punk bands give me that feeling I used to get. But this is a forum thread on Lil Wayne so I'll try to keep my rambling on other genres to a minimum.

So he was released from serving an eight month stint at Rikker's and his re-emergence into the general public is this big deal. His lines are one-liners that turn to verse after verse of comedy and deep thoughts. Yes I just said deep thoughts and some musicians have it and some don't. I would put him up there as one of the classics next to Cat Stevens. HAHA, yeah I just put Lil Wayne and Cat Stevens as a comparison what? Shit he just may end up sampling some Cat Stevens for the next new Lil Wayne album? He is in the studio in Miami right now!!!????!!!!

Sammy got me into this as well.

Also on the punk note, I find most of this new punk really contrived and boring. I think people like Tim Barry, Chuck Ragan and others are evolving and creating punk music with a folk tone.

Oh, and thanks for posting the Sammy interview. Thats how I found this place, and I wanted to read it again. That dude is too funny.

Thanks for being a part of this site and seeing where it goes and what comes about from it.

As for punk, I think there are some good new people doing "punk" but it is not the punk I grew up on with teenage angst if you will. It for sure has a folk tone with it which is awesome as well as I love folk but it just doesn't grab me and say dance motherfucker dance, you know what I mean?

Some of the Lil Wayne stuff actually does though and I'll listen to it when working out which is odd as all hell thrown in between some Alcatraz, H2O, Gorilla Biscuits, Agnostic Front, Rancid, Powerhouse, etc.......

as long as it doesn't turn into the b9 board, we're cool

what's the deal with the B9 board? I love the label but don't really do message boards much (and yes I realize I'm posting that sentence on a message board :/ )

As long as we're discussing hardcore and bridge 9, Ceremony's newest record fucking rips. soooo good.

what's the deal with the B9 board? I love the label but don't really do message boards much (and yes I realize I'm posting that sentence on a message board :/ )

As long as we're discussing hardcore and bridge 9, Ceremony's newest record fucking rips. soooo good.

Agree. I like it even more than violence, violence.

And the b9 board is horrible...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lil Weezy is a tennis fan...and he called both winners correctly....

When Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., (a/k/a Lil Wayne) isn’t cutting some of the freshest and most inventive music of today, the Grammy-award winning rap artist can be found watching, talking or blogging about sports. Even while serving an eight-month prison term on Rikers Island stemming from a 2007 weapons charge, Wayne finds time to opine on the latest news and release new music. His latest single, “Right Above It,” dropped Aug. 17 and was the top debut on this week’s charts at No. 6, marking the New Orleans native’s highest debuting single as a lead artist. We asked Wayne, who is an avid tennis fan, to share his thoughts on the upcoming U.S. Open, which begins Monday in New York. We mailed our request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and three leafs of SI stationery … and Wayne’s thoughtful outlook for the tournament arrived in our mailbox yesterday. (Post your questions and messages to Wayne in the comments and we’ll pass them along.

wayne-small1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
lil wayne looks like a midget in that picture, I don't think we should be calling lil wayne a rapper as well! Dude doesn't write his own shit! nor can he actually rap...

Are you saying he's a modern Elvis stealing music? Or ???

Oh yeah and while I am on this thread I must say I have a crush on Nicki Minaj (Thanks Jake for showing me)!!