On my Facebook page

jade1955

I love this story.

A 50- something year old white woman arrived at her seat on a crowded flight and immediately didn't want the seat. The seat was next to a black man. Disgusted, the woman immediately summoned the flight attendant and demanded a new seat. The woman said "I cannot sit here next to this black man." The fight attendant said "Let me see if I can find another seat." After checking, the flight attendant returned and stated "Ma'am, there are no more seats in economy, but I will check with the captain and see if there is something in first class." About 10 minutes went by and the flight attendant returned and stated "The captain has confirmed that there are no more seats in economy, but there is one in first class. It is our company policy to never move a person from economy to first class, but being that it would be some sort of scandal to force a person to sit next to an UNPLEASANT person, the captain agreed to make the switch to first class." Before the woman could say anything, the attendant gestured to the black man and said, "Therefore sir, if you would so kindly retrieve your personal items, we would like to move you to the comfort of first class as the captain doesn't want you to sit next to an unpleasant person." Passengers in the seats nearby began to applause while some gave a standing ovation

I love this story.

A 50- something year old white woman arrived at her seat on a crowded flight and immediately didn't want the seat. The seat was next to a black man. Disgusted, the woman immediately summoned the flight attendant and demanded a new seat. The woman said "I cannot sit here next to this black man." The fight attendant said "Let me see if I can find another seat." After checking, the flight attendant returned and stated "Ma'am, there are no more seats in economy, but I will check with the captain and see if there is something in first class." About 10 minutes went by and the flight attendant returned and stated "The captain has confirmed that there are no more seats in economy, but there is one in first class. It is our company policy to never move a person from economy to first class, but being that it would be some sort of scandal to force a person to sit next to an UNPLEASANT person, the captain agreed to make the switch to first class." Before the woman could say anything, the attendant gestured to the black man and said, "Therefore sir, if you would so kindly retrieve your personal items, we would like to move you to the comfort of first class as the captain doesn't want you to sit next to an unpleasant person." Passengers in the seats nearby began to applause while some gave a standing ovation

That's a great story!!! The only way to deal with intolerance is to smack it right in the face!!!

Damn right! My friends are a rainbow when they come to the house ( litterally; some have so many tattoos, its like walking paintings). As a human society we have too many problems to start hating each other. We are supposed to be more evolved than animals; lets prove it.... That woman for me represents the bottom of society. Ignorance is not always blissed.....

The Ickes...The Harold Ickes Homes. They're mostly torn down now, making way for yuppie condos, but in their day, they were what's known as a "half-block, maybe" neighborhood. That's how far a White person on foot could expect to get, unless they were a known drug-customer. ALtegeld Gardens is a low-rise PJ, but probably worse, foot for foot, than the Ickes ever were.

Thanks for the clarification. I get it now. Good point; i live in Windsor , across Detroit. Two very different cities, from 2 very different countries. People are hurting in Detroit; we cross the bridge and see people begging in the street. People living under overpass. Cannot get used to it. Then i come back here. Not saying things are perfect here; far from it. But i was never refused service in a store here.., there yes. And i m a white woman; so maybe a threat over there? Here, the worse i had was a muslim man refusing to shake my hand at parent-teacher interview. Still unpleasant feeling though...

Dosn't suprise me. Still a good tale though.

That it is, and I have even seen it happen...but no one complained.

1994, late, maybe like November, and I'm on a flight from Frankfurt to O'Scare. They call the flight, weather is shitty, pretty borderline, and as we all sit down-I'm like 3 or 4 rows into economy-this freaking stench pervades the air. I don't mean it smelled, I mean stench.

LEt's see...I don't know how many of y'all are old enuf to have participated in any of the various hot-weather hot-spots, but if you cover carbon-based life forms with debris and silt and let them sit in the sun, or bake in a basement for a few months, then you know the smell I'm talking about. You taste it in the back of your throat.

Anyhow, they had just boarded a group of Croatians on their way out of Bosnia-Herzegovina, and apparently they had been hiding-out in a group of basements under a shopping district, and had come with basically the clothes they had on. Poor bastards smelled so bad the flies were trying to get away from them.

Flight attendants did what they could, people were taking clothes out of carry-on bags and giving them to them...and ya know, these people sat in an isolation waiting point in Stuttgart for however long, so that they didn't get away and become a burden on the locals...andcouldn't even get access to a showqer-point.