dari

Yuppies.

I know this us a huge generalization, but they usually get the wackest tattoos!!!!

They get super small super detailed crap in a super private spot. Coming into the shop acting like they are such huge rebels. Wanna be a rebel? Buy a Honda instead of a BMW.

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes....

What's the difference between a BMW and a porqupine?

Porqupines have the pricks on the OUTSIDE.

*nothing against BMW owners. Just yuppies

people who walk in on their phone and try to ask questions while STILL ON THEIR PHONE. or answer their phone as you're answering their question. i just walk away.

also, spoiled college kids who lay on our couches and put their feet up, and people who ask "so, what ELSE do you do?", implying there's no possible way i could actually earn a living tattooing!

Reference for tattoos on phones. this shit is gonna be on you forever, show some respect, don't be a cheap, lazy client. print that shit out so i can actually see your reference.

Have you ever drawn up a picture of them holding the image up to you on their phone? Just say this is what you showed me? Could get some good laughs?????? Thanks for sharing.

having a regular client no call no show twice, then giving them the benefit of doubt and setting them up for a third only to be let down again. shortly after being told i was recommended to design a t-shirt design for her friend and to just go ahead and draw whatever i want cause they cant think of anything. Without any apology for all the time wasted or plans to finish the work.

welcome to tattooing in the 21st century! designs on cell phones. we have a shop email set up just for people to email them to us so we can print it up, otherwise they can run over to kinko's and print it up. we don't let anyone put a disk or flashdrive on our computers.

there's a good iphone app, though. "hp iprint". it prints to your hp printer through the wifi. it's great for duplicating a tattoo already on someone or to do a quick sketch for a cover-up to give the client an idea of what you're thinking. just take a phone pic and print it out.

welcome to tattooing in the 21st century! designs on cell phones. we have a shop email set up just for people to email them to us so we can print it up, otherwise they can run over to kinko's and print it up. we don't let anyone put a disk or flashdrive on our computers.

there's a good iphone app, though. "hp iprint". it prints to your hp printer through the wifi. it's great for duplicating a tattoo already on someone or to do a quick sketch for a cover-up to give the client an idea of what you're thinking. just take a phone pic and print it out.

Mario, thanks for sharing this tip on how you guys have adjusted to this sometimes frustrating circumstance for tattooers and tattoo shops. It appears people are finding it useful!

Alright back to the pet peeves....thanks for joining us A.Sanchez, Ben Stone, & Rob Gilk!

Our shop is "family friendly", which means we get customers in here with their screaming 8 month old babies. Last week, I had a girl say (in reference to her screaming baby) "Oh, just put him on the floor. He'll shut up" I politely told her "Fuck no", and she asked "Why, is there like bacteria and shit?" Awesome.

Not my biggest pet peeve, but had a girl come in yesterday with a lotus on her lower back. Her first words were- "I want to do something with this. He messed it all up. I don't like it." So I look at it, and it's well done. Some of the magenta healed a bit patchy, but it was otherwise done by someone competent. She tells me it's too big and she doesn't like that there's not water around it.

I had to remind her that she SAW the stencil first, and gave him the go ahead. She seemed completely put off that I wasn't on board with her shit talking whoever did it, but that's not my style. The sad thing is, I know if it were a lot of the other shops around here, they'd just start bashing the initial artist, further perpetuating an unnecessary bad rep for the guy.

The phones are an every day occurrence. It's always "I wanna get this...." I say, "A blackberry? The iphone is cooler looking, you should get that tattooed on you,"...chirp chirp fucking retards. Nothing against retards. My other one is "Yeah, I have my reference, can I use your computer?" What the fuck? Use your own, spoiled fucks try to put a little effort into it, just a little. If twenty years ago you told me that 90% of everyone I tattooed was gonna bring me a picture of a tattoo they downloaded off the internet as reference I would have laughed my ass off. But I have to say, it save a lot of the "thats not at all what I wanted" crap. Fuck! Where have we come too?

• 3 weeks later...
I hate the dude that wants Dollar signs and references to Big Money and Ballin' tattooed all over. Then the jagoff haggles with you and is broke as fuck. I'm like oh I thought you was Ballin' playah. You better go play at the Flea Market Tattoo Stand. Maybe get come coins instead of paper tatted on you.

hahahahaha totally compensating I love it!