The ole spider webs

Love spider webs on elbows and @bulldog, I'd just go for it. I remember before I got my first tattoo, I wanted two big nautical stars and got put off of em by a coworker who convinced me they were "hardcore" tattoos (he had the Madball ball) and I'd get beat up if anyone saw 'em. Not that I regret NOT getting nautical stars, but in hindsight it seems really stupid to listen to other peoples' little two cents and subcultural suggestions. I also like webs on the knees, but who knows, maybe that means you been spending too much time on your knees giving bjs in prison.

Hey, I'm old, so I've got old-skool (did I just piss someone off with that k?) about things...times have changed so much in the last few decades, and so much has found it's way into the popular culture, that I doubt work like that would cause you any hassle.

Unless you do it with a machine made from a tape-player and a bic pen, and use india ink!!!

I would think that anyone that would question the spider-web/other prison tattoos would probably realize the difference between jailhouse style and one done by a pro. I've seen a bunch of jailhouse stuff and it has a very particular look to it, especially the ink.

I would think that anyone that would question the spider-web/other prison tattoos would probably realize the difference between jailhouse style and one done by a pro. I've seen a bunch of jailhouse stuff and it has a very particular look to it, especially the ink.

Very true. If you take a squint at some of the pix I posted from the old Easyriders Tattoo book, you'll see some real nice jailhouse...pretty easy to see the difference.

It's a dead-issue, but to me a guy with webs or walls or any of the other tried-and-true prison work, all done outside and looking clean and shiny, is kinda like the hero of the tune "Pretty Fly (for a White guy)" by Offspring. Strictly my personal opinion.

If he wasn't fighting a case right now, I'd put up some pics of one of my Brothers work. Castles with turrets for years, webs around his elbows n armpits, walls with searchlights, the whole nine-yards. Boy did ten the hard way in the 'ville here in Illinois. Not a nice place.

I'd be interested in seeing pictures, if and when that might become possible.

Love spider webs on elbows and @bulldog, I'd just go for it. I remember before I got my first tattoo, I wanted two big nautical stars and got put off of em by a coworker who convinced me they were "hardcore" tattoos (he had the Madball ball) and I'd get beat up if anyone saw 'em. Not that I regret NOT getting nautical stars, but in hindsight it seems really stupid to listen to other peoples' little two cents and subcultural suggestions. I also like webs on the knees, but who knows, maybe that means you been spending too much time on your knees giving bjs in prison.

i will definitely incorparate a spiders web somewhere, they look too cool not to....:)

yeah its hard what to say @gougetheeyes in reality is someone going to come check you because of webs or nautical stars? I have been digging some of the Russian criminal designs. I bet odds are low that someone comes up and asks me what prison camp i was in. I guess I am saying I lean towards getting designs you like. Although it would suck to be in a bad situation because of a tattoo

The webs on Kyle Tuttle, that type of thing I wouldn't even worry about. It is so obviosuly commercially done, I don't think anyone would say a thing-the style is all wrong. Now, if you went out and got a bunch of single-needle, or even 3-needle web-work, you might raise a few eyebrows.

Nautical stars...they can be tricky too, depending on where you are. In Chicago that shit can be life and death, but it all depends on circumstance. You've got a nice big star on your hand or arm, and someone puts you in check-"what you be about, cuz?" Bangers here ride under either the 5 or the 6-pointed star, and displaying one or the other can cause hostility. Obviously, if it's a nice, pro nautical star, it shouldn't raise an eyebrow, but we aren't talking about the Mensa Society here-all it takes is the wrong shit in a blunt or the glass dick and you may run into a major attitude.

The Rooskie stuff is in a whole nother category. It's straight prison, and no getting around it. 99.999% of the places you could go in the States I'm sure you would have no problem, but man, stay the hell outta Brighton Beach, East Rogers Park, West Hollywood, places like that! I suppose if a real Thief-in-Law saw an obviously Ami guy with camp tattoos, it could go either way-he might get a hella laugh out of it, or if the Stoly is just right, he might get a hella laugh outta splitting your melon. Oh, and don't plan on any vacations outside of the Americas with work like that. Official types in Euorpe nd Asia seem to keep a closer watch on that type of thing.

I was photographed and "inspected" the first time I went into Germany, and also when I went into Thailand..."just making sure there are no criminal markings."

Webbed elbows rule. My dad has webs on both of his (i'll see if i can try and find a picture somewhere to post). Ryan Bailey used a web to cap off my shoulder when he was tattooing me so I've been thinking of having him do my elbow and the rest of the filler when the time for that comes.

even with russian criminal tattoos, i feel like as long as you're not hanging around the wrong places, you should be fine. however, you never know. i'd never get something like that because i'm not russian, but i understand the appeal. they're definitely cool looking.

spider web tattoos are just so damn awesome.

My recently married in aunt is Russian (lived there through the Soviet Union, until the 2000s). She gave me her look of disapproval. Although I find it funny for her to judge me on my tattoos since she has at least 1 gold tooth.

• 9 months later...
Terrible cell phone picture, a little red n bloody, but you get the idea. Yesterday was a blast -- ran into @Perez and an hour or so later got one knee webbed. Hopefully we can knock out the other one next week or soon.. Thanks again dude, you're the best.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8991[/ATTACH]

Cool, I so want a spider wed on my knee

What do you think the modern day stigma for these on the elbows are these days?

Jailhouse/racist or classic tattoo design?

I have never heard of a spider web elbow piece having a meaning of Jailhouse/racist ,not many artists like doing knees or elbows,so I always just figured it was a common tattoo for the elbow,but never Jailhouse/racist.

jailhouse work is unmistakable ,it's easy to spot that IMO.

real mainline tattoos have their own signature.

Terrible cell phone picture, a little red n bloody, but you get the idea. Yesterday was a blast -- ran into @Perez and an hour or so later got one knee webbed. Hopefully we can knock out the other one next week or soon.. Thanks again dude, you're the best.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8991[/ATTACH]

You got your knee tattooed, so I guess you're a tough guy now? ;)

Looks super cool!