If you are in Chicago this Saturday and like tattoos and BBQ

http://www.facebook.com/events/384367751629570/

Welcome To RevolutionTattoo.net

Revolution Tattoo and Man B Que are having an event called Tattoo B Que. Basically it will be a big BBQ hosted at the shop with the hopes of doing a bunch of BBQ themed tattoos. Tattoos start at $100 and anyone who gets tattooed eats and drinks for free.

Might have to stop in and take a look...I'd be especially interested to hear how tattooing has been "in the dark ages" in Chicago until this gentleman with eight years of experience opened his doors. Guess it's easy to get carried away when someone is taping you!

I am more interested in the BBQ portion, but I thought the idea was pretty cool when Jesse of Man B Que told me about it on my last visit. Not sure about tattooing being in the dark ages other than the fact that you guys were kind of the last city that didn't have a hundred shops until a handful of years ago. There clearly is a rich history of tattooing in Chicago .

I hear the owner is actually a pretty decent guy, so yeah, I will probably swing by. Just kinda set my teeth on edge when I read the article he was interviewed for in the Reader. Hear tell it's not really your typical shop, more like a "salon" where you can get a tattoo.