Highly suggested tattoo shops in Philly?

wrazz

I'm heading to Philadelphia in about 2 weeks. I'd like to get a tattooed by someone 'notorious' in their own part of town.

Care to help? I've done a bit of research on Google & all that jazz but, also taking personal references.

You can get tattooed by Tom & Jerry at Eddies.One guy does the outline,and the other guy does the shading.And Topper works there too,and does real nice traditional work.Here's an article on the shop..

Inked Magazine :: Inked Spots :: Philadelphia Eddie's

Dave Fox works at Latest News

Philadelphia Eddies Chinatown Tattoo

Doug Hanson « Olde City Tattoo

Every tattooer is good with traditional,but i like Doug's work.

Forgot to mention Eric & Mike@ Kadillac Tattoo Deuce - Tattoo & Piercing - Philadelphia, PA | Facebook

It's a real classic traditional street shop with walls that are stocked with some great flash.

Raw Power Tattoo

This shop is in North East Philly.Three young dudes that are doing real nice work.

Bonnie & Clyde Tattoo Parlour - Philadelphia, PA

Sailor Eddie has been tattooing over 30yrs.

• 2 weeks later...

I jumped in here after reading through the posts on this thread, to ask a question that may be rather obscure.....

When I began making tattoos, I spent time in Philly in 1992 in love with a girl, and skateboarding. I knew of 3 fellows, all with the first name JOHN, all tattoo artists in those days, and began working out of a warehouse on N. 5th and Cecil B...... The most...uhhh...."prolific" of these gents, was a tattooist named John Tyler. One could not mistake this guy,a tall Caucasian with long dreadlocks, and the word "REAL" in black Olde English on his throat...which was very intense to me back then, 20 years ago. I don't mean to treat the LST forum like I'm finding a high school friend on Facebook, but he was a Philly tattooist, and one of my earliest influences. We had good friends in common only, but would anyone happen to know what may have come of John Tyler or the rest of the J-Krew? They all worked on South Street together at some point...a LONG time ago.