Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I think you need a snake tattoo. Maybe a snake with a dagger through it will properly express your feelings towards snakes.

Hahaha I'm actually planning on getting a snake and peony leg sleeve because I love the look of snake tattoos. Real snakes? Not so much ...

@ian The breeding potential in fires are pretty amazing. I was doing a bit of reading about them upon looking into snakes I'm interested in raising. You've probably already seen this website, but there's a huge list of designer morphs that are pretty unreal. Constrictors Unlimited- Pythonregius.com - Designer Morphs Available Now

In my experience, I think most snakes are pretty docile when they're well-fed and socialized regularly. I definitely want to follow your breeds, feel free to share progress!

@Pleadco Aaahhh that's adorable!!!! I've always loved that about snakes, they have so much personality as far as reptiles go. Do you have pictures?

I actually bought my first 4 snakes from Constrictors Unlimited.

Here's what came in the mail yesterday...

IMG_1703_zps8f999098.jpg

image_zps04834e9c.jpg

My view from the front door for the 3 weeks working in Breck

image_zps28abefe4.jpg

The scenery while riding a bike from Copper to Frisco to Breck

image_zpsc4db49eb.jpg

Boreas Pass

image_zpsa25d9eaa.jpg

My friend seems to think this sign means downshift and accelerate.

image_zps7dc6f111.jpg

image_zpsf1bed128.jpg

Guanella Pass

image_zps0791011e.jpg

This should not need a caption

image_zps35e2a48f.jpg

Oh yeah no guardrail and a big big big ass drop nbd. Hailstorm hit right after this picture.

image_zps8431ceee.jpg

Independence Pass / Continental Divide

image_zpsd521dd27.jpg

Hailstorm rainbow FTW

DSC08242_zpsbb79e020.jpg

DSC08291_zpsefe0036c.jpg

View from the campsite at Twin Lakes/Aspen area

Taking the monster truck to the mountain to the lake, load up and row the canoe across the lake and make camp in the other side.

Camping got realer than I thought it would.

- - - Updated - - -

I love seeing all this great stuff, @irezumi. I'm really happy for you, buddy.

Thanks man this has been a long time coming, (the move/job that is)

I know I started my own thread for it, but I since it's an awesome thing, too...

I was trying to raise $500 for my AIDS walk, with the team goal of $1000.

As of yesterday... I raised $1000, taking my team total up to $2040!

My amazing girlfriend raised $525 of the team total, which means that the rest of my team is slackin!

I only used two of the premiums that were available- a bar tab at my bar and a 'Shawn will cook you a super unhealthy dinner' option that someone spent $100 on... Simon Erl is doing us a shirt... which means I could even get more than the $1000.

It's going to help so many people in my area!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm leaving my academic teaching gig to take a job as a scientific illustrator for an excavation in Brazil next year. I get to do art for a living for a little while, and I am so fucking stoked.

I'm also taking a printmaking class this semester, and it's the most fun I've had in any class, ever. Not sure why I love this really hard, really time-consuming process, but it turns out I think lithography is the shit.

I'm leaving my academic teaching gig to take a job as a scientific illustrator for an excavation in Brazil next year. I get to do art for a living for a little while, and I am so fucking stoked.

I'm also taking a printmaking class this semester, and it's the most fun I've had in any class, ever. Not sure why I love this really hard, really time-consuming process, but it turns out I think lithography is the shit.

I love everything about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No name kitty. Terrible picture but she's still roaming everywhere and hasn't been still since we got back. Can't really see her face..she has bright yellow eyes.

Now we have three Tortie kitties. All because of Bella Jo, our original tortie. So, we have Britta Rose, who is 11.5, Clementine Isabelle that I got from this same shelter last November, and then this new one with no name yet. (we also have a grey and white cat named Opilio)

Seuss Mirabel

Goose Mirabel

Oleander Mirabel (would call her Ole)

I also thought about Seuss Goose b/c then it rhymes like Dr. Seuss. I considered Turtle, but then I'm sure we'd just call her Turtle head and I don't want that!

Husband wants Goose.