Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Got 2 art shows coming up later this year and have plenty of work to finish by then. 2 guest spots in GA and Bmore this summer and 1 or 2 other trips as well to SF and NY as well. Gonna start getting my back done real soon, that'll be a long time coming. Whole lotta shit going on and I'm spending too much time on the internet these days. So much so that I'm blundering into careless posts; I have curb a couple of forums for the sake of not being tempted to waste time. Not being able to post will actually be an awesome thing I'm doing.

Hopefully I've been able to be a mostly positive/helpful presence here and all that. The folks here that I know or follow me, I'll be in touch when I'm in your city and/or when those 2 shows come up.

Keep it up here everybody, it's been good!

Got 2 art shows coming up later this year and have plenty of work to finish by then. 2 guest spots in GA and Bmore this summer and 1 or 2 other trips as well to SF and NY as well. Gonna start getting my back done real soon, that'll be a long time coming. Whole lotta shit going on and I'm spending too much time on the internet these days. So much so that I'm blundering into careless posts; I have curb a couple of forums for the sake of not being tempted to waste time. Not being able to post will actually be an awesome thing I'm doing.

Hopefully I've been able to be a mostly positive/helpful presence here and all that. The folks here that I know or follow me, I'll be in touch when I'm in your city and/or when those 2 shows come up.

Keep it up here everybody, it's been good!

Best of luck @irezumi, and looking forward to your eventual return.

my wife & myself just spent 9 days on Maui

Maui looks fucking awesome! How were the pool bars, and the multi coloured drinks with little umbrellas in them? I fucking love pool bars, oh, and multi coloured drinks with little umbrellas in them. BUT! only when I'm on holiday so none of me mates can see me drinkin' 'em.

Just had my Wide Glide on the Dyno today...pulling a shave over 100 Torque & a shave under 90 horse power. Then I took it for a fuckin' smash down the motorway them up through the hills. That was my awesome day.

Maui looks fucking awesome! How were the pool bars, and the multi coloured drinks with little umbrellas in them? I fucking love pool bars, oh, and multi coloured drinks with little umbrellas in them. BUT! only when I'm on holiday so none of me mates can see me drinkin' 'em.

LOL we stay away from the tourist crap like pool bars ,and I drink one colored beer :D we go to Maui once a year & Kauai once a year,we have become very good at NOT doing that silly tourist bullshit,we don't stay at hotels anyway, we rent a private condo on Maui & a private home on Kauai when we go.

we have made several friends on each island,and know the quietest most beautiful places to hangout.

but hey ! if that's what you are into that's great,just not my thing.

I had a weird dream last night and don't know what thread to post it in, so here it goes. I scheduled an appointment with Valerie Vargas (IRL I've never met her, currently have no plans to get a tattoo from her, she doesn't work on my continent, and I don't think she has ever done the style or kind of tattoo I wanted in my dream) to get a tattoo of a pink flower. She was really late so another woman with impossibly tiny hands offered to do it instead. I agreed to it but she started painting on me with body paint. I told her I wanted a tattoo and she left.

1 out of 5 stars.

I'm eating frozen mango. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

Im in Queensland, gods own mango country, although out of season ATM. We just hit winter.

Have you seen the Yonana? It's faaarkin' awesome.

You take this, which makes that, which turns out something like such.

Frozen banana & mango with some dark chocolate put through is...mate..very fucking nice.

Im in Queensland, gods own mango country, although out of season ATM. We just hit winter.

Have you seen the Yonana? It's faaarkin' awesome.

You take this, which makes that, which turns out something like such.

Frozen banana & mango with some dark chocolate put through is...mate..very fucking nice.

Oh, you're in Queensland? I had no idea that God had granted such mango powers to your homeland. I bet if you had the money, you'd byu a friggin mango farm. I'd get so high up in those mango trees and mack on them all day. Yonana? No. Looks fucking yummy.

Ooo a mango tree! We have plain old trees that just shed these seed things that look like long caterpillars. And then seed things that spin around like helicopters. Aaaand then some other stupid thing they shed. Every time the wind blows. I wish we'd at least get some kick ass fruit out of it. Stupid trees.

We are redoing some of our landscaping, which isn't probably awesome to some, but it is to us b/c we pride ourselves on our abilities in the yard.

Aaaaand we've got two weeks before the play opens and it's a bit scary. A big production for a small community. I'm meeting new people and trying to come out of my shell but holy moly, maybe Les Mis wasn't the best choice for my first foray into theater-as-therapy hahahaha.

Landscaping! We too just recently did some landscaping to our entire front.

We chopped down all the trees, dug up all the grass and replaced it with a deck, shade covers, built a bar, bought a new bar b and now spend heaps of time drinkin', rockin' tunes, bar b qing the fuck outta chicken wings.

Yeah, spending quality time with nature is where it's at for us now.

Ok so I finished photography school 4 years ago and have been doing journalism and sociology and a bit of this and that since then. I'm still into photography a lot, in theory, but I haven't been as active as before. It's hard to come up with your own projects and carry through when nobody is forcing you, while also living a life. I've been mainly doing everyday photos, travel photos and a few jobs for magazines since I graduated.

But since about a year back I decided to make a photography project consisting of portraits of every tattooer that has and will put ink under my skin. I just made a list and I'm up to 23 names so far, tattooers who has all ready worked on me.

Save for some less involved photo sessions I haven't really put any effort in. Until yesterday when I hung out with and took photos of El Carlo who was guesting at Theo Jaks Infamous Tattoo in Stockholm. El Carlo tattooed me at the London Convention last year and it was really cool to meet him again and chat a bit about Spain, politics, tattooing and art in general.

Now I feel stoked about continuing the project and putting more energy into it. We'll see where it ends, perhaps in 20 years when I'm covered from head to toe it's going to be a book of portraits. I feel inspired!

Bonus: A friend wants a tattoo from me. Now it's time to start a long and glorious career of kitchen scratching, finally. Giddy up!

After 12 years of teaching at my current urban elementary school, I just got hired at another urban elementary school! It is smaller and cleaner, and two of my friends work there. I'm a little nervous about the change--the principal tells me he is "very demanding", but eh, maybe that's a good thing. And my mom told me I wouldn't be able to ever get a job at another school because of my tattoos. I wore a long sleeve shirt to the interview suckaaaaaaas. :p

Went to an NA meeting in SF tonight. It was marked an atheist meeting, but they still had the traditional 12 steps. Seemed odd. Anyway, I went, introduced myself, and heard the stories, all of which I related to in a very deep way. The speaker held the room without any seeming effort, and I enjoyed what he had to say about changing the way one views life. One word of advice, and I can't speak for all NA meetings, but do not drink the coffee at NA meetings. It was beyond scalding and there was only powdered creamer and refined sugar. What possessed me to drink it in the first place is beyond me. Took one sip and politely set the styrofoam cup under my chair. After the meeting, I took some of the pamphlets, and chatted with one of the members about taking the first step and how he was working on his higher power. After the meeting, I took it upon myself to get lost for an hour and a half trying to find my car. Just got home and wrote this post. Going to a meeting tomorrow, perhaps with my sister's boyfriend, who has attended meetings before. Yay me.

Went to an NA meeting in SF tonight. It was marked an atheist meeting, but they still had the traditional 12 steps. Seemed odd. Anyway, I went, introduced myself, and heard the stories, all of which I related to in a very deep way. The speaker held the room without any seeming effort, and I enjoyed what he had to say about changing the way one views life. One word of advice, and I can't speak for all NA meetings, but do not drink the coffee at NA meetings. It was beyond scalding and there was only powdered creamer and refined sugar. What possessed me to drink it in the first place is beyond me. Took one sip and politely set the styrofoam cup under my chair. After the meeting, I took some of the pamphlets, and chatted with one of the members about taking the first step and how he was working on his higher power. After the meeting, I took it upon myself to get lost for an hour and a half trying to find my car. Just got home and wrote this post. Going to a meeting tomorrow, perhaps with my sister's boyfriend, who has attended meetings before. Yay me.

There's really no way around the 12-step format, just take what you need out of it. I took some AA meetings as part of a DUI conviction many years ago and had to attend and get a booklet signed saying that I was there. And the coffee was all you said. Someone did bring in milk though.

I got 2 brothers, both self-admitted hardcore alcoholics and both sober for many years. I have to be careful myself with just about any substance that crosses my path. One day at a time.

Rob