Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Three things:

1. Went on a week long trip to Spain, visiting and making new friends in Barcelona and Granada. Had such a good time!

2. Decided to work less (finally!) so I have time and energy for doing fun stuff/art and taking care of relationships

3. I'm in love with someone who's in love with me. It's the best!

Woo! I just found out that after I drop off my current load this morning, I'm picking up a load that delivers in Missoula, Montana. This just happens to route me through my hometown, and my mom is making dinner for some good family friends. I should conveniently arrive around 6 p.m.

This rocks cuz my hometown is kind of in the middle of nowhere, so I never go near there unless I specifically ask to. Won't have a whole lot of time there, but at least I'll get to see my dog and have dinner with my parents!

This one is not about me but my daughter. She is doing a study abroad thing in Japan and had been talking about getting a tattoo when she got back. I was talking to her about it a couple of weeks ago and mentioned that she is in fucking Japan and she might thing about getting it while she is there.

I looked at the recommended shops on here and sent one to her, it happened to be pretty close to her school so she started sending emails to them. I thought she was just going in for a consult last night but she ended up getting the tattoo, it was something pretty simple that she drew herself. This was her first tattoo and I have to thank Last Sparrow for helping to make it such a positive experience.

10702015_826918250691633_4953827067009049512_n.jpg?oh=e402ce6c0191c5b690c810ac9e6c47e7&oe=54DD7D50&__gda__=1423866073_35ad58a60bb505918350938304d5d979

My daughter and Gangi

1390659_826918827358242_8190966149422513342_n.jpg?oh=7fbb27283c6795921c8f085477d315a3&oe=54D7A00B&__gda__=1423866000_737c6c60e77e1636afb7c8ec0a063637

The tattoo

10734006_826918544024937_6697161419805331935_n.jpg?oh=c9179272a8ebb74cf4b0c6565a2d6c05&oe=54F6CC35&__gda__=1424451049_d061637b43fc027e5b1f11bbae7b02cb

This fizzled out quickly. I think they interpreted my target salary as "fuck you guys" (it sorta was meant to say that) because they called me back the next day to say we were too far apart for them to make an offer. It was a long shot that they would be smart enough to accurately value my work but I'm more disappointed that I didn't get a chance to practice negotiating. I'm better off at my current employer with lower stress, 3 mile commute, and 50 days of time off.

Well, that certainly tells you something. It's too bad you weren't able to have that conversation in real time to justify why you felt that salary was appropriate (and get in that negotiation practice).

But, if they can't recognize the value of your work, it's certainly better to understand that from the outset.

50 days. I'm so jealous!

I met @mmikaoj this week in Stockholm! He hosted me for a night as a couchsurfer, and I got to enjoy an amazing dinner with him and all of his housemates, too! Very fun and generous folks, all of them. AND I got to see all the art he has hanging around, and the art he is making himself! A stand-up guy, this one (and talented).

Thank you again for the hospitality and for being awesome, @mmikaoj! :) Hope to see you again soon -- either back in Sweden or in the States! (wink nudge)

• 2 weeks later...

Booking the last tickets for my next trip right now.

First: Budapest - Trieste (back piece session with Rudy Fritsch) - Milan - my friends grandparents place close by - Berlin.

15 day trip and it's going to be funnnn! Will be visiting people that I know, so good company and free housing during the trip. New adventures on the horizon

Brewing a Belgian pale. Nothing special with the recipe, but I'm going to be giving a portion of it to Dana Helmuth this Thursday in celebration of completing my back piece. I want to come up with some good labels, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a good pun name. Because that's what all the cool home brewers do. A good pun beer name goes a long way.

Back Tattoo Brew

Back Piece Pale

Yeah, 15 minutes of brainstorming and that's all I have. This is why I don't name any of my beers. This one is a pale, that one is an amber.

I've never had an interest in boxing, but the mom of one of my kindergartners told me I should take a class at her and her husband's boxing gym. I laughed at first but then I thought, what the hell?! I got my other kindergarten teacher friend to join me for a class today. Holy crap it was grueling, and so much fun! I want to go back!!! Every time the instructor (my student's dad) would bark out orders, my friend would go "This is BULLSHIT!" and we'd crack up. Hopefully we didn't laugh too much for the more serious fighters in the class. Seemed like the music was up loud enough that it didn't matter. Great time. After the workout I asked the mom if this was payback for not giving her son enough stickers. Of course they did not even react in the slightest to my tattoos, not even the little kid! I knew they'd be cool like that. I have a feeling I am going to be wicked sore tomorrow and possibly Monday.