Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

flash_thumb.jpg Not trying to claim all designs are original, so some may look familiar. just using this as a learning experience. all are hand painted, acrylic on bristol board. had a lot of fun doing this...plan on doing a set of originals now.

New jobs rule! I had an interview yesterday that went well, which was cool because I did the interview in French (which I can speak, but not super well, and especially not when I'm nervous), and also because the company approached me. It's nice being at a point in my career where that happens. It's a new thing for me.

I've been drawing a lot over the past couple of years and I'm starting to feel that I'm getting somewhere with it. Last Sunday I went to a life drawing session that I go to very irregularly and I had the same model I drew the last time I went (which may have been around April?) and comparing my drawings to the ones I did then, I've gotten a lot better and my drawings are a lot looser. It's awesome to have a concrete comparison like that.

I know the EMT life life can be tough, but was it all that bad?

It's 50/50. Half the time you are not doing shit/studying/watching movies, but the other half you are stuck dealing with the bottom of the barrel scum of humanity or nice people who are put in terrible situations. I would recommend the job to anyone who thinks they can take being a medic, but if you have any doubts... don't even bother.

I recently joined a pretty intense kung fu program. This place is the whole deal, training your mind, body, and spirit, and everyone there seems really passionate and committed to bettering themselves.

I finally had my official first class yesterday and I am SO STOKED about it! Best thing I've done for myself in years!! My next class is on Saturday and I can't wait...

I'm currently finishing up the final mixes to my new album that I've been working on for just over a year now.

I'm super proud of how it's turning out and I can't wait to get it released!

It's finally released!

I wrote, recorded, tracked, and performed the whole thing (except for the drums).

Here's the link if you guys are curious at all:

With Wolves

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I hope you guys like it.

That great job interview I posted about that they called me in for last minute and wanted me to quit my current job right away so I could start as soon as possible? Turns out there was actually no job. Fuckin' time wasters.

But it is super awesome that a friend commissioned some art from me (never drawn or painted for anything other than fun previously) which is even more awesome because she wants an illustration of skeletons driving a lime green Dodge Super Bee. I am super stoked that someone is paying me money for this!

I like the intro a lot, and the songs have a nice Whiskeytown feel to them.

Have you ever listened to Tim Lee? Hell of a guitar player.

Nope. Never heard of him. What's his deal?

Also, that's awesome that you picked up on a Whiskeytown vibe from these songs. Ryan Adams has definitely been a huge influence on me over the years.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I got out of the hotel and into a house today! And fired up my spinning wheel for the first time in over a year.

(But dang! I'm so bored and lost in this big ol' empty house with no tv and no internet except for my phone). I might do a lot of spinning. And knitting. And reading. And whatever else I can think of.