Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

We buy pre sale Riot Fext tix around Thanksgiving and they just announced today that the original Misfits lineup will be reuniting after 33 years to play this year. The rest of the lineup should be out soon but that was a nice icebreaker of a release. 

Gonna see how long the line is for the Elm Street Tattoo Friday the 13th thing tonight. and then I have an appointment with Marina Inoue at the Elm Street Tattoo Festival next week. 

All in all, a good day.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, Boiled Dove said:

We buy pre sale Riot Fext tix around Thanksgiving and they just announced today that the original Misfits lineup will be reuniting after 33 years to play this year. The rest of the lineup should be out soon but that was a nice icebreaker of a release. 

Gonna see how long the line is for the Elm Street Tattoo Friday the 13th thing tonight. and then I have an appointment with Marina Inoue at the Elm Street Tattoo Festival next week. 

All in all, a good day.

I saw that. I've done Chicago RF twice...good times. I'm in countdown mode for Punk Rock Bowling. Can.Not.Wait.

Vic Ruggiero (from the Slackers NYC) played a solo show last nite in a living room in east Edmonton. It was super dope, we love Vic here. That's me on the left playing the red wurlitzer, the show turned into an amazing ska/rocksteady jam sesh with some cool cats (and close friends) from the Canadian ska scene.

13108923_182264865501551_1373263139_n.jpPretty awesome to get to play alongside one of your musical icons. Pretty jazzed. Life is full circle.

Edited by bongsau

@Gingerninja

My old reggae band opened for The Slackers in 2002. We were young and inspired, the Slackers gave us some good praise and feedback and told us to keep going, don't quit. Well we gave it a good run, played with them a few other times around the country and then moved on with life. Still a big Slackers fan, they played in Edmonton a few years ago we ended up having an after party at my house and Vic Ruggiero came to hang, he's a real down to earth cat. He remembered who I was from 10 years previous and I fanboy'd out that here is a musical icon of mine thumbing through my reggae and ska record collection and talking to me like I was an old bud. He crashed on my couch, we tucked him in and my dog and cat snuggled him to sleep, we almost carbon monoxide poisoned him from the fireplace lol. And then I'm cooking him breakfast in the morning, we're talking about our different everyday lives and music. We now keep in touch, I send him pics of my pug dog every couple of months to say what's up and have a laugh. Didn't think I was going to make this house show last weekend some acquaintances had set up. But after working the weekend on 4 hours of sleep I roll into the house party. Vic and all my buds all smile at me, invited me onto the red wurli and the rest is magic memories.

Vic and I played Mellow Mood by Bob Marley and then a bunch of the other musicians at the house show took turns jamming along and singing songs. Vic is one hell of singer/songwriter/musician and one of the most geniune human beings I've been blessed to meet.

On 5/11/2016 at 1:24 PM, oboogie said:

I lost my black lab to a stroke a couple of months ago. I finally felt up to adopting a new rescue. Meet Brontë. She's a St. Bernard/possible Blue Tuck Coon Hound mix. She's going to be a big girl!

13220627_10154088745560539_5525848684778

so sorry for your loss,(I just saw this post)  :( she looks amazing ! love that you rescued her.  thank you for that.

Finding the balance between work, fun, and musical tastes. Thursday night was Reagan Youth. Friday morning in a shirt and tie working in a client office, Friday night a house show with Austin Lucas and Adam Faucett. And today I'm cleaning the apartment listening to rockabilly radio. 

16 year old me would be so confused. 

4 hours ago, Devious6 said:

@oboogie Our Yellow Lab, Sunny, just turned a year old in May. She was also a challenge to potty train and has a stubborn streak. But you truly just have to love them when they give you that look and a snuggle.

Yeah, it doesn't take much. I can't be mad at her. When I took her to the vet last week, she weighed 15.5 pounds. This week? 20.5 pounds. Holy shit, she's growing so incredibly fast!

On 5/16/2016 at 6:59 PM, bongsau said:

Vic Ruggiero (from the Slackers NYC) played a solo show last nite in a living room in east Edmonton. It was super dope, we love Vic here. That's me on the left playing the red wurlitzer, the show turned into an amazing ska/rocksteady jam sesh with some cool cats (and close friends) from the Canadian ska scene.

13108923_182264865501551_1373263139_n.jpPretty awesome to get to play alongside one of your musical icons. Pretty jazzed. Life is full circle.

On 5/20/2016 at 0:55 AM, bongsau said:

@Gingerninja

My old reggae band opened for The Slackers in 2002. We were young and inspired, the Slackers gave us some good praise and feedback and told us to keep going, don't quit. Well we gave it a good run, played with them a few other times around the country and then moved on with life. Still a big Slackers fan, they played in Edmonton a few years ago we ended up having an after party at my house and Vic Ruggiero came to hang, he's a real down to earth cat. He remembered who I was from 10 years previous and I fanboy'd out that here is a musical icon of mine thumbing through my reggae and ska record collection and talking to me like I was an old bud. He crashed on my couch, we tucked him in and my dog and cat snuggled him to sleep, we almost carbon monoxide poisoned him from the fireplace lol. And then I'm cooking him breakfast in the morning, we're talking about our different everyday lives and music. We now keep in touch, I send him pics of my pug dog every couple of months to say what's up and have a laugh. Didn't think I was going to make this house show last weekend some acquaintances had set up. But after working the weekend on 4 hours of sleep I roll into the house party. Vic and all my buds all smile at me, invited me onto the red wurli and the rest is magic memories.

Vic and I played Mellow Mood by Bob Marley and then a bunch of the other musicians at the house show took turns jamming along and singing songs. Vic is one hell of singer/songwriter/musician and one of the most geniune human beings I've been blessed to meet.

Great story! Love Vic Ruggiero as well as the red wurlitzer! As it happens, I play keys in a ska/rocksteady/early reggae band, too. It's the most laid back a.k.a laziest band in the world though, so not much going on at the moment unfortunately...

@bongsau Ooohh, have you got cranes on your arm?? Would you mind posting a photo? Can't seem to find a pic showing your arms properly in your gallery, or maybe I'm too stupid using this new forum...anyway, I'd have quite a bit of catching up to do to become your tattoo twin, you're too far ahead I'm afraid ;-) 

But if you ever end up in London, let's get together for a keyboard duo reggae session! Keep on keepin' on

Thought I'd posted these the other morning - probably forgot to hit the submit button.

This is the time of the year that I love our place the most - affectionately referred to as Mighty Mortgage Manor. We spend a lot of time working on fences, the garden, Lynn's plot of fresh flowers, cutting grass...and even find some time to spend in our pool (we filled in an old one and built a new one last year). But, the mornings are so peaceful - sitting on the back porch with a cup of coffee is so tranquil. 

Here's my view from the back porch, looking over our small lake.

412549012.jpg

Sunrise from the front porch:

412549009.jpg

The pool from the back porch (still growing some grass to cover where they dug up the yard for the water and electrical lines):412549013.jpg

The front of the house:

412549010.jpg

And the back of the house:

412549011.jpg

All four seasons are wonderful here in the Northeast, but I just thrive in the Spring and Summer months.

Edited by Devious6

• 4 weeks later...

Went to CatConLA last weekend with my daughter!!! We had so much fun. Saw Horitomo, Molly, and Taki from State of Grace. We bought a ton of cat related stuff, two of my favorites being prints featuring David Bowie and Robert Smith w/cats! We bought @DJDeepFried a monmon cat baseball cap. I'm still wanting another monmon cat tattoo... someday...

IMG_5108.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

On 7/1/2016 at 11:06 PM, TrixieFaux said:

Went to CatConLA last weekend with my daughter!!! We had so much fun. Saw Horitomo, Molly, and Taki from State of Grace. We bought a ton of cat related stuff, two of my favorites being prints featuring David Bowie and Robert Smith w/cats! We bought @DJDeepFried a monmon cat baseball cap. I'm still wanting another monmon cat tattoo... someday...

I saw on your instagram! You two looked like you were having tonnes of fun! (I still want some of the monmon kitty gear!)

Just back from four weeks fabulous holiday with the family, first Chicago and then Canada. We enjoyed everything we did, but highlight was probably taking the little one (he's four now) canoe camping for three days in Algoquin park, Ontario. We were even lucky enough to see a moose feeding on water lilies! We watched her for about half an hour and were the only people on that lake during that time. Worth all the mosquito bites (even without seeing the moose), that's for sure. 

IMG_4627.JPG