Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I've been working in commercial construction for the last ten years, mainly in project administration. For the last seven years I've been really busting my balls to become a Project Manager. Which, in this economy/job market, has been an uphill battle. Last week I was finally offered the title - and the huge nut that accompanies it - but turned it down. I can't take the industry any longer. My wife and I are moving to my home town of San Diego and I'm going to barber college. I'm excited to take up a new trade that offers a little room for creativity.

@VCarter that's great!! Congratulations on making it through! (as an aside... having worked with both kids and geriatrics - it's always the family that makes things hard. With kids it's the parents, with old folks it's their kids)

@Androosh way to follow your dream! It would be hard to walk away from everything you've worked towards to go in a totally different way. So BRAVE of you!

@steve1461686340 can totally relate. we moved out of SF into the burbs but have a yard and garage. the best thing that ever happened to him.

After a hellish last two months of general crap, I'm finally having fun!

Started brewing beer

Moved into my new house (real garage and yard now! Fuck yea)

Buying another motorcycle soon (and workin on my 71 HD)

Plus getting tattooed AND I got the Philly convention coming up soon.

We just officially bought our first home today!!! I'm so excited! Now to redo the floors, paint and then move. I can't wait to get out of my shitty apartment and no longer have to listen to my gross neighbors humping!

this is great news! great timing to buy as well as interest rates are stellar!

well, we have been having a great time with my family. my boys are getting to be a really great age where they are funny, kind and really love each other. a real pleasure to be around....but I am sure i am jinxing myself and they are going to become little monsters again tomorrow.

Upcomming march I will leave everything behind for an unknown period of time and start living out of my backpack while hitchhiking europe. Started preparing today. Can't wait for the adventures ill have and all the people I'll meet! It's scary as fuck to do this but at the same time so exciting to be living my dream pretty soon! Just sharing my stokedness (is that a word? if not it is now)

Take care!

I won't bore y'all with all the gory details, there've been some things I've been super stressed about - a bunch of stuff that all seemed to be going the wrong way, but it all seems to be reversing now and going in my favor! Feeling such a huge sense of relief!

@ChrisvK That is SO AWESOME!! You'll have the time of your life!! Take a lot of pictures (and maybe even keep a journal).

Ofcourse I'll keep all of you posted! I'm bringing a camera and my laptop with me. Everytime i find a place with WiFi I'll update a blog (haven't created it yet but I will post the link here as soon as I got one) I't won't be a tattoo trip for 2 reasons. Reason 1: Money, I simply don't have much money and I will need it for food. Reason 2: Most of the times I'll be sleeping outdoors in my bivy in a forest or under a bridge to save me some money and that isn't really the ideal place to heal a fresh tattoo ;) Managed to light fire without a lighter or matches today so atleast I'll be able to keep myself warm!

Ofcourse I'll keep all of you posted! I'm bringing a camera and my laptop with me. Everytime i find a place with WiFi I'll update a blog (haven't created it yet but I will post the link here as soon as I got one) I't won't be a tattoo trip for 2 reasons. Reason 1: Money, I simply don't have much money and I will need it for food. Reason 2: Most of the times I'll be sleeping outdoors in my bivy in a forest or under a bridge to save me some money and that isn't really the ideal place to heal a fresh tattoo ;) Managed to light fire without a lighter or matches today so atleast I'll be able to keep myself warm!

This will probably be one of the greatest times of your life. I am so, completely, terribly envious of the experience you are going to have...

- - - Updated - - -

I can't get over what @ChrisvK is doing. I actually had a man tear in my eye, thinking about how amazing that would be. It makes me want to leave my life and just travel, and connect with people, and live an awesome story.

This will probably be one of the greatest times of your life. I am so, completely, terribly envious of the experience you are going to have...

- - - Updated - - -

I can't get over what @ChrisvK is doing. I actually had a man tear in my eye, thinking about how amazing that would be. It makes me want to leave my life and just travel, and connect with people, and live an awesome story.

Ahw thanks man! Yeah I'm doing exactly that for I don't know how long. I was getting depressed in the whole college>work>sleep>repeat thing so I gave it all the middlefinger. What I would do when I return? No clue. Where I get the money to have a roof above my head? I don't even care anymore. I'm gonna take all that i can fit in one backpack and just live life. It is scary as fuck to do so but I can't imagine doing anything else in this point of my life. Thanks for all the encouragement! it means allot to have some support since most people (family and friends) aren't supportive of this decision at all, they rather see me working 9-17:00 doing something I don't like doing so I can maintain a lifestyle that I don't want to live.

Ahw thanks man! Yeah I'm doing exactly that for I don't know how long. I was getting depressed in the whole college>work>sleep>repeat thing so I gave it all the middlefinger. What I would do when I return? No clue. Where I get the money to have a roof above my head? I don't even care anymore. I'm gonna take all that i can fit in one backpack and just live life. It is scary as fuck to do so but I can't imagine doing anything else in this point of my life. Thanks for all the encouragement! it means allot to have some support since most people (family and friends) aren't supportive of this decision at all, they rather see me working 9-17:00 doing something I don't like doing so I can maintain a lifestyle that I don't want to live.

Well, the nine to five does pay for tattoos. Seriously though, you have the rest of your life for that so you should take the opportunities to travel and explore and go on adventures and shit and enjoy it. Good luck and keep us posted.

I'm not taking anywhere near as big or exciting a plunge as @ChrisvK, but I decided I was sick of making excuses and working a 9 to 5 I don't love, and I'm packing up my things and moving all the way across the country to try and make an honest go at things with my music in a new city with a new scene. It's a smaller leap of faith, for sure, but it feels like a leap of faith nonetheless and I couldn't be more excited about it!

I'm not taking anywhere near as big or exciting a plunge as @ChrisvK, but I decided I was sick of making excuses and working a 9 to 5 I don't love, and I'm packing up my things and moving all the way across the country to try and make an honest go at things with my music in a new city with a new scene. It's a smaller leap of faith, for sure, but it feels like a leap of faith nonetheless and I couldn't be more excited about it!

Awesome man! go for it! keep us posted how it works out for you. Love it when people follow their dreams

Good for you. Just finally getting around to listening to your music now. Sounds really good.

I accepted a job offer today. I'm waiting on paperwork and what not before I hand in my notice but it looks like I'll be in a new job soon. The job isn't for a place that I'm super excited about, but it's a much easier workload than I have now for slightly more money and it means that I'm not going to have any shiftwork. For the past couple of years I've been working about five months a year on nights and pretty crappy hours otherwise and I'm pretty much completely burned out and hopefully changing jobs is going to help me to decide whether or not I'm in a career that I want to stick with (which would mean finding financing to start my own business in the next year or two) or whether I need to find something else entirely. Work things aside, I feel that working normal people hours is probably going to be great for my marriage and it's also going to give me a chance to pursue other interests like playing music with other people, which is pretty much impossible with shiftwork. So yeah, I don't feel super excited about it, but when I think about it, it's pretty awesome.