Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Hopefully get to take a basic sign language course. just one hour/week for 6 weeks but if it goes well she'll add another 6 weeks. We have a hearing impaired student starting at preschool and our lead teacher is the only one who knows sign, so the other three of us in the room are going to learn as well. I will have to learn more as they're going to make me his one on one, so I will need to work more closely with him. Just kinda fun...sign is something I've wanted to learn since middle school and living clear out in the boonies we're kinda limited other than trying to teach yourself from a book or youtube.

Hopefully get to take a basic sign language course. just one hour/week for 6 weeks but if it goes well she'll add another 6 weeks. We have a hearing impaired student starting at preschool and our lead teacher is the only one who knows sign, so the other three of us in the room are going to learn as well. I will have to learn more as they're going to make me his one on one, so I will need to work more closely with him. Just kinda fun...sign is something I've wanted to learn since middle school and living clear out in the boonies we're kinda limited other than trying to teach yourself from a book or youtube.

My experience with sign language is you learn a lot as you use it in real life situations. But I guess thats true for any language. It also helps that most signs are fairly obvious.

Wow, awesome and crap both for me. Awesome was a little over 100 mile ride Friday back to my home town over very nice backroads, visit with cousins, then return via different backroads (on my motorcycle, of course). Crap was Saturday moving a very dear friend from her townhouse to assisted living, and then receiving a call that a brother I have known since '93 in India had passed away. He is the same age as me, but was diabetic and had full-on kidney failure (on dialysis for about 10 years). Died during dialysis of massive coronary. He and his brother-in-law are very dear to me. I have stayed in their homes and they in mine. I am sure he will have garlands of flowers for me when I get where he is, just like when we arrive in Madras.

a neighbor behind my house got evicted and then the property owner got foreclosed on,and the asshole renter abandoned their dog in the back yard,we had been trying to give it food & water,

I called the county animal control,and they came out and rescued the dog within 4 hours of me calling !

awesome service from them,the dog is better now and should be up for adoption soon.

I live in a comune house and right now anther guy in the house is out travelling for two months so I let an old friend move into his tiny room. Also a girl in the house decided to share her big room with one of her friends who where looking for a place to stay for some time. So now we are six people, four women & two men, in a two-storey family house and I'm loving it. Can't understand why anyone would want to live alone.

Just had my motorcycle down with the mechanic the last two days, ready to pick up in 2 hours.

Upgraded the cams to some 57 Andrews and back on the Dyno. Interesting to see the numbers, but even better, I'll be riding the mountains with my bestest, oldest brother today, then a heap of us hanging out at the local pizza joint tonight drinking beers and planning our run for Saturday.

Life's fuckin sweet these days, and appreciated

"Booze, Blues & Tattoos"

If you follow me on instagram (@shaunsomers) you already are aware of this, but my wife and I just got back from a trip to Iceland that we took for our 15th anniversary. We did a horse riding tour that was extremely stretching for me as I basically only learned how to ride in September, and I had never been on an Icelandic horse before (they're different in that they have 2 extra gaits). Breathtaking scenery, met great people, and experienced only a few moments of sheer terror while on horseback.