Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Took 6 one hour sign language classes, had a blast. She planned on having a follow up class tonight to rehash things, ask questions etc, and I had to take a muscle relaxer for a headache and felt too "drunk" to go. it's fun tho, I wish I had more need to use it throughout the day so I could get better/faster at it.

My husband is probably going to be the new drug dog handler for the police department, so that's kind of exciting for him. He started a business this past summer and it is doing pretty well for being new.

I turned 40 last week. Got a super blonde almost-pixie cut and new funky glasses to celebrate.

My 30th birthday was on Friday. My wife took me out to dinner Saturday night and said we were gonna meet her brother for drinks.

When we showed up to the bar she had a surprise party waiting for me.

She said she was going out to have a smoke and when she came back in someone tapped me on the shoulder, my best friend flew in from out of state to show up.

It was like a surprise inception.

• 2 weeks later...

One more awesome thing.

Went to Vegas for work and was was able to meet up with Jacqueline Carrizosa and shoot some machine guns too.

It was her day off but she came up to the range anyway just to I could say hi and shoot some guns with her.

10403088_669653823145273_484504081233363358_n.jpg?oh=e61ba68c134a75602a29e45011ab1bf5&oe=55060E77

If you're not sure who she is, she's a hot, tatted, motocross, gun chick. And all around awesome person.

Jacqueline-Carrizosa.jpg

50022cbd34b72.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know its been a few quiet months on here for me so I think the awesome things thread is the perfect spot for update. its been a big year, since Feb I have:

- Moved to the United States (Minneapolis to be exact)

- Got married (my wife is American)

- Bought a house (or at least signed up for some loan repayments for the next 30 years, hard to think of it as ours till its all paid, at least in my mind)

- Met a bunch of interesting Americans

- Caught my first Musky, only 36" but i am by no stretch of the imagination a fishing type guy, luckily my brother in law is!

- Experienced true cold (and its only gonna get worse for the next few months!)

- Had my first Thanksgiving with the in-laws (3.5 out of 5 stars, its like pregame christmas without presents)

- Seriously considered a classic american truck for the garage...

-Theres been a few tattoos in there, cant remember when i stopped updating but i feel it was around july, I'll try and post pics of what ive had since then in the latest lowdown thread

Good to see the forum is still going strong, have enjoyed catching up over the last week on some of the in depth 'motivations' threads and renewing the search for Mike Roper.... I do have an uncle in law now who lives in tempe.... maybe a visit is in order!

I know its been a few quiet months on here for me so I think the awesome things thread is the perfect spot for update. its been a big year, since .... I do have an uncle in law now who lives in tempe.... maybe a visit is in order!

Welcome to the USA!

That IS cold country!

You'll love the classic big truck (as long as gasoline prices stay low).

Yes, the time of year is GREAT for a Southern visit!

You live in an area that I have experienced the nicest people from.

Yes! Pictures of other awesomeness! Edit-just saw them in the Latest tattoo lowdown thread - even more for your awesome year.

Thru the ether from my LP2

You are all doing awesome things!

I teach a wildlife ID class to youth on Saturdays January - July. I'm getting my ducks in a row for this year's team. We took a team to International last summer, and I think we'll take another this year, but I have a vacation blackout at work the week of the competition.

My husband is shooting IDPA this year, so between him and my class, I'll be at the range a lot! I think I'm going to have to pick up a shooting sport of some sort, because I can't imagine plinking away all of that time.

We're taking a family vacation to the Black Hills this summer.

This is the first year since my son graduated, so I haven't quite adjusted to not having 'school nights' around the house yet :)

• 3 weeks later...
Gorgeous video, @Dennis. Newfoundland (and the east coast in general) is my absolute favourite place to travel to. Such breath taking beauty.

Thanks! I try to head out there every year, though traveling that way is pricey! The food, people, scenery, atmosphere is so unique. I plan on moving out that way when I'm all said and done with school! Where in Ontario are you located?

Thanks! I try to head out there every year, though traveling that way is pricey! The food, people, scenery, atmosphere is so unique. I plan on moving out that way when I'm all said and done with school! Where in Ontario are you located?

I try to get out there every 3 years or so. Heading there later this year, hopefully Sept or October. I live in Waterloo region. :)

Just figured out what this spring is going to be like, travel-wise. In somewhat chronological order, four trips

1. 9 days: Istanbul with my girlfriend.

2. 3-4 weeks: Copenhagen and Bruxelles to visit one some of my best friends who just moved -> Toulouse for a tattoo -> Barcelona for a tattoo (->Paris/Amsterdam?) -> London and or Cornwall -> Edinburgh for the tattoo convention and finish my backpiece with Rudy and Iain

3. 1 week: Very north of Sweden, with my parents and brother (and maybe two dear friends), to visit relatives and do wild life shit

4. 3-4 weeks: Berlin to visit friends -> Krakow -> Lviv to visit old study buddy -> Kiev for my cousins wedding -> St. Petersburg to visit a new friend (-> Moscow?)

Actually, I haven't done this recently.. what I did do was to make a decision to work less and enjoy life a bit in the near future. Bye bye all my hard earn cash. Bring on the fun times, adventures and inspiration!

I went on a cruise alone the week of Christmas. I ate like shit most of the trip but I managed to go to the gym 3 times on the ship. Had a blast on the Quantum of the Seas (Royal Caribbean)

Came back and been hitting the gym really hard and watching what I eat. Not a new years resolution just trying to add to my massive weight loss. I'm feeling great the last week!!!

Whoa! Huge congrats, @ShawnPorter. Gorgeous photo. Thank you for sharing it.

I was just thinking about your story of the visiting Japanese co-worker who grabbed your arm to look at your tattoos, only to be (rightfully) shamed by you. Then you learned that he had a full suit! I miss your contributions around here.

Whoa! Huge congrats, @ShawnPorter. Gorgeous photo. Thank you for sharing it.

I was just thinking about your story of the visiting Japanese co-worker who grabbed your arm to look at your tattoos, only to be (rightfully) shamed by you. Then you learned that he had a full suit! I miss your contributions around here.

I miss that dude. He only drank Diet Pepsi with Lime. Like only. Never saw him drink anything else. Thats living.

And thanks. It was FREEZING that day and we had my Wife wrapped up in a mink stole and when we'd get ready to take a picture... whip it off, take the picture and then put it back on!

I'll try to contribute more. I miss making fun of Ladyface.