Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Participated in the Chinese New Year celebrations this past weekend in Edmonton.

My buddy and I did a quick feature and demo on the local breakfast news TV broadcast.

And then our school did a demo at the big ol West Edmonton Mall.

Here are some action shots, En joy! Gung hay fat choy

Our Shaolin kung fu demo team

10958524_1023680920979822_1432660698_n.jpg

Here's an action shot of me doing a flying jump kick and shooting out a chain whip:

10948685_785476408197770_846853613_n.jpg

The pride of our school, the kung fu DRAGON !

10948837_1413733132258736_1083974070_n.jpg

with a sneak peak of my backpiece progress

thanks for looking, hope the lunar new year is good and full of colour for all the tattooed pals out there :cool:

I don't have any pictures right now so I won't clog up the lowdown thread, but on Friday the lady and I drove down to Denver and got ourselves a couple walk ins at Lifetime. We've been to each others appointments before but never got tattooed together, so this was really fun.

I got a rad little scorpion from Jason, and she got a crawling panther from Matt because she's way tougher than me.

Pics next week sometime when we aren't so scabby

When I'm not getting tattooed, I work as a brewer, currently for a chain of brewpubs. Right now, the company is having a brewing competition between the brewers in all the restaurants worldwide where we had to create, brew, and market our own beers to be sold in our individual restaurants. When I got into brewing professionally nearly eight years ago I wanted to gain a little bit of experience and eventually get into writing beer recipes, but it turns out that outside of small brewpubs with very little brewer turnover, the reality of commercial brewing is that you're brewing the same recipes over and over and over (which is a challenge in its own right because you want to same results every single time even though you're working with raw materials that can vary pretty greatly). So it's been a really cool opportunity and challenge to be able to think up a beer, write a recipe for it, brew it, and then serve it to people. Though that last part is a little bit stressful, especially when your peers are drinking it. I'm really happy with what I brewed though. I brewed a Belgian-inspired brown ale--it isn't brewed to any particular style, but I used a Belgian yeast and Belgian malts so I'm calling in Belgian--with a low bitterness that is balanced out with sour cherries. It turned out really well: it has a nice fruity character without being sweet; it's complex without sacrificing drinkability.

Anyway, as this is a competition, I'm also asking for your help and support here. The first round of the competition is decided by public vote and then the finalists then go to France to have their beers evaluated by a panel of judges. The winner then gets to go to the Great American Beer Festival which is being held in Denver, CO (if I win, hello Lifetime Tattoo!). While I would love for all of you to come to Montreal and taste my beer, you don't actually have to try it to vote for me, so if you are so inclined you can vote up to once per day until the end of the contest via this link:

http://maitrebrasseur.les3brasseurs.com

My beer is called The Belgian Cherry. I am the worst at coming up with names. There is a hilarious picture of me in there though, if you need an incentive.

Reposting my honey's post because this contest ends at 6pm EST tomorrow (Sunday)!! Please, please, please think about giving him one last vote at the link above. He is a talented brewer, made an excellent beer (I am totally unbiased!) and deserves the opportunity to go compete in France against his peers! The race is super close and so every vote counts!

Reposting my honey's post because this contest ends at 6pm EST tomorrow (Sunday)!! Please, please, please think about giving him one last vote at the link above. He is a talented brewer, made an excellent beer (I am totally unbiased!) and deserves the opportunity to go compete in France against his peers! The race is super close and so every vote counts!

Voted!

When I'm not getting tattooed, I work as a brewer, currently for a chain of brewpubs. Right now, the company is having a brewing competition between the brewers in all the restaurants worldwide where we had to create, brew, and market our own beers to be sold in our individual restaurants. When I got into brewing professionally nearly eight years ago I wanted to gain a little bit of experience and eventually get into writing beer recipes, but it turns out that outside of small brewpubs with very little brewer turnover, the reality of commercial brewing is that you're brewing the same recipes over and over and over (which is a challenge in its own right because you want to same results every single time even though you're working with raw materials that can vary pretty greatly). So it's been a really cool opportunity and challenge to be able to think up a beer, write a recipe for it, brew it, and then serve it to people. Though that last part is a little bit stressful, especially when your peers are drinking it. I'm really happy with what I brewed though. I brewed a Belgian-inspired brown ale--it isn't brewed to any particular style, but I used a Belgian yeast and Belgian malts so I'm calling in Belgian--with a low bitterness that is balanced out with sour cherries. It turned out really well: it has a nice fruity character without being sweet; it's complex without sacrificing drinkability.

Anyway, as this is a competition, I'm also asking for your help and support here. The first round of the competition is decided by public vote and then the finalists then go to France to have their beers evaluated by a panel of judges. The winner then gets to go to the Great American Beer Festival which is being held in Denver, CO (if I win, hello Lifetime Tattoo!). While I would love for all of you to come to Montreal and taste my beer, you don't actually have to try it to vote for me, so if you are so inclined you can vote up to once per day until the end of the contest via this link:

http://maitrebrasseur.les3brasseurs.com

My beer is called The Belgian Cherry. I am the worst at coming up with names. There is a hilarious picture of me in there though, if you need an incentive.

Soooo . . . am I missing the post regarding the outcome?

On the countdown for Dropkick in Boston (again) but the best part is that I'm going to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day to see them twice that day. Bonus is that Chuck Ragan is opening his tour the next night in Dublin. Score!

Oh, if anyone happens to have an extra Cocksparrer ticket for the NYC show, let me know.

Booked all the tickets for my next trip yesterday.

Flying to Barcelona since it was cheap, taking the bus the next evening to Toulouse to get tattooed by Guy Le Tatooer, meet up with two friends and have a good time.

Two days later I take a long bus ride up to London where I spend one day before finally getting on the last bus that will take me to Edinburgh. On the sunday my backpiece gets finished by Iain and Rudy and on the monday I fly back to Stockholm.

I get to hang out with my girlfriend for a few hours before getting on the night train to spend easter with family and relatives in the very north of sweden (above the polar circle). When I get back to civilized parts of Europe again I am moving in with my girlfriend, in her apartment in the city center. Spring looks like happy times.

Edit: actually this was not something awesome that I did. I did however plan and book the trip and me and the girl did decide that we want to live together. That's pretty awesome.

image.jpg

I had a cats and dogs class today :)

Interesting! Is it for a college class? My husband traps, and we make and sell our own snares. It's not every day I see fur bearer pictures on forums so I'm curious!

I got a new car. It looks like Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon and I love that. Doing a second 6 class session of sign language classes that will start the end of this month.

My husband is FINALLY going to take me on vacation next year during spring break so that's exciting...buuuut this means I need to get my ass back in shape...which is less exciting.