Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

My friend, Jay Ryan, does some screen printing workshops at his studio in Chicago (the bird machine) and my wife and i went up last year for a weekend visit. We were lucky enough to get to do it on the same weekend when he had a show opening at Rotofugi of his paintings. Also, Aaron Horkey was Jay's special guest at the workshop and the print we made was a collab between the two of them. It was very awesome to be able to learn the screen printing process, watch Jay and Aaron cut rubylith, and take turns with 8 other workshop students manually pulling the screens and working a semi-automatic press. The print is titled, "Ouroburos".

I have a 2 year old high energy german shepherd and while I'm no dog trainer (not even close), I've been teaching her some fun things to keep life interesting in -25 weather. Also to help relieve my guilt over long work weeks, ha. We hike daily in the middle of nowhere. All my previous dogs have been rottweilers, so all new fun over here.

We've been working on scent detection, hiding something the day before and retrieving it the next day on our hike, tracking followed by sit-stay, and random fun. All our hikes are mostly off leash, so obviously before we ventured to the harder stuff we had her basic off leash commands down (come, sit, heel, watch, stay, leave it, etc). Totally neat to see her react to scent and tracking in various temperatures and weather conditions. It's all I mostly post on IG, so apologies to anyone who started following me expecting tattoo related stuff.

My lunatic.

o5qRF1M.jpg?1

naKMoYA.jpg?1

so today on Kauai we participated in the dog field trip program with the Kauai Humane Society today,they let you take a dog out for the day with an "adopt me" vest on and they supply leash/water/water bowl/treats/potty bags and we took her on a hike and to the beach all day today,her name is Jillian,what a cutie. we had a totally great day with her. It gives the dog a chance to get out of the kennel for the day and it exposes them to more potential adopters.

Shelter Dogs on Field Trips | Kauai Humane Society

dog1.jpg

dog2.jpg

dog3.jpg