Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

8 months ago I took on a new position at work on a contract basis. Totally different from what I've been doing for the previous 16 years, but a great challenge and I really liked it. 3 weeks ago the position became available permanently. I applied, interviewed, and last week I found out I got it. I'm excited because the schedule fits my family better (no more shift work), and it does come with a modest raise (for more work). The best part has actually been the feedback from my co-workers, who have been telling me how much they appreciate me in the position and how well they think I've been doing.

Now I just have to keep it up!

• 4 weeks later...

Just over 10 years ago I made friends with this guy from Australia. We met in the emo (lol) chatroom on Soulseek. He moved to Toronto March 9th (a decision that had nothing to do with me) and we met up for the first time the weekend after that. As of April 4th we've been in a relationship. I've never been happier and more sure of anything in my life. Life truly is amazing at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday Hubby and I pulled out the camper for a good cleaning for the season. We meet friends next friday at the hot springs. YAY, I love me some camping...And while drinking my coffee this morning 3 Piebald white tails passed in front of our property. Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Last season we had a 6 point pure white buck show up too.

Living in the country is always awesome!

Well, some of you pals already know, but it's relevant, so I'll tell you all.

I put in my resignation at my day job so that I could be at the tattoo shop more often. It's a big scary step, but you gotta start somewhere.

Also, I quit drinking after being a lush for the last 10 years.

Onwards and upwards folks.

Well, some of you pals already know, but it's relevant, so I'll tell you all.

I put in my resignation at my day job so that I could be at the tattoo shop more often. It's a big scary step, but you gotta start somewhere.

Also, I quit drinking after being a lush for the last 10 years.

Onwards and upwards folks.

Best of luck with both challenges!

We started up sign language classes again, on the 4th of 8 sessions this time, and we did 6 last time. Getting better and better w/the short sentences I have to sign at work w/my little guy. I sign to my kids and husband too...husband isn't impressed. But whatever, I'm impressed w/myself so who cares.

That's awesome. Both of my parents are deaf and sign language is naturally my second language. You're welcome to holler if you have any questions or want to share thoughts.

That's awesome. Both of my parents are deaf and sign language is naturally my second language. You're welcome to holler if you have any questions or want to share thoughts.

Is it true that there are different signlanguages? For instant; someone from France may have a different sign language than someone from Australia?

This is true. It's interesting to watch because there are many similarities, but it's also difficult to understand. I'm even behind on ASL, from learning in America so long ago.

I just cant even understand why? :D. This was the chance to make one universal language and they F*** it up.

@CultExciter

Super good plans, both of them! Wish you all the luck man!

My stuff:

- Moved in with my girlfriend three weeks ago. Beautiful roomy apartment in the city. First time in my life that I don't live in the suburbs. Even though I really loved living with my four friends in the commune house this feels very exciting and like a new stage to live life from.

- Moved out of the commune house but still rent a corner in there as a workshop/painting space. Just painted the walls and started arranging it. It's going to be awesome to have a space like that to really focus.

- Started a eight week meditation course two weeks ago. Exciting and interesting so far. Don't think I ever sat down for any extent of time and tried to "clear my head" before. After 27 years of constant input/output, except for sleep, it's fascinating and also very hard.

- Got back to spending more time and effort in the kitchen again. In love with cooking vegan food, so much to learn and try out!

- Somehow got over my strong fear of interpersonal conflicts. Or, at least I can act the way I want and not choke up or suppress my opinions. It feels really good to be able to be honest with my feelings and opinions, instead of "being easy going" in fear of creating a heated argument. Conflicts are just obstacles to get beyond, it's not dangerous.

We started up sign language classes again, on the 4th of 8 sessions this time, and we did 6 last time. Getting better and better w/the short sentences I have to sign at work w/my little guy. I sign to my kids and husband too...husband isn't impressed. But whatever, I'm impressed w/myself so who cares.

That would be great, thanks! We were supposed to be getting an actual interpreter for him next year and now the person has changed her mind. It was asked to me today if I would consider taking some immersion classes at the School for the Deaf in Council Bluffs this summer if there are any available and I said of course! I don't know if it will pan out, if the school district will pay for it or not-we can't afford to do it ourselves I'm guessing, tho I don't know how much the classes would cost, the school is 2.5 hours away so I'd have to stay there someplace for however long, not drive every morning and night.

Our homework for tonight's class was to sign a recipe. I made scrambled eggs. Next weeks is to sign a children's song so we're doing Five Little Ducks. I try to sign along to songs on the radio and I'm pretty sure people driving by think I'm having a stroke or a seizure.

We found out last week that depending even on the state you're in, there are regional differences for sign as well. Our instructor said she was in another state for a conference and was asked where she was from and she signed....something, I forget what, I think just IA for Iowa and the lady signed that where they are from, they would spell Iowa but they do it in a certain way, like I then move to the right a little, O, then down, W, down again, A. But of course crazy insane fast and fluid and beautifully. She said no matter where you go, the deaf person is always right, so that was good to learn!

And I totally agree, it would've made for a great universal language.

hahahaha oops I totally didn't click the wrong button so I just thanked myself. I meant to thank you! @GlaryMilberg

@CultExciter, it's a Big Move spring! Been up in Portland Maine working for the last three weeks while the wife wraps up things in NYC and we do the big move Thursday-Friday. Walked away from a great job (and job offer..) and tons of great people -- but also walked away from a city we're simply not willing to simply survive in anymore for more reasons I care to list. Don't know if it's the right move, but I was giggling by myself in the car when I shot outta there three weeks ago.. Had an unbelievable send-off on my last shift. Doing my best to look ahead!