Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

It's not so bad! I can't really drink anymore at all. Never really liked hard liquor anyway, so it wasn't hard to give up, but getting older sucks. Alcohol makes my heart pound these days. Gross.

I guess I should contribute something thread-relevant. Been doing tarot readings for friends for funsies. Haven't done this in years. (I'm not really into any of the mystical stuff that goes along with it, I just think it's a really neat tool for introspection, and the my deck is pretty, so I want to touch it. Haha.) If I can get through the queue I have, I should offer to do some for people here. Practice is always nice.

It's not so bad! I can't really drink anymore at all. Never really liked hard liquor anyway, so it wasn't hard to give up, but getting older sucks. Alcohol makes my heart pound these days. Gross.

I guess I should contribute something thread-relevant. Been doing tarot readings for friends for funsies. Haven't done this in years. (I'm not really into any of the mystical stuff that goes along with it, I just think it's a really neat tool for introspection, and the my deck is pretty, so I want to touch it. Haha.) If I can get through the queue I have, I should offer to do some for people here. Practice is always nice.

-raises hand- ooh me please! Haven't had a reading in years and I could totally use some direction right now. That's awesome that you're working with the deck, always something I've been interested in but never taken to.

As for a general response to the thread, I got another lizard a few weeks ago, a gravid female. She laid 3 eggs!! Two of em last night. Usually they come in pairs but she had 3! I think she's still cranky that I took them away.

@beez Aahh they're not Bug's children, it's the other lizard Bumblebee :) But the eggs have to incubate for 3 months before they hatch and I gave them to the vivarium for incubation. If you want one, I'll see if they can sell it and ship it to you!! The hatchling, not the egg haha

@beez Aahh they're not Bug's children, it's the other lizard Bumblebee :) But the eggs have to incubate for 3 months before they hatch and I gave them to the vivarium for incubation. If you want one, I'll see if they can sell it and ship it to you!! The hatchling, not the egg haha

I'm into it!! Let me know what they say and what you need from me. Thanks homie!

Started a new job a month and a half ago - I really like it, and am a little freaked out by how quiet it is compared to my other job in terms of output volume. I am not complaining, believe me, I needed this change.

Had a mother/daughter day with my mom yesterday, was so very nice. We had lunch, went shopping, walked around, took a pedicab (quite the hilarious, if scary, experience) and enjoyed each others company. I love what time has done with our relationship.

And... I started taijiquan classes a few weeks ago, wow do I love it. I'm never going to learn it all do do the form (Yang style, 112 long-form?) but that's okay. I really dig the martial arts aspect of it vs the typical overemphasis of the beauty of the form/movement.

And! I have a tattoo consult next week for my once-a-year tattoo because I can't afford to go more often with all of these other interests diverting my money elsewhere. ;)

I did not get the job on St. Kitts, but that is likely for the best. Interviewing for a gig in Chicago that would be a much better fit.

Going to see a live performance of Welcome to Nightvale on Saturday.

Going to see Marina and the Diamonds a few weeks from now. Ah, the joy of having a teenage daughter. I did not go see The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion but I am going to Marina and it will be fun. She has given me an appreciation for pop music that I did not know could exist.

Everybody's doing awesome stuff! Congrats to all you guys.

I was just trucking along until a week ago. My job is basically a floater style position, but I heard a spot may open up at one of my favorite sites to work and that they had plans to put me in. It also pays way better than what I make currently, so that's a plus! My girlfriend also found a little guy in need of a new home, so last weekend we went out to meet him - a ten month old english bulldog/pitbull. As soon as he saw us he came wiggling up to give us some of those bulldog specialty kisses, and we knew he was coming home. Was rough with the established home dog until we started picking up toys and treats to avoid fights, but so far things have been better each day! On top of that, another appointment of calf sleeve work on Saturday with Nathan at Exile 2! Hopefully we will finish it out, but no guarantees. We still have about a quarter to shade and then all of the color to do. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

WTG Knucklehwad211! Bullies are the great, my little OE Bulldog turns 1 next week. Aren't the but wiggles just the best?

Well, little punk rock girl who never participated in PE or any sport EVER besides beating up bullies and smoking under the bleachers was asked to join a soft ball league. :o Oh and am I terrible at it, but it sure is fun. I'm just glad they dont take it too seriously. You can't play if your not drinking.

Funny, but I also JUST recieved an amazing job offer since I started my sleeve/1st ever tattoo. It's a very VERY conservative origination and they have seen my arm (don't care if i cover it) and still want me. LOL, I thought people with showing tattoos ruined their chances at having careers forever. :p Best part, Im not looking for a job. They came to me.

Just landed a "normal" position at my work!

I've never had a stable job in my life (except for a 5 week career as a co-chef last year). For the past three years I've had the type of contract where I'd work anywhere from 0 - 150% of full time, depending on how much staff is needed and how much they would call me. After summer I'll finally have a fixed schedule for 67%, about 100 hours a month. So very, very nice to be able to plan my life the way I want it (around my working hours) instead of being at their mercy and let sudden phone calls reschedule whatever else is at hand. I had a meeting with my boss about two hours ago and now it's begining to sink in how this will change my day to day life.

(Bonus: most probably I'll be able to switch up to a full time position and a better schedule too, in october)

WTG Knucklehwad211! Bullies are the great, my little OE Bulldog turns 1 next week. Aren't the but wiggles just the best?

Well, little punk rock girl who never participated in PE or any sport EVER besides beating up bullies and smoking under the bleachers was asked to join a soft ball league. :o Oh and am I terrible at it, but it sure is fun. I'm just glad they dont take it too seriously. You can't play if your not drinking.

Funny, but I also JUST recieved an amazing job offer since I started my sleeve/1st ever tattoo. It's a very VERY conservative origination and they have seen my arm (don't care if i cover it) and still want me. LOL, I thought people with showing tattoos ruined their chances at having careers forever. :p Best part, Im not looking for a job. They came to me.

UGH! Re-read post...Hangs head low, mumbles fucking drunk stoners should not be posting. Quietly backs out the door.

Mmmm so not really something we're doing this second, but it's set for this next month or so. We're hugely into landscaping, and always working/refining our yard. We were talking about taking out a small bed that we put inside our patio. I mentioned I would be find making a smaller one b/c it's kinda neat/unexpected inside the patio. We're hashing out ideas, placements etc, and my husband says "Well...maybe you want to make this your Star Trek bed." I stare at him and raise my eyebrows. He says "Didn't you say a couple years ago that you wanted to do that, you with your weirdness?" (he soooo isn't into ST) So I say "welllllll....but if I'm going to do that...I kinda feel it should be in the shape of the communicator..." He doesn't know what that is. I google it for him. "yeah, I can make that work" hahahaha YEAH!

While I was going thru and writing down names of Star Trek related hosta plants, I casually mention..."did you know there are Stephen King, Dark Tower, Stand by Me, Dreamcatcher, and The Shining hostas?" JD glances over at me and says "well you know *that* bed is happening" hahahahaha yay!