Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

It was a blast, but we didn't get all the shots I wanted because there was a double booking. I will go back to get the traditional 3-panel back piece shot for my tattoo artist in a couple weeks when these pics are ready to view. Also got a very nice head shot out of the deal.

I probably won't post much here, but I'll DM folks when I get some shots back to share.

I have been messing around with Adobe After Effects for funsies. Never touched it until a week and a half ago, but I dig it. It's just similar enough to photoshop that I'm not completely in the dark with the UI, and Video Copilot has some amazing tutorials available.

I made this by following one of them. It has EXPLOSIONS.

I have been messing around with Adobe After Effects for funsies. Never touched it until a week and a half ago, but I dig it. It's just similar enough to photoshop that I'm not completely in the dark with the UI, and Video Copilot has some amazing tutorials available.

I made this by following one of them. It has EXPLOSIONS.

Tells me it is a Private video.

I got a laser peel on my face today-hoping this will put me on a path toward a prettier face. For now it looks like a tomato and feels like I'm burnt to a crisp.

I started Taekwondo last night and broke my first board! I know the boards are set up for easier breakage but still it was fun. I think it will be a good work out, and it's a super family friendly group. (both my kids are in it-my daughter just got her brown belt and my son is a blue belt) I have a video of my board break and it's pretty funny-it makes me laugh anyway. If I can figure out how to do it I might put it on here. Plus, you can see my tattoos from afar. I told the kids I would start after school got out--2 months ago. I've been putting it off for a year b/c I was scared to do it. So, another fear faced.

My coworker called me late last night and asked me to please come over-they have a 2 week old baby and he had been screaming for hours. Aunt Missi (no I'm not really his aunt but I'll never be one so he gets to be my pretend nephew) got him soothed and sleeping and he slept til 6:30am. That's a nice feeling.

On design stage for creating a website for me, will be hard-coding it. Will be fun, but this is the stage I find a chore <sighs> But has to be done. Also in design stage for a Japanese/Zen inspired indoor garden for my work area in my office in day job. And working on a few secret craft projects. Busy, busy but it's all good.

• 2 weeks later...
congrats! that's insane to think about! i graduated from college 11yrs ago and i'm on my 6th company. did they give you any cool company paraphernalia?

thanks very much !

they gave me a day off paid on that day and 3 gift cards,that's it. :)

With my previous employer, I got a Currier and Ives print with the company logo on the frame. My vacation bumped up a week then, too (to a total of 5 weeks per year!). Trouble was, the next year our budget (US DOE contractor) ran dry and with 21.5 years I had to leave for another company. Been with that one for over fifteen years now, plan to retire in two more. I don't expect anything but a bu-bye from this company. They won't even let me keep my cell phone number.