Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

^ I just had my two year anniversary with my job a couple months ago and I got a water bottle with the company's name on it lol.

Me and my boyfriend are getting our own apartment, we previously had a roommate. It's so much better than our current place. We have a little patio, space to plant a garden, so much more storage space, it's a single story building so only one neighbor and no stairs, and in a much nicer location that's conveniently located near Lancaster and Harrisburg (aka: two of the only civilized places in central Pennsylvania). So we're very excited...and very exhausted from slowly moving (again, see "shitty things" thread for more details). :)

I'm getting married May 21st next year (and you bet my dress will be showing off my back piece!). I'm also moving into an amazing apartment in The Beach area of Toronto come September 1st.

Just over 10 years ago I made friends with this guy from Australia. We met in the emo (lol) chatroom on Soulseek. He moved to Toronto March 9th (a decision that had nothing to do with me) and we met up for the first time the weekend after that. As of April 4th we've been in a relationship. I've never been happier and more sure of anything in my life. Life truly is amazing at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got ordained to perform my cousin's wedding--Saturday. I'm nervous, having a big ole long thing to read in front of a bunch of people...but luckily they're crazy like me so I think it will work out ok. My cousin is way younger than me-her mom (my 1st cousin-I'm not sure how it works as you go farther down in the family, if her daughter would be then, my 2nd cousin?) is two years older than I, but I'm not close w/her mom. We got closer b/c her fiance's son is my one on one at preschool, the deaf boy that I've been working on sign language for. Tonight he called me "Fifi" when trying to say my name, so we're getting closer to Missi!

And, I am testing for my yellow belt in TaeKwonDo next Saturday!!

Finally got a jacket that I have been searching for ages. Going to do a counted cross stitch design to sew onto the back of it and sew complimentary fabric onto it. Not sure if will cover all of it or not. Will pin fabric to it when that time comes and decide then. I sew by hand, so it's a long term project.

Also recently started writing chapter 2 of my novel in draft 2 stage. Slow progress, but it's coming along well.

We're getting settled into our new place and I'm loving buying accessories and houseplants/outdoor plants. I've never really done much gardening before and never had much interest in it, but now that I have my own yard and garden, I'm really getting into it. My mom ordered a whole bunch of flower bulbs that are on their way in the mail and she's going to split half of them with me. My boyfriend's been joking that I'm finally becoming a woman. :rolleyes:

Well, I finally quit my job of 9 1/2 years. Some may say that is stupid but the stress level was taking a toll on me. The last year was hell and not getting a raise in 4 years was eating away at me. Still living with my grandparents who have raised me, I have to take care of them. But when i'd get home, I wouldn't "de-stress" and would still be in a shitty mood, which isn't fair or nice to them.

I made plans to quit and had tons of back-up plans set up. Two of my back up plans actually worked. I got a full scholarship to grad school which I applied for back in March. So Now I work on campus 18 hours a week and get a small hourly wage but my tuition is 100% paid.

Also, my friend purchased a business and immediately had me work with her. We deliver drinks like soda or snapple in NYC twice a week. Starting out, I told her to pay me very very little just to get the ball moving in her court. After about 8 months, is when I'm going to start making some decent money.

all in all, I am working less hours. Making more money (in 8 months). Tuition is getting paid. Thursdays and weekends off. stress level is at zero. Started going to the gym more. I am emotionally on cloud 9.

Well, I finally quit my job of 9 1/2 years. Some may say that is stupid but the stress level was taking a toll on me. The last year was hell and not getting a raise in 4 years was eating away at me. Still living with my grandparents who have raised me, I have to take care of them. But when i'd get home, I wouldn't "de-stress" and would still be in a shitty mood, which isn't fair or nice to them.

I made plans to quit and had tons of back-up plans set up. Two of my back up plans actually worked. I got a full scholarship to grad school which I applied for back in March. So Now I work on campus 18 hours a week and get a small hourly wage but my tuition is 100% paid.

Also, my friend purchased a business and immediately had me work with her. We deliver drinks like soda or snapple in NYC twice a week. Starting out, I told her to pay me very very little just to get the ball moving in her court. After about 8 months, is when I'm going to start making some descent money.

all in all, I am working less hours. Making more money (in 8 months). Tuition is getting paid. Thursdays and weekends off. Less level is at zero. Started going to the gym more. I am emotionally on cloud 9.

good for you,I have a similar issue with myself and my job of 20 years,and this graphic a friend sent me makes sense right now for me.

say_how_you_feel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Planning a trip: London (Tattoo Convention) -> Bristol (visiting two dear friends) -> Paris (visiting new friend) -> Amsterdam (meeting up a friend since 13 years back) -> Bruxelles (visiting a close friend since 10 years) -> Berlin (new and old friends) It's going to be more than three weeks of travelling and I am really looking forward to all the new impressions, thoughts, experiences, ideas and input that I know will pass my way.

Granddaughter's 6th birthday party yesterday.

We noticed that "Marshall" the mule next door was in distress. We found he had a 2 1/2" infected cut on his lower leg. The owners disappear for weeks at a time so we had to call the SPCA. The poor guy can barely walk and needs immediate medical care.

thank you for calling the SPCA

thank you for calling the SPCA

This was next to my step daughter's house in the very funky San Leon area, birthplace of the Bandidos MC. Mrs. T and I spoke with the other neighbors and realized that if we didn't do something, Marshall would continue to suffer and possible die if untreated (she's a nurse and I'm a retired firefighter/medic). It wasn't even a choice.

This also keeps the step daughter out of the line of fire if the next door property/mule owner get pissed off since they will likely face a fine.

This was next to my step daughter's house in the very funky San Leon area, birthplace of the Bandidos MC. Mrs. T and I spoke with the other neighbors and realized that if we didn't do something, Marshall would continue to suffer and possible die if untreated (she's a nurse and I'm a retired firefighter/medic). It wasn't even a choice.

This also keeps the step daughter out of the line of fire if the next door property/mule owner get pissed off since they will likely face a fine.

I would have done the same thing in calling :)