Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Ran my first ultramarathon - 53 miles! I was pretty surprised I made 50 miles without major trouble, and pushed out a couple more to make it an even double marathon. It was an awesome experience and I'm already planning to do it again in the spring. I think something is wrong with my head ;)

beast! 50+ miles! @SeeSea had you ever done a full mary before this?

I'll probably will be there this spring - Rick and crew put on a good event

beast! 50+ miles! @SeeSea had you ever done a full mary before this?

I'll probably will be there this spring - Rick and crew put on a good event

Thanks! Nope, I haven't. I don't want to attempt a marathon unless I could do it in less than 5ish hours. My "first" marathon on Saturday took about 7.5 hours, then a break, and I split the second marathon distance into an 18 and an 8 with a break in the middle. Funny how an ultra can be easier than a marathon in some regards ;)

Yes, the race was very well organized. I'm signing up for May - hope to see you there!

Really the big things and the small things in this thread, that's what I like about it. Positivity vibes!

Last week I visited a long time friend in her new home city for the first time, after she'd allready lived there for four years. That was nice in and of itself. She told me that she just learned to really believe in compliments that people give her, and for the first time got those warm feelings that an honest compliment can give. I could relate a whole lot and realized I too changed in this aspect over the past years. We talked about that and coincidently I got four really nice compliments by other people just around that week.

By my friends kid: - Mommy is good! And you are good too!

By my friends friend: - You're great at hanging out with kids

By random girl getting off the train, where I was drawing in my notebook: - I just have to say: that looks really nice!

By a person I am seeing: - You are really very fine in bed

Each compliment of course boosted my all ready alarming illusions of grandeur to new hights in their own way ;)

Lets see, I think my last activity on here was 2012, since then, I've gone to paramedic school, got my associates, drasticly failed my written exams for my medic, due to an diagnosed TBI, worked my butt off through 2014 once I was cleared to go back to work (rough 8.5 months of hell), changed tattoo shops, was working 4 part time jobs, and just about a month ago got my dream job, full time, the whole 9 yards. And finished a full lower leg tattoo, and am starting to go for a full sleeve next week...

O_o Its been a long two years and I've clearly missed a lot on here... gotta go blow the dust off now

Lets see, I think my last activity on here was 2012, since then, I've gone to paramedic school, got my associates, drasticly failed my written exams for my medic, due to an diagnosed TBI, worked my butt off through 2014 once I was cleared to go back to work (rough 8.5 months of hell), changed tattoo shops, was working 4 part time jobs, and just about a month ago got my dream job, full time, the whole 9 yards. And finished a full lower leg tattoo, and am starting to go for a full sleeve next week...

O_o Its been a long two years and I've clearly missed a lot on here... gotta go blow the dust off now

Thats amazing, keep up the good work. What did you get on your leg?

Thats amazing, keep up the good work. What did you get on your leg?

Thank you!

Nautical themed...sleeve...squid pant what ever they call it now :-p

12039373_10153030011357623_8775589536182794631_n.jpg?oh=6ab3d5d2e83ef94103d9c561baa7a34a&oe=56AE48DF

Welcome back! Sounds like life is looking good for you.

The hardest part of the paramedic written test for me was the ECG strip interpretation. In Texas, a paramedic is roughly equivalent to an RN. None of it is easy so don't feel bad!

I really wish I could've gotten a good run at it before my injury. I took the test three times with out knowing I had a brain injury, by the time they realized they missed it, I was already out of attempts. Pretty much lost approx. 9 months of memories. I passed my National registry practicals with flying colors, took two weeks off to review med math and parkland formula and the first week between that and my written had a ceiling and wooden Cabinet fall and break across the back of my head, neck and back while fighting a house fire. While I wish I could've completed it all, I'm glad how it played out, I doubt I'd be at the job I have now if none of that ever happened.

On Thanksgiving, @TrixieFaux & I recorded the first episode of our brand spankin' new podcast. It started out as a joke – as all the best things do – but now it's an actual thing that we're doing. Hope to put up a new one sometime next weekend. You can check it out at the link below. It's short and funny (I hope). And please "like" our Facebook page if you do.

https://soundcloud.com/theholidayguy/the-holiday-guy-podcast-001-thanksgiving-2015

https://www.facebook.com/TheHolidayGuy/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm doing okay lately, totally immersed in my '59 Ford project. Just got the motor out of the machine shop and will be doing the final assembly work on it very shortly.

Really cool at how many people get off on someone spending ungodly amounts of $$ and want to be there when it comes to life. Of course some of them actually help and are experienced motor heads.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been watching the original Star Wars movies recently for the first time. I almost quit halfway through A New Hope, it's so awful. I can't believe that, after a lifetime of hype, the movie could fall so flat. Episode V is marked improvement, though.

If you're watching it in the Machete Order, it's going to a get a bit worse before it gets better. You also have to realize a couple things...

1) it was made in the late 70s/ early 80s

2) they make it simple enough a child could love it

that said, the acting isn't great. it's more of a plot and effects driven adventure.

I've been playing with expensive car toys.

Looking pretty. Glad I got over that while still young. Mine is motorcycles, but I've tempered even that. I have a '78 GL1000 frame with a '75 engine in the garage (frame hanging from the ceiling, engine on a furniture dolly). Finally got the tractor out of the garage to give some room to work, but now there is an emergency generator project that has to be completed. Sure glad there is no rush on it, and I have the GL1800 to ride.