Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Went out to buy some new suits for work today - that in itself is not awesome...but I have now lost almost 30 pounds and when I found that I am able to wear a size smaller and a slim fit suit well......I'm feeling pretty awesome. I couldn't wear a slim fit when I was in College...and next year will be my 40th college reunion.

Thanks to an unusually hard work-out while crewing a hot air balloon flight last evening and even with a post-flight splurge of a small cup of ice cream at a local dairy, I hit my intermediate goal of losing 30 pounds this morning. Only 2.5 more and I will be at my target weight....at least for now. Maybe I'll shoot for my high school weight instead of my Army weight. :1_grinning:

• 2 weeks later...

Want to know what 1000 backpacks filled with school supplies destined to be given to needy elementary and middle school children look like? Here they are

14231387_10208618150385960_2615367033080987063_o.jpg

Our College's Registrar Office has been doing internal fundraisers for the past 4 years to fund giving the backpacks out - as well as other supplies when possible - to schools that have needy students. We started with one 3rd grade class and are now up to 3 schools and multiple classes in each. We've given out over 450 backpacks so far this year.

But, a local church, Parker Hill Church, contacted us recently to say they wanted to help. Today, the delivered 1000 backpacks filled with supplies. This will allow us to outreach to schools that surround our 4 extension campuses - something we've not been able to do before. It took about an hour for us to carry them in to the storage room - but what an experience. If this doesn't put a smile on your face, nothing will.

I've now lost 33 pounds and stabilized around my goal weight. I may try for another 5 pounds but, who knows? All of the college social functions make eating healthy difficult...but I'm determined to hold the line. I've learned that I can have a splurge from time to time, and then just get back to my routine. I am feeling so much better - but now need to buy some new clothes including 34" waist pants....which I have not worn since high school.

The weight loss and tattoos have made me much more confident to wear sleeveless shirts and tank shirts..something I've never done before. Why did I wait until I was 61 to do this? Ugh.

By the way, did I tell you how much I love this new tattoo? :17_heart_eyes:

IMG_8066_1_1.jpg

Edited by Devious6

On 18 September 2016 at 11:02 AM, Devious6 said:

I've now lost 33 pounds and stabilized around my goal weight. I may try for another 5 pounds but, who knows? All of the college social functions make eating healthy difficult...but I'm determined to hold the line. I've learned that I can have a splurge from time to time, and then just get back to my routine. I am feeling so much better - but now need to buy some new clothes including 34" waist pants....which I have not worn since high school.

The weight loss and tattoos have made me much more confident to wear sleeveless shirts and tank shirts..something I've never done before. Why did I wait until I was 61 to do this? Ugh.

By the way, did I tell you how much I love this new tattoo? :17_heart_eyes:

IMG_8066_1_1.jpg

Well done on the weight loss, you look in good shape! 

I guess this could either be an awesome or shitty thing depending on how you look at it, I'm choosing to look at the positive side: I'm quitting my full time job (with benefits, gulp) in social work and taking a part time job at a copying and printing center, with plans to go back to school for graphic design ASAP.

It's fucking scary to lose all this pay and my insurance and all that but something needed to change. My co-workers suck (there's a rumor I've been dealing with for months that I'm an alcoholic and come in to work drunk all the time), my bosses suck, and our schedules are about to start sucking when they make us all work 12.5 hour shifts starting at the end of this month. I knew I needed to get out because this place was going to drive me crazy.

I've wanted to do graphic design since I was in high school but I let various people (guidance counselors, my parents, myself) tell me I wasn't good enough for it, so I chased all these other career paths and now I'm thinking "Fuck it, I should have done this in the first place." So this copying and printing center gives me some entry level graphic design experience, gives me a chance to network with local businesses that might use us, and gives me the time to go back to school and work on an art portfolio. In the short term, it's going to be financially tight and more stressful, but in the long run, I really need this. I'm just glad my boyfriend is doing really well at his job and can help with rent and bills, he's also thrilled I'm quitting because he knows how much of a toll this job has taken on me over the years.

7 hours ago, Synesthesia said:

I guess this could either be an awesome or shitty thing depending on how you look at it, I'm choosing to look at the positive side: I'm quitting my full time job (with benefits, gulp) in social work and taking a part time job at a copying and printing center, with plans to go back to school for graphic design ASAP.

It's fucking scary to lose all this pay and my insurance and all that but something needed to change. My co-workers suck (there's a rumor I've been dealing with for months that I'm an alcoholic and come in to work drunk all the time), my bosses suck, and our schedules are about to start sucking when they make us all work 12.5 hour shifts starting at the end of this month. I knew I needed to get out because this place was going to drive me crazy.

I've wanted to do graphic design since I was in high school but I let various people (guidance counselors, my parents, myself) tell me I wasn't good enough for it, so I chased all these other career paths and now I'm thinking "Fuck it, I should have done this in the first place." So this copying and printing center gives me some entry level graphic design experience, gives me a chance to network with local businesses that might use us, and gives me the time to go back to school and work on an art portfolio. In the short term, it's going to be financially tight and more stressful, but in the long run, I really need this. I'm just glad my boyfriend is doing really well at his job and can help with rent and bills, he's also thrilled I'm quitting because he knows how much of a toll this job has taken on me over the years.

Big decision! Too many people get stuck in a rut, waste their lives doing what they are told is the right thing to do!

The tattoo that I was hoping for in like 99% not going to happen, so I'm bummed about that since I worked on getting it booked for 10 months. BUT the cool thing is that I won an award at work (yea!) and had some extra cash that was going towards the tattoo. Anyway, I saw this cool thing that was being auctioned off for one of the charities that I support. I bid. I won.

HENRY ROLLINS is recording my voicemail.

I am more than a little excited. *drops mic*

• 2 weeks later...

Spent yesterday shooting in a Sporting Clays fund-raiser tournament that benefits our College's school of Petroleum and Natural Gas. Beautiful weather and a chance to shatter a bunch of clay birds...although if I shot more than twice a year I might actually hit a few more. That's me in the middle.

Cabot Fall Classic Oct 2016.jpg