Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I don't get out very often - but really enjoy shooting Sporting Clays. I just need to find more time to go do it - maybe when I retire in a few years. I've been thinking of getting an auto thrower for here at our farm - one with a foot pedal release. Who knows?  I went way overboard when I got my shotgun for clays - Lynn got it for me for Christmas a few years ago; a Browning Citori 725 Sporting Clays model.

Got a call from a recruiter a couple of weeks ago, didn't really think anything would come of it. Now, two phone interviews later they are flying me out to New Hampshire next week for a F2F and likely an offer. Would anyone in their right mind move from Dallas to New Hampshire at the beginning of winter?

Oh my, I'm going to have a decision to make soon. Crazy times. 

I landed an apprenticeship! I will be working under Jeff Wilson and John Dohe at Infinite Expressions in Charlottetown PEI, Canada.

Realy stoked, but just trying to figure out money/moving stuff. Herecare a coupke pieces by them. Super low key, but awesome artists/tattooers. Im hoping to start practicing tebori early as well, as its something Ive always wanted to do. We'll see.

Screenshot_2016-10-15-09-01-48~2.jpg

Screenshot_2016-10-15-09-01-56~2.jpg

FB_IMG_1476533087785.jpg

FB_IMG_1476533083967.jpg

3 minutes ago, a_beukeveld said:

I landed an apprenticeship! I will be working under Jeff Wilson and John Dohe at Infinite Expressions in Charlottetown PEI, Canada.

Realy stoked, but just trying to figure out money/moving stuff. Herecare a coupke pieces by them. Super low key, but awesome artists/tattooers. Im hoping to start practicing tebori early as well, as its something Ive always wanted to do. We'll see.

Screenshot_2016-10-15-09-01-56~2.jpg

Congratulations!, they are both accomplished artists if they are taking you under wing that means something about you...best of luck in the journey

Just started collecting and reading the new Lone Wolf and Cub series by Kazuo Koike and Hideki Mori. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrOW3Gv7MzVGboWxTCWpN

f8f80b6c88bbd3c0c31fcf081a842479.jpg

Collected and read the first series (Lone Wolf and Cub) and it was awesome, the first series was awarded lots of honors for historical accuracy in depicting life in Edo period japan. Original had lots of tattoos. 

chap01_03.jpg

Very worth a read

Spent a long weekend on a trip down to The Bourbon Trail in Kentucky. About 7 years ago we signed up to be Maker's Mark Ambassadors - costs nothing and they send you a present each year at Christmas. They also put your name on a barrel plate and, when the barrel matures - 6 to 7 years later - you get invited to the distillery for a free tour, tasting and you can buy bottles from your batch. They put a special label on the bottle(s) and you get to hand-dip it in the traditional red wax and seal it with the Ambassador's seal. It was a blast - and we hit several other distilleries and great restaurants along the way. The weather was warm and, since we took the Z3, we enjoyed some top-down days.

Here are our bottles and Lynn watching while I dipped mine.

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1606.JPG

And Lynn dipping her bottle.

IMG_1607.JPG

Edited by Devious6

So, I had my interview up in New Hampshire this week. Interview went really well and I would be surprised if they don't offer me the job. Manchester is a small city and it didn't seem like there was much of a scene there. I did find a shop that looks like they put out some solid work though. 

http://bulletprooftigertattoo.com/

https://www.instagram.com/bulletprooftigertattoo/

I have no people in Manchester though so if I do take the job looking for an apartment and moving my crap in might be rather difficult. 

But I could get a solid tattoo once I settle in. So there is that. 

1 hour ago, tatB said:

@Boiled Dove

Congress St Tattoo and Hobos Tattoo In Portsmouth NH

Hidden History Tattoo in Dover NH

and Redemption Tattoo down in Cambridge MA

All within an hour or so drive of Manchester

This is the kind of information that is vital to the decision to move halfway across the country.