Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

4 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Ah, one week to go until we leave for a week in San Francisco. I've been to SF a bunch for work and some fun but never a week of full-on tourist stuff. We are going to eat, drink and be very merry. If you have any recommendations, I'd love to here them.

SF is the best! I had a whole big post written up but my laptop crashed and I lost it, so here are some of my favorites.

Food: Tommy's Joynt, House of Nanking, Miller's Deli, Taqueria Pancho Villa, Taqueria San Jose, El Toro, El Farolito, La Corneta, Los Coyotes, R&G Lounge, Nopa, House of Prime Rib, Tony's Pizza, Halu, Tommy's Mexican Restaurant, The Cliff House, Suppenkuche, Swan Oyster Depot, Tadich Grill, Park Tavern, Alfred's Steakhouse, the Pinecrest Diner, and Buffalo Burger.

Drinks (some of which have very good food): Mikkeller Bar, Giordano Bros, Zeitgeist, Bender's, Lucky 13, Smuggler's Cove, Whitechapel, The Old Ship Saloon, Aub Zam Zam, Molotov's, 540 Club, The Plough & Stars, Edinburgh Castle, Vesuvio, 15 Romolo, Mr. Bing's, Emperor Norton's Boozeland, The Pied Piper, House of Shields, Li Po, Buddha Lounge, 21st Amendment, Schroeder's, Alembic, Elixir, Delirium, Whiskey Thieves, Thieves Tavern, Toronado, Noc Noc, The Buena Vista Cafe, Gino & Carlo, Hemlock, Tempest, Trad'r Sam, and many many others.

Have fun!

22 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Ah, one week to go until we leave for a week in San Francisco. I've been to SF a bunch for work and some fun but never a week of full-on tourist stuff. We are going to eat, drink and be very merry. If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them.

I haven't been to SF since 1992 so I'm not much of a guide - of course you need to spend time at Fisherman's Wharf. Tons of places to shop and great food abounds. Have a great time!!!!

Here's a great shot of Lynn and me while we were at Epcot last week. 

58b46cba9b545_LynnMarkatEpcot.thumb.jpg.c43886b972c735ef38e5989cf051f0e6.jpg

During our time at Disney Studios there were several Star Wars characters there that you could have pictures taken with. My son and his family wanted to see Chewbacca so Lynn and I sat outside for a few minutes since there was a 25 minute wait to get through the line. As we sat there, we saw that the wait time for Kylo Ren was only 10 minutes....so Lynn said let's go get our picture taken. They bring you into a room with the person who is totally in character. Kylo Ren, one of the key villains in The Force Awakens, watched as we walked into the room and immediately confronted Lynn leaning into her and telling her he could sense her thoughts and that she was supportive of the rebellion. Lynn played right along and stood toe to toe with him. We got a bunch of great pics of the two of them - here are two.

58b46ec89d090_LynnwithKyloRen1.thumb.jpg.cb3cdab330975a5a83bbfd741c205636.jpg         58b46eca82a3a_LynnwithKyloRen2.thumb.jpg.aa18cabb43726e5d1f3bc887059bd934.jpg

Edited by Devious6

Promoted to 2nd Permanent Brown tonight! Learned my new form, Palgwe 6, taught to me by my son, tho he had to do pushups b/c *I* knew the definition of Palgwe and he didn't haha. Didn't break my boards on the first try..second try...third try..frustrating b/c I've never *not* broke first try on a palm strike. Managed to break the two boards on my jump reverse kick-on the fifth try argh! So glad that doesn't count against us at test.

Epcot is SO much fun--hands down our favorite park there.

Only 12 more days 'till we're allowed to ride again (Canadian winters, eh) ... and I'm counting the minutes! :)

Been using a half-helmet the past two years, since I first got my wheels and thought I would spoil myself with a new and safer one this season.  My skill and therefore my speed have increased so it's a good move I think.

My sweet new helmet ...

http://www.sigi-helmets.com/eng/helmets/view/drifter-adultfull-face-helmet

Edited by littlefox1970

1 hour ago, littlefox1970 said:

Only 12 more days 'till we're allowed to ride again (Canadian winters, eh) ... and I'm counting the minutes! :)

Been using a half-helmet the past two years, since I first got my wheels and thought I would spoil myself with a new and safer one this season.  My skill and therefore my speed have increased so it's a good move I think.

My sweet new helmet ...

h,what do you mean "allowed" to ride again ? just because of the weather ? or is it an actual restriction ?

and what do you ride ?

Here in Quebec we are legally restricted from riding from december 15th to march 15th ... coinciding with the winter tire laws for cars.

I drive a PGO T-Rex Scooter.  I would love to upgrade to a motorcycle but just can't afford upwards of 2000$ a year in insurance ...

Here are a couple photos of the model I drive ... the driver is NOT ME but I have no photos of me on my scoot right now.

Do you ride?  

pgo.jpg

pgo2.jpg

1 hour ago, littlefox1970 said:

Here in Quebec we are legally restricted from riding from december 15th to march 15th ... coinciding with the winter tire laws for cars.

I drive a PGO T-Rex Scooter.  I would love to upgrade to a motorcycle but just can't afford upwards of 2000$ a year in insurance ...

Here are a couple photos of the model I drive ... the driver is NOT ME but I have no photos of me on my scoot right now.

Do you ride?  

LOL  glad that's not you ! LOL

and I had many bikes over the 30 years I rode,

no bike right now :55_frowning:

here was the last one I had hd1.jpg

What a beauty .... look at all that chrome ... Love to be riding that! :)

Hehehe ... I think only one other person on this site , besides you, knows I'm a female ... I'm glad that's not me too ... that 5 o'clock shadow could be downright embarrassing! :D

Hard to shake the fever once you get it ... Any particular reason you stopped riding? 

Edited by littlefox1970

20 minutes ago, littlefox1970 said:

What a beauty .... look at all that chrome ... Love to be riding that! :)

Hehehe ... I think only one other person on this site , besides you, knows I'm a female ... I'm glad that's not me too ... that 5 o'clock shadow could be downright embarrassing! :D

Hard to shake the fever once you get it ... Any particular reason you stopped riding? 

too crazy on the roads around here these days,

maybe one day,but I'm good for now.

I like having my wife &  dog and cameras with me,and I like my ac and heater too. LOL

Edited by Dan

My sweet new helmet ...

Nice looking lid. I wear an HJC ISMax with Sena Bluetooth headset. My Symax as well as all of my other gear was destroyed in August in a 49 mph get-off in interstate traffic. Gear does work!

Was just thinking when I got home today that I might just ride (20 miles) to work tomorrow. I have heated jacket liner and gloves, so it is cheating a bit, I guess. 2006 GL1800 GoldWing.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I hear you ... the creature comforts definitely seem to increase in charm with each passing year. :)  

The age of smartphones and texting has really brought driving to perilous levels ... It's like having 80% of drivers on the road DUI. Trust no one is basically my motto.

Well, there's a time for everything ... as long as you're happy then it's all good, right? :)   

4 minutes ago, pidjones said:

Nice looking lid. I wear an HJC ISMax with Sena Bluetooth headset. My Symax as well as all of my other gear was destroyed in August in a 49 mph get-off in interstate traffic. Gear does work!

Was just thinking when I got home today that I might just ride (20 miles) to work tomorrow. I have heated jacket liner and gloves, so it is cheating a bit, I guess. 2006 GL1800 GoldWing.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Oh wow ... that must have been scary!  So glad to hear you were geared up and it paid off.  ATGATT is definitely wise.

For sure ... you should go for it! No cheating there if you ask me ... just smarts. 

Nice machine indeed. :)  You must get some great road trips outta that!  Any plans for the summer?

I also stopped riding a motorcycle for the safety reasons. I was stationed out in Oklahoma when I had my bike and "Bubbas" thought it was great fun to slide up alongside me and then edge me off the road. And, there are way too many distracted drivers....and deer here in northeast PA.

This was way back before cell phones in 1983.

58b8bd3cdf568_HondaNighthawk1.jpg.d67979f82a2d522ab5a4e08f1fa2ce9a.jpg

58b8bd40b8584_HondaNighthawk2.jpg.f18648bcb466c09bc58cc136aef1d387.jpg

Edited by Devious6

That's a sweet lil ride there Devious ... I'm a little person so always had something like this in mind for myself.  Who knows, maybe I'll win the lotto or something. :)

Luckily I've never met any "Bubbas" ... let's hope I never do.

Seems we become more protective of life and limb as we age.  My plans to skydive, for example, have flown out the window ... lol ... bucket list is getting shorter every day! :D   

Edited by littlefox1970

@Devious6 @Gingerninja thanks! My daughter practices as well-she's 13, he's going to be 10. Both of them will be testing for their temporary black belts this June. She's been practicing for a bit longer than my son, but they've both taken time out, she for theater and cross country (her first year, this year, for XC and she lettered in it, and she's only in 7th grade!), and he for football. She's been 1st permanent brown for about a year and he got his a few months ago, so they still come to test but they just help out. It's pretty great. Our instructor started 14+ years ago. Her sons were in it and she thought it would be something great to do w/them..There's three of us parents there w/our kids..well, no, I take that back, four now b/c we had a mom start last month. I'll test for my temporary black next February, and then my 1st Dan I'm guessing December '18. And then we'll see how far I can make it after that!

Those Disney parks...I swear I was about ready to cry every time we first got inside a new one...felt like a little kid and just overwhelmed by the magic of it all. Loved it. And some of those rides kicked ass.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spent the last 6 days on an annual trip we make to the mountains of NC with a bunch of car-loving friends. We stay at a great Inn located on the Blue Ridge Parkway and drive the local twisty roads, head somewhere for lunch, drive back to the Inn, put up the keys and have a few adult beverages, dinner and then do it all over again the next day.

Sunday was my 62d birthday - our day to start the drive home. We opted to stay on the Parkway as far north as we could - the weather was gorgeous and everything is in bloom, not to mention the spectacular views. We jumped off at Roanoke and then headed to where we stayed overnight in Lexington, VA. On the way in, we stopped at a craft brewery in Lexington and had a beer.

It was a perfect birthday...despite the fact that I'm feeling ancient...spent with the love of my life.

Cheers!

59085ab0b37f8_SpringDrive2017.thumb.jpg.25eaacef866e6fdc25184e63ef36dba6.jpg

Edited by Devious6