Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

7 hours ago, AverageJer said:

In August we got a puppy. She is some kind of beagle mutt and it's lucky she is so cute because she is the biggest asshole I have ever met. Anyway, she and I would like to wish you all a merry christmas and  happy new year. 

LOL you make that sound funny,(in a good way)    thanks for that,and merry christmas.

It wasn't as awesome as it could have been, but it sure could have gone shitty quick. Some of us from the Knoxville area have a New Year's tradition of riding (mainly GoldWings) to Dupont Lodge at Cumberland Falls State Park for lunch. Today was forecast high in the low 20s, but no precipitation was mentioned. We all have heated gear, so Charlie and I met at 9:30 for the ~80 mile ride from our meeting point. We took 2-lane backroads as they are more "interesting". About 40 miles in it was getting bad as there was a constant light snow shower that blew around on the roads, and I was eventually searching out tire tracks until we reached another interstate crossing in Jellico, TN. We got on the slab to our exit for the park road, where it was obvious (spinning and fishtailing is NO FUN on a 900 pound bike!) that we'd have to turn back. All in all, I had good ride with my friend, and got to see my temperature display "- -", which is Honda's way of saying "you fool! It's below 14 F!". And also learned new disrespect for the weather guessers as they didn't even mention any snow on the morning news. But we both got home safe, which is pretty awesome considering the possibilities.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Wife and I decided to try and knock an item off the bucket list, so we are in Titusville, Florida. Toured the Kennedy Space Center (three days worth), and hope to  see a Falcon 9 go up on Tuesday. Won't stick around for Falcon Heavy (it's getting nuts around here already for that). Did get to see Falcon Heavy do its Static Hot Fire Test this week: (that was pretty awesome)

Hotfiretest.jpg

• 2 months later...

Don't know if this is awesome or shitty. My last employer called last week and wants me back as a part-time consultant test engineer for about three months. Good money, but I've been having a ball in retirement working on an old motorcycle project. It will only be 20 or so hours a week, so the summer won't be shot, and I enjoyed the project they were working on. To keep this tattoo related, I stopped by to visit my artist yesterday and congratulate her on her recent engagement. Did a double-duty trip because the next block was where I had my drug screening for the temp agency.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:42 AM, pidjones said:

My retirement project "the Hunley" runs! Not finished yet, but getting so close!7167733810a28531c673aceb627a7c62.jpg

looks real nice,is that a GL1000 ? a buddy of mine had one and that thing hauled ass.

it looks good with all the plastic off of it.

Edited by Dan