Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I guess this is awesome, but I can't help but feel a little shitty about it.

My parents are moving into a bigger house and renting out part of it to my fiance and I. Basically about 1/3 of the house is an addition that's its own apartment-like area, and we have shared spaces like a basement and family room. It's good in the sense that we're saving tons of money and I'll be close to my parents (my mom has back problems and needs some help whenever it's acting up). It's bad in the sense that I guess I feel like a failure, like we couldn't cut it out on our own and so we're moving back in with my parents. I guess it's not quite as bad as the stereotypical "living in my parents' basement" scenario, but I still feel kind of down about the whole thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 4:12 PM, scottyg said:

Thanks!

unfortunately no, gotta finish this back piece, and Takashi's my guy!

London ruled, of course. Went to Kanae's Nine Tails tattoo shop, got a shirt, met her briefly to express my appreciation for her work.

Fun times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my wife and myself went to high school together,we dated for a little while back then(1976/77),we were the same age and same grade,

we graduated and didn't see each other for 28 years,we  both ended up single(we both went through a marriage/divorce) and a mutual friend that knew I was always hot for her mentioned he saw her at a party,anyway,fast forward to 2005,we got together and got married.

the reason for this post though is this,tomorrow night(10/20) we are going to our 41st HS reunion.(we didn't have a 40th)   we graduated in 77

should be a kick.

us then and now

16425761_10206293585057801_7012698109029976430_n.jpg

_MG_0552 - Copy - Copy.JPG

Edited by Dan

my wife and myself went to high school together,we dated for a little while back then(1976/77),we were the same age and same grade,
we graduated and didn't see each other for 28 years,we  both ended up single(we both went through a marriage/divorce) and a mutual friend that knew I was always hot for her mentioned he saw her at a party,anyway,fast forward to 2005,we got together and got married.
the reason for this post though is this,tomorrow night(10/20) we are going to our 41st HS reunion.(we didn't have a 40th)   we graduated in 77.....

Fantastic! Judy and I got together in '80 at our 10th HS reunion. A year later we married, and it is still a great ride! We NEVER miss a HS reunion (our class was only 144 students).

• 1 month later...

I've not noticed that tattoos are that popular there. My hosts were amazed by mine, wanted to know if they would rub off, what the ment, etc. Very accepting, though. Now, they are rural Indians, though fairly well educated. I would think Northern India would have more tattoo shops. Tamil Nadu and Andre Pradesh are beautiful areas. I used to visit friends up near the border between the two. Could see Andre from their roof. Tried to stay out of Madras as much as possible. That's probably where you'd find them. Plenty of good artists there, just don't know how many have adopted the medium.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Combination awesome and shitty things this weekend. Shitty that we had the funeral for my 1st cousin that has had a huge part in my life. Awesome that so many cousins from all over gathered to say goodbye. Shitty that it's about the only time that I see them - Jones reunions always seem to have one of us horizontal in a box. Awesome that it was in our home town and the church that I grew up in - hadn't seen many of these folks in years, either. Also awesome that my winter motorcycle project - a '79 CB750F rat bike - is finally on the road. Took it out for a short ride yesterday and it ran, handled, braked, etc. great! Now to find a buyer for it so that I can get next winter's project bike.