Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

@VCarter that is huge and amazing! I cannot imagine how intimidating it is to take one's first steps as a doctor. My dad is in the hospital right now, so we have been encountering a lot of young doctors in the past couple of days, and I will say this: I think if you focus on listening to your patients and treating them with empathy, you will be ok. People just want to feel cared for.

I have started the next phase of my medical training - moving from student to intern! It scares the bejeebus out of me that I am now having to be responsible for real patients. First overnight on-call shift is Monday, which I anticipate will be both interesting and completely overwhelming.

What @Pugilist said and also - it's ok not to know everything. And remember to breathe.

Opening a JOINT savings account with my wife, contributing to my meager retirement fund I started last year, and, weirdly, becoming a more senior dude at the ol j-o-b. Finally able to start enjoying NYC even.. only took eight years. Feeling a little more like one of those grown-ups I've heard so much about.

@slayer9019 A house with a garage and a yard..? What's a garage and a yard??

I love hearing about all the great things you all are doing. :)

Next week, I start my last semester as an undergrad. I'm ecstatic. Now, I just need to figure out what I want to do before I apply to PhD programs. I am happy that I decided to take a break to get some more work experience, etc. Not stressing over grad school has enabled me to take time to consider what is important to me and to focus on other aspects of my life.

I am pretty excited about how creative and involved i've been, not only tattooing but in the tattoo world---

I was asked to and participated in an art show in NY

Two different tattooers books of flash

Drew a series prints that I was able to sell, trade , gift and donate to a couple of auctions for good causes

Wrote and sold a satirical book on getting in to tattooing

And for the first time was a feature in a super tattoo magazine

And still happily married & raising a family! (;

yeah i really dig it too

- - - Updated - - -

14sfu5t.jpg

For a moment before clicking it, i thought the thumbnail with the bow was a tupac skull haha

Hahaha - I never noticed that before but it IS very tupac. Im thinking of renaming that skull candle All Eyez On Me

- - - Updated - - -

We just officially bought our first home today!!! I'm so excited! Now to redo the floors, paint and then move. I can't wait to get out of my shitty apartment and no longer have to listen to my gross neighbors humping!

Congrats on the house! Ugh god neighbor humping is the worst.

We just officially bought our first home today!!! I'm so excited! Now to redo the floors, paint and then move. I can't wait to get out of my shitty apartment and no longer have to listen to my gross neighbors humping!

Congrats on the house! And it sounds like your neighbors have been doing awesome things lately, too.

Survived my first week of acting like a "real doctor", complete with 2 overnight call shifts. Thankfully it was pretty uneventful, with no really hard cases to deal with. I have however confirmed that pediatrics is not going to be on my list of residencies to apply for, dealing with screaming kids and hypochondriac parents is definitely not my cup of tea.