Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I listened to your stuff and then promptrly forgot who on here made the music. IT WAS AMAZING. I loved every single second of it. Is there a way to get a physical copy of a CD or vinyl or something?

Oh man! Thanks so much, dude!

Currently it's only available in digital form because I self-funded and recorded all of it myself at my apartment and don't have the funds as of yet to get physical copies put together, unfortunately. :(

Ideally, I'll find some label support through shopping it around who will help finance some CDs or Vinyls, but for the time being it's only available by purchase through the bandcamp site.

Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm so flattered and so glad you liked it! :)

Oh man! Thanks so much, dude!

Currently it's only available in digital form because I self-funded and recorded all of it myself at my apartment and don't have the funds as of yet to get physical copies put together, unfortunately. :(

Ideally, I'll find some label support through shopping it around who will help finance some CDs or Vinyls, but for the time being it's only available by purchase through the bandcamp site.

Thanks so much for the kind words! I'm so flattered and so glad you liked it! :)

I will have to buy through Bandcamp then. I'll make sure to kick in a little extra...it is well worth it.

I finally enrolled as a PhD student. It's taken almost a decade just to be able to begin. I don't have an MA and went to art school, so I was told by the university I wanted, 'I'm sorry but it is simply our policy and without a good Master's degree you will not be considered.'

I got depressed, then indignant, then pissed off. So I spent a month reading, focusing and writing a proposal and extra essays, sent it all in, and proved (mainly to myself) that I could do it. That felt pretty good.

I finally enrolled as a PhD student. It's taken almost a decade just to be able to begin. I don't have an MA and went to art school, so I was told by the university I wanted, 'I'm sorry but it is simply our policy and without a good Master's degree you will not be considered.'

I got depressed, then indignant, then pissed off. So I spent a month reading, focusing and writing a proposal and extra essays, sent it all in, and proved (mainly to myself) that I could do it. That felt pretty good.

That's so great! Good for you!!

This is a huge accomplishment! Congrats! What are you studying? I did my PhD in the UK, so I know what you're about to go through. :)

Thank you, else and Pugilist!

Yes, I saw that you'd just had your viva for a History PhD. Well done! Mine is in English Literature. I'm researching Victorian mourning literature, mostly life-writing. I have my first archive visit next week.

Just part-time for now as I need to work. Hopefully eventually I'll prove myself enough to be eligible for a studentship.

I'm aiming to start my hitchhiking adventure the 15th of march! the date is coming closer and closer and I'm beyond excited to turn my daydreams in a reality!

I started a blog today with a little introduction post. On this blog I'll be posting all my stories from the road, as well as pictures.

Life of a drifter in Europe

Feel free to check it out!

Finished this awesome stained glass window panel for my commode (lol). It's my second piece I've ever done.

Not the best photos to show it off since the light outside isn't too bright but you get the idea:

post-3901-146168846024_thumb.jpg

Inspired by an Indian rug

Started stained glass after my mom passed away a four months back. It's been nice to have something creative to sink my teeth into.

- Lori

I'm aiming to start my hitchhiking adventure the 15th of march! the date is coming closer and closer and I'm beyond excited to turn my daydreams in a reality!

I started a blog today with a little introduction post. On this blog I'll be posting all my stories from the road, as well as pictures.

I bookmarked your blog - I can't wait to read along with your adventures!

As stated in another thread, babysat our grandson for 12 days that just ended 2 days ago - that counts as awesome to me.

In the past two years (I think that counts as recent), other than getting my first 2 tattoos, I went skydiving in San Antonio, zip lining in Jamaica, hiked the knifes edge of Mt Katahdin in ME, went to Hawaii to visit my daughter who is a nurse in the Army, raised almost $8,000 for pancreatic cancer research in memory of my wifes mother and sister who both died from the disease, purchased a sweet 12' travel trailer and started camping with my wife (something we both did growing up). That's my short list of recent awesome things I've done (at least awesome to me :) )

Im not even going and I am so effing pumped! This is what life is about folks!!!

Good luck buddy. I bookmarked as well in hopes of hearing some weird ass stories.

Do you have any goal areas you want to check out? Or plans to leave europe/go to Asia?

Well I have always just crossed germany by car, so this time I plan on taking my time exploring the neighboring country. After that I plan on going to Austria, Swiss and maybe Italy. Then see if I can go back north via the other side of Germany and stopping by in Berlin and chill there for a bit, and then hit up some mates I met last year while i was in Sweden in the summer. They invited me to go roadtripping with them through scandinavia. If I haven't got tired of living out of a backpack by then Ill probably cross the pond to meet up with some people i met in hostels who live in the UK. Then I'll probably return home, repack, get a new passport since mine expires in a year or so. I will either settle down in normal life again, or go crazy hitchhiking and see if i can reach Asia, but that is all many nights away from now ;). Just orderd my bivy, it arrives in 6 days and then I will take it for a test in the Dunes, about 10km away from my hometown. I'll be taking pictures and write an article on my blog about that when done.

Thanks again for all the support and interest you guys show! You're amazing people and if any of you happen to live near the roads I will follow, by all means give me a shout and we can go for a beer or something