Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

just came home from my birthday dinner and in the mail i recieved a greyhound "road rewards card", that i didnt even ask for. now, i dont only get 10 percent off of all of my trips, i get 10 percent off of all beverages and meals too. if you knew me, this was a long time coming. lord knows ive put in a lot of miles and paid too many dues over the years riding the lines.

just came home from my birthday dinner and in the mail i recieved a greyhound "road rewards card", that i didnt even ask for. now, i dont only get 10 percent off of all of my trips, i get 10 percent off of all beverages and meals too. if you knew me, this was a long time coming. lord knows ive put in a lot of miles and paid too many dues over the years riding the lines.

Wait what is this and how do I get one? I take the greyhound 4 times a week!

PS we had a nice quick visit to New York, which ended with being notified, during our drive home, that we got the dream apartment that we applied for on Monday! It is a fucking palace of an abode at an insanely reasonable price and it will finally be enough space for all our books, art and animals!!! There are so many rooms that I'll never have to talk to Graeme again!!! Party at our house!!!!!!!!!

PS we had a nice quick visit to New York, which ended with being notified, during our drive home, that we got the dream apartment that we applied for on Monday! It is a fucking palace of an abode at an insanely reasonable price and it will finally be enough space for all our books, art and animals!!! There are so many rooms that I'll never have to talk to Graeme again!!! Party at our house!!!!!!!!!

Whoa! PArty @ Pugilist & Graeme's new place!!!! I'd SO be there...if they'd let me in Kanada anymore. Ah well, congrats on the new crib!

But on the Dog four times a week...damn! I haven't been on one in close to forty years, and that's STILL too much!!!!

Place is like Downton Abbey. We should have a post-tattoo convention party there where everybody can hang out alone in their own room and the servants can bring them drinks.

I can't even imagine the gossip the servants will spread about us.

Re: the greyhound, yeah... I work in a different city from where I live, and I have a good little routine down with the bus at this point. It's so isolating I get a lot of work done on there, but I also get like, double the colds I used to. Some days I really really think I should start a blog about shit you see and hear on that damn bus though.

honestly, i have no idea how i got the card. but i laughed my ass off when i saw it. has my name on it and everthing. like im solidified now. so the next time im riding the lines and somebody tries to test my g (greyhound), im pulling out the card and being like "hey. step off. newjack". but it could also do with miles too maybe. because i dont fly at all and have logged in some serious long rides. and if youre really on greyhound all of the time, you need to start a blog. would be awsome. the greyhound is amazing (if youre in an alright mood). part of why i thought that this card was so great is the stories i have for my friends (see above; guy on drugs attacking me for no reason), and how theyll push me to write about it (i write shit). and you gotta have a routine down. whenever i think i know how to travel like a pro, im learning something new.

just spent my saturday extracting DNA from a road killed Giant Salamander and a Rough-skinned Newt. i remember when we found those two as well (while herping), which was kind of sad, but at least their squished little bodies are helping 20 adults learn how to do Long PCR.

That sounds like so much fun!

Totally. That's a super good idea that I hadn't considered at all. I'll look into Kickstarter and all of those various other sites that for sure.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

if you've got some other creative friends who can help you put a video together, it tends to help a lot!

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like so much fun!

it was sort of fun, in a geeky/nerdy way. however, field work still trumps lab work for me.

not sure if i should post this in the drunk people threat or this threat. Turned 20, went to the pub with all mhy friends. Good times. Pauwel Kwak is my new favourit beer. My friends are awesome and if this is how the rest of my no more teenager years are, it's gonna be a blast

• 2 weeks later...

Got a one way train ticket to Cologne, Germany for this friday morning. From there I will start my backpacking/hitchhiking adventure through Europe. I'm currently looking for a couchsurf location for the first day.

These past 2-2,5ish months of preparation went by so insanely fast, can't believe that in 2 days I will be living out of a backpack. It's absolutely terrifying, but I couldn't be more excited for something. Next time I'll post something on LST, it will be from the road.

Life of a drifter in Europe for updates on my travels

@ThaliaCamille how is the carpe diem life going for you so far? Have you been able to find other work yet?

Got a one way train ticket to Cologne, Germany for this friday morning. From there I will start my backpacking/hitchhiking adventure through Europe. I'm currently looking for a couchsurf location for the first day.

These past 2-2,5ish months of preparation went by so insanely fast, can't believe that in 2 days I will be living out of a backpack. It's absolutely terrifying, but I couldn't be more excited for something. Next time I'll post something on LST, it will be from the road.

Life of a drifter in Europe for updates on my travels

@ThaliaCamille how is the carpe diem life going for you so far? Have you been able to find other work yet?

Man... very slowly, compared to yours! My health being so crappy right now, I'm just focusing on getting my degree finished and doing little things to feel better, so no job. It sucks being too poor for tattoos, but it's really liberating having no obligations 5 days of the week! I did enter a pageant, though, which is insane and something I never thought I'd do.

Good luck with the travels, it's an unusual and exciting thing you're about to do!