Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

We moved. We moved from a narrow, carpeted, shoe-boxy apartment with blue and purple walls where the landlords (who were nice enough) lived downstairs, to a bright, open, tiled-kitchen and new wood floors apartment with a shared backyard that is pet friendly where our friends live below us and a super nice couple below them and where it doesn't feel like mom and dad/landlords live. I painted. We hired movers. From here on out I will always paint and hire movers. I'm turning this little alcove into a walk-in closet. We have a big ass rug coming soon. We're a block away from a nice park and in July after vacationy stuff we'll most likely foster and adopt a dog. I like our new hood more than I thought, too. DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTER.

Stoked for you guys! Congrats on the new place :D

We have had our second rescue/adoptee dog coming up 10 days now , he's a five month Staff x .

I mostly foster the seniors. I've lost three over the last several years and have three more that no one wants so they will be here until they pass too. I also have one that was so abused she's still scared of me after four years of constant love and patience. I'm not a violent person but God help anyone I ever see abusing an animal because I don't think I could stop myself from beating them senseless.

I was in a clothes shop in Coventry Garden a couple days ago and a shop assistant showed me his sleeve. What was cool about it is that it was vintage Thomas Hooper- from when he was on Into You..! Very ornate, still perfect after 7 years or so.

I got tattooed in TFB (progress on my arm, Mo Coppoletta) and we spun by FST briefly to look in. My fiancé is booked in with Stewart next month.

I've added running into my routine and will be doing my first 5k this month.

I've also been organizing a memorial celebration for my friend Shannon Larratt here in Philly with approx 200 people signed up so far. On the same day as my 5k. Going to be a long day.

But the upside is we've had a lot of vendors donate raffle items, with 100% of the monies raised going to his daughter Ari, so... totally worth it.

I did something awesome yesterday:

537013_10151545265469839_1981318350_n.jpg

Ed spoke at an SF museum about "tattoo culture." It wasn't promoted very well--there were only about 15 people there--but that made it cooler for me.

Then I saw Tattoo Nation a few hours later. Great day all around.

PS @Doug Hardy, I'm wearing one of your pins on my jacket. :)

I mostly foster the seniors. I've lost three over the last several years and have three more that no one wants so they will be here until they pass too. I also have one that was so abused she's still scared of me after four years of constant love and patience. I'm not a violent person but God help anyone I ever see abusing an animal because I don't think I could stop myself from beating them senseless.

You are a saint, good sir. People who adopt seniors or dogs who are otherwise difficult to adopt out have larger hearts than I have.

ChrisvK; i just read your blog...and dude, good luck!! seems like a fun adventure! if your travels take you north by any chance you're welcome to stay!

I might take you up on this offer sooner then i thought.. Im currently in Slovenia kicking it with some squatters but I plan on heading up north in May, I guess the weather will be slightly better by then ;) we should go for a beer for sure!

I started wearing a shirt and tie to work for no other reason than I reached a level of maturity where I now realize that the nicer I dress the easier it is to convince other people that I know what I'm talking about (even when I don't have a clue).

Yesterday the rain in Philly was crazy and my jeans got soaked commuting in.

So I spent three hours at work in my underwear. Dealing with vendors. USPS. Staff.

I was going to put a tie on, but that would have been weird.

Random musings.