Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Grats to Scott :)

I've been teaching my 7 and 9 year old kickboxing and jiujitsu. They are really good kids, but I'm waiting for the call from the school telling me that my daughter choked out a boy on the playground.

At work I had a drunk, geriatric ex- SF 49'er smack my tattoo'd arm and ask "what is that stupid crap?" That had me laughing for a while.

I'm teaching my first lecture course, after three years of teaching only language classes. It's even the same course that made me think, "I want to be a professor when I grow up," as an undergrad. It's an intensive, 2.5 hr/5 day a week version of it--which is a pretty intense workload, but it seems to be going well. I don't want to be in academia for much longer, but I am still SO STOKED that I got the chance to teach this one!

signed a lease and am moving in with my girlfriend on July 1st. excited about having a "nice" place for the first time in my life. it is a 1 bed 1 bath with a small kitchen but a huge room that will be used as a combined living/dinning area and a little nook that will be set up as a office area. also really high ceilings (10 or 12 feet) so plenty of room for my growing print/flash collection, just need to convince my girlfriend that some of the dragon prints aren't as scary looking as she thinks they are.

Awesome, @BrianH! We are moving July 1st too. We just visited our new place this evening to take measurements and get a sense of what we can fit in there and what we want to do to it, and we're psyched! It's almost double the space we have now. Although I am a bit freaked, because I think it's going to take a LOT to set it up nicely - the whooooooole thing needs to be painted, among other things, and it's a pretty generous 3 bedroom!

Awesome, @BrianH! We are moving July 1st too. We just visited our new place this evening to take measurements and get a sense of what we can fit in there and what we want to do to it, and we're psyched! It's almost double the space we have now. Although I am a bit freaked, because I think it's going to take a LOT to set it up nicely - the whooooooole thing needs to be painted, among other things, and it's a pretty generous 3 bedroom!

saw the photo and the "blueprint" you posted on instagram and it looks like a great place!

a new place is exciting but I'm realizing it will be a ton of work to get things set up before we feel settled in. The tenant before us was a older lady who hand an extensive collection of trash (she was a hoarder), but luckily the building owner is thoroughly cleaning and repainting the entire apartment before we move in. Then we have to hunt down some nicer inexpensive furniture because want we have now will look like a mixed matched pile of crap. I'm sure there will be some intense negotiations on what to get and where to put it haha.

saw the photo and the "blueprint" you posted on instagram and it looks like a great place!

a new place is exciting but I'm realizing it will be a ton of work to get things set up before we feel settled in. The tenant before us was a older lady who hand an extensive collection of trash (she was a hoarder), but luckily the building owner is thoroughly cleaning and repainting the entire apartment before we move in. Then we have to hunt down some nicer inexpensive furniture because want we have now will look like a mixed matched pile of crap. I'm sure there will be some intense negotiations on what to get and where to put it haha.

It sounds like you guys are in a similar place to us - we need to get the place in shape after FOUR students lived there for several years. We literally had to like, climb over stuff just to take basic measurements yesterday! Yikes. Good luck - moving in with your partner is the best!

harry878, get some really scary biker falsh, skulls, swastikas...whatnot you know, then she'll mind that and not the dragons!

pugilist, the catwall i've heard about is going to happen right?

Ah, somehow I missed this comment. Yes, of course it is going to happen.

YES!!!! haha i like cats...

Your cats are assholes though haha!

Awesome thing i have been doing? Hitchiked to my hometown in the Netherlands yesterday with my girlfriend. We made it in 15 hours. First time in 2 months since I've been home. Feels good to be back. We will be here for about 2 weeks and next month we will pay @Johannes a visit again. Hanging out with him will guarantee the best of times!

Your cats are assholes though haha!

Awesome thing i have been doing? Hitchiked to my hometown in the Netherlands yesterday with my girlfriend. We made it in 15 hours. First time in 2 months since I've been home. Feels good to be back. We will be here for about 2 weeks and next month we will pay @Johannes a visit again. Hanging out with him will guarantee the best of times!

Now, if you could figure out how to get to the States for free...I'll be here for ya buddy!