Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

in about 10 days my girlfriend and I will hitchike up north to visit @Johannes again in Gothenburg. So im pretty stoked for that! We also made plans for later in the summer to hitchhike from Budapest in Hungary through Czech, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania to the northern part of Estonia and back to Germany from there.

What's also pretty sweet is that I found a way to embed a paypal donate button on my hitchiker facebook page so I hope that will generate a little bit of extra income for on the road. All and all im really excited for the next few months!

I have hitched a bit through Eastern Europe and I HIGHLY recommend hitting the former Yugo too! Slovenia was seriously the easiest and most pleasant place I have ever done it. Every second car will stop for you and they'll all be amazing people that you'll like, end up going to dinner with.

I have hitched a bit through Eastern Europe and I HIGHLY recommend hitting the former Yugo too! Slovenia was seriously the easiest and most pleasant place I have ever done it. Every second car will stop for you and they'll all be amazing people that you'll like, end up going to dinner with.

awesome :D

well i have the oposite expierence with Slovenia haha, when i hitched there about 1,5 months ago I broke my record for longest time waiting at the same gasstation and highway entrance.. Twice.. once i waited 6 hours and once 9. Ive found Germany and Denmark really easy for hitchhiking, cant wait to try eastern Europe more though:)

If anyone is interested in the link to the facebook page i made with travel pictures and stuff sent me a PM, i think ive spammed this forum more then enough with it haha

so,I don't know if this is "awesome" or not,but every year on my & my wife's wedding anniversary,I get a gift for her from the "traditional" wedding gift list,and this year,this is our 6th and it's "iron",so I searched for a while and found a "meteorite" pendant which is 93% iron,to give to my hot wife on the 23rd of june.

it's a small chunk of an actual meteorite with a soldered on ring to wear for a necklace.

so,I don't know if this is "awesome" or not,but every year on my & my wife's wedding anniversary,I get a gift for her from the "traditional" wedding gift list,and this year,this is our 6th and it's "iron",so I searched for a while and found a "meteorite" pendant which is 93% iron,to give to my hot wife on the 23rd of june.

it's a small chunk of an actual meteorite with a soldered on ring to wear for a necklace.

Sounds nice! My husband and I just celebrated our 6th on 5/26. We have been going by the list (choosing from either "traditional" or "modern") until this year... I didn't want anything iron so he just got me a shirt I wanted, but I did get him a shaver he wanted that's metal so that was close enough for us haha. For paper I got him Red Sox tickets, that was a good one.

Happy anniversary!

Sounds nice! My husband and I just celebrated our 6th on 5/26. We have been going by the list (choosing from either "traditional" or "modern") until this year... I didn't want anything iron so he just got me a shirt I wanted, but I did get him a shaver he wanted that's metal so that was close enough for us haha. For paper I got him Red Sox tickets, that was a good one.

Happy anniversary!

thanks ! you too..

Well this isn't something awesome I've done, but I was definitely a part of it. My fiancé recently recorded his first studio album of his own compositions. Some of the songs have been in development for 10 years, so it has been really exciting going through this journey with him.

If any one is into jazz fusion (with some rock and Latin influences) you can check out his album on iTunes (it's also on Spotify). He plays drums n the album.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/tarantula-dance/id660104984

(Sorry for the promotion, but its just so awesome and exciting!)

Haven't done it YET.. but. Departing on a big trip tomorrow: Iceland for 10 days, boat to the Faroes, two days there and then boat to Denmark, train to Berlin, 4 days there and last 4 days in Prague. Will be traveling with a friend from across seas. With the same friend I just spent 4 days in Paris with (came home yesterday).

Also booking London Tattoo Convention trip with my brother for this autumn, and then on to Amsterdam and then I travel alone to Serbia to meet some friends, train past Trieste (Rudy Fritsch, yeah!) and last to Florence to pick olives with my X.

Probably going to Chile this winter too.

2013: the year of traveling.

putting this here because there were all those "parent-child" tattoo days posts recently and I don't know where else this would fit.

My daughter's 18th birthday is coming up - we were having lunch the other day and I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she hemmed and hawed a little bit but eventually says "well, since you're all into tattoos, I was kinda hoping you'd pay for a tattoo for me".

Awww! Kinda sweet right?

Honestly though, I'm a little bit on the fence about it. What she really needs is money. She's not working right now... she's flat broke and living on ramen noodles and canned green beans...

(when I asked her what she wanted I was sure "money" would be her answer)

Hmmm...

I'm thinking on it...

Not sure yet what I'll do.

I think when you're super broke someone being able to pay for a "treat" is very much appreciated!

@else just as info, my daddy/daughter tattoo day was funded by me. The kid had her heart set on a Homeward Bound tattoo, but was resigned to putting it off this year because of trying to remodel her house. It was a unexpected treat for her and a great memory for me. (And I got Woodchuck Norris!!!!)

I think when you're super broke someone being able to pay for a "treat" is very much appreciated!

Second this! When I was super broke a couple years ago, I think I'd have appreciated the treat of a new tattoo even more than better groceries. Though my priorities have always been a little off!

Well this isn't something awesome I've done, but I was definitely a part of it. My fiancé recently recorded his first studio album of his own compositions. Some of the songs have been in development for 10 years, so it has been really exciting going through this journey with him.

If any one is into jazz fusion (with some rock and Latin influences) you can check out his album on iTunes (it's also on Spotify). He plays drums n the album.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/tarantula-dance/id660104984

(Sorry for the promotion, but its just so awesome and exciting!)

Fusion has been my favorite genre for the last 10 years or so, so thanks for this and just downloaded. Love the fact they're using a lot of acoustic piano and clean guitar. Really nice, actually. If Mike is the kind of musician who does not avoid listening to his contemporaries, have him check out Johnny Vidacovich and Astral Project. I think he'll enjoy it a lot.

putting this here because there were all those "parent-child" tattoo days posts recently and I don't know where else this would fit.

My daughter's 18th birthday is coming up - we were having lunch the other day and I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she hemmed and hawed a little bit but eventually says "well, since you're all into tattoos, I was kinda hoping you'd pay for a tattoo for me".

Awww! Kinda sweet right?

Honestly though, I'm a little bit on the fence about it. What she really needs is money. She's not working right now... she's flat broke and living on ramen noodles and canned green beans...

(when I asked her what she wanted I was sure "money" would be her answer)

Hmmm...

I'm thinking on it...

Not sure yet what I'll do.

Have you decided yet? If you do pay for the tattoo, does this mean you can choose the artist?

I'm currently road tripping across America with my girlfriend, it'll be about 10 weeks in total, coast to coast, seen some amazing things so far and we've only made it to New Orleans. Still got to head north, she's from Wisconsin so it'll be a family 4th of July. Then back down the east coast. It's quite a country you've got here!

most awesome: re-discovered the band breach and their record it's me god. good shit. now waiting for chrisVK to get his skinny white ass to sweden

Well you don't have to wait much longer! My girl and I will probably start hitchhiking again on sunday so tuesday,wednesday or something you can see my pretty whiteboy ass again ;)

Woop Woop!

I went to Ed Hardy's book signing Friday night after work, but I had an hour or so to kill beforehand, so I stopped by Tattoo City on the way. Mary Joy, Jen Lee and Kahlil were there, and Mary was kind enough to offer me a shop tour. I got tattooed there once about 10 years ago, but I didn't get a guided tour of all the incredible original flash (including OGs by Sailor Jerry, Bert Grimm, and several Hardy sheets, some of which were signed "Ed Talbott"). We walked over to the signing, which was great. I got a book, which Ed graciously signed, then talked for a while with the always affable Doug Hardy and saw Ross Jones, Bill and Junii Salmon, Dr. Claw, and Shad (Horitskukikage), who was in town visiting the Diamond Club.

Doug and Mary pointed out various people in attendance, including V. Vale (who published the Modern Primitives book), a guy who has a mid-70s backpiece from Ed, and Ron Nagle, a ceramics artist who also did all the sound effects for The Exorcist.

So yeah. That's an awesome thing I did (although I was the least awesome aspect of it).

Had a fun day yesterday.

Mrs Civil and I have been taking n00b roller skating classes this month and had a really good one, yesterday.

Later in the day, I helped set up for roller derby and then attended the roller derby finale/championships. It was AWESOME. The grudge match between two of the teams was an epic battle. And the championships themselves were brilliant! There one team (the Pink Pistols) that usually wins most games and they did again but it wasn't a walkover...the Hula Honeys fought HARD, came oh so close to winning and ended up barely losing, 143-135...