Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Good for you! I was writing a book, but my external hard drive got wiped so I lost everything. So I just gave up lol but ive been thinking of writing narratives of a song of I e and fire that weren't included but mentioned to get back in the swing of writing. You just inspired me to try again!

Oh man, that's the worst! I might want to give up if my hard drive had been wiped of all my hard work, as well. Glad you got inspired again!

putting this here because there were all those "parent-child" tattoo days posts recently and I don't know where else this would fit.

My daughter's 18th birthday is coming up - we were having lunch the other day and I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she hemmed and hawed a little bit but eventually says "well, since you're all into tattoos, I was kinda hoping you'd pay for a tattoo for me".

Awww! Kinda sweet right?

Honestly though, I'm a little bit on the fence about it. What she really needs is money. She's not working right now... she's flat broke and living on ramen noodles and canned green beans...

(when I asked her what she wanted I was sure "money" would be her answer)

Hmmm...

I'm thinking on it...

Not sure yet what I'll do.

My Sweet Pea decided to be responsible, so instead of buying her a tattoo I paid her rent for July and bought her a bunch of groceries (and a couple things to unwrap of course!!)

BUT!! Total win!! She decided that she wants to wait until she gets back to Denver to get her first tattoo so that she can have Marie Sena do it :D

Hooray!!

I recently found a place on the south side of San Antonio called rolando's super tacos... I am now eating there weekly even though it's on the complete opposite side of town. Here are some photos from this taco joint... Not only are these things huge but they also taste incredible!

We were also so pumped we got super taco tattoos. My friend Greg was visiting from Lancaster so he and I traded and then my ollady and buddy got one too.

Cheers!

I'm just coming off an awesome weekend in Quebec. I'm a working musician and play in a band called Jon Knight and Soulstack. If you are into a roots/rock/soul/blues/ kinda thang, check us out on the interwebs.

We just played at the Montreal Jazz Festival and Mont Tremblant International Blues Festival on Saturday and Sunday respectively to fabulous crowds that energized us and inspired us to play the majority of our asses off ;) It was a blast !

Actually just found this vid of our Montreal show on Youtube. Check it out if ya have any interest. I might be the guy playing the gold guitar ;P

I got married yesterday. Does that count?

Congratulations!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! Thanks, Hogg. It really was awesome. We are heading to Chicago this summer for a honeymoon just in time to stop by and see the new Great Lakes shop and hopefully get a new tattoo there to celebrate.

Now THAT's a honeymoon!!! ;)