Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I never got a push present. I do get rather spoilt throughout the year though.

Editing to add that the town I live in has a bit of money and it's no biggie for people to drop 20K on a trip overseas once a year. Someone I knew requested a trip to Disneyland (considering that's a flight to the US as well as spending money and accommodation it's fairly pricey from Australia). One lady I knew hosted a $15,000 first birthday party for her daughter. Personally I'd rather put the money away for the child's future or put it on the mortgage...

I'm just getting into Ball Pythons and all the insane morphs you can create via selective breeding.

So far I have these 4...

This is a Sugar Ball Python

DSC_3121_zpse828faf5.jpg

This is a Fire Ball Python

DSC_3114_zps1fb73c62.jpg

This is an Enchi Ball Python

DSC_3113-2_zpsce026958.jpg

This is a Piebald Ball Python

BPPied13F6_zpsbfa984e8.jpg

Wednesday I'm expecting a pair of High Contrast Albino Ball Pythons, here is the female...

IMG_1001_zps15818fa0.jpg

and next Wednesday I'm expecting these 2 from a breeder in Montana...

Black Pastel Ball Python

13BlkPsF1_zpsd64a7cbd.jpg

Leopard Ball Python

13LeoF1_sm_zps2d17de4a.jpg

Check this out, this is the offspring of a Leopard and I believe a Pastel Ball Python. All of these names I'm using refer to the gene they carry. This guy doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how awesome these guys can get! I'm hooked!! :D..

1001424_574132599309777_83516797_n_zps659b0b26.jpg

@Iwar, you'll have to check them out when you come by and pick me up on the way to SF!!

In terms of awesome experiences, I had a wonderful life moment this past weekend. I'll try to cut a long story short. Wish me luck ;)

As a bit of back story, I posted in this thread last month that I am a guitar player by trade and played the Montreal Jazz Festival with the band "Soulstack" (by far my favourite band of the handful that I work with). There is a video of that show in that post if anyone cares to check it out.

Anyway, we had a road trip this weekend to play at a couple of festivals in Quebec and Ontario respectively. Our first show was in Donnacona, Quebec on Friday night but we drove up Thursday so as not to be rushed and be fresh for our show the next day. We pulled in to our 2 star motel in the middle of nowhere QC at around midnight after an 11 hour drive. We settled in and had some well deserved beers.

A little more backstory. Johnny Winter is a famed blues guitarist/singer from Texas with a long and storied career and is still out on the road at the age of 70 or so. He has been my ultimate superhero since I was 8 years old. That in itself is a long story hahaha...Let's just say that he has been one of the most important musical inspirations in my life.

We knew that Johnny was playing the same festival that evening and joked that there was no chance he would be staying at the same kinda lame motel as us. Turns out we were wrong ;) One of my bandmates was out for a smoke and sent me a text saying "Dude! Johnny Winter is here!" I ran out to the parking lot to see a modest motorhome and through the blinded window I saw the long white hair of the man. I was freaked. I am shamefully star struck I must admit, even though I fully understand the absurdity of being so. At that point, I went back to my room and kinda paced around for a while not believing the circumstances I had found myself in. I had the door propped open and I saw Johnny walk past on the way to his room 2 doors down! More freaked!!!!

I overheard their road manager tell the band that they would be leaving at 10am. I was in the lobby by 830 lol. I am very shy by nature and have missed out on a great deal of cool experiences because of it but, I could not live wth myself had I not made the effort to meet my hero, especially since the opportunity had really just fallen into my lap ( I do belive things happen for a reason and don't belive in coinsidence;)

As he fired up the motorhome, I asked guitarist/road manager Paul if there was a chance I could meet Mr. Winter. He said that Johnny would be coming out at 10 to get onboard and that once he got settled in, I could come in and say hi. I was scared shitless but so fucking stoked. I got on the 'bus', said a few words, shook his hand and got a pic taken with him. I had a million thngs I wanted to say but, I didn't wanna be that guy so I said very little and have no regrets. I just wanted to be in his presence for a moment and not be a bother. He was sweet and gracious. It felt like a dream to me and still does.

If anyone reads this far, thank you for indulging me hahaha...Writing it out has helped to digest the experince a little more;)

I'll post a pic from my meeting and also, as an aside lol, a link about Mr. Winter's cool tattoos.

If you scroll down, you can find the entire article from Tattoo mag. Pretty cool!

http://www.yee.ch/winter/Mags/winter_mags_1989.html

@ian Those are gorgeous snakes!!! The Piebald and Black Pastel are unreal, I had no idea that there were so many varieties within the species. I don't know if you have ever heard of black-eyed leucistic ball pythons, but those are also quite striking. When living circumstances allow, I'd like to have a snake again. I understand that ball pythons are pretty social snakes, yeah?

@ian Those are gorgeous snakes!!! The Piebald and Black Pastel are unreal, I had no idea that there were so many varieties within the species. I don't know if you have ever heard of black-eyed leucistic ball pythons, but those are also quite striking. When living circumstances allow, I'd like to have a snake again. I understand that ball pythons are pretty social snakes, yeah?

Black Eyed Leucistic are beautiful snakes and I'd love to produce one in the future. Believe it or not they are a result of mating 2 Fires, here's a repost of my Fire from above...

DSC_3114_zps1fb73c62.jpg

And a BEL for anyone curious...

BPBlueEyedLucy09F1_zps0641e26c.jpg

As far as their demeanor they're pretty mellow. You can tell when they're a little pissy and may strike. All and all if you know how to handle them you're pretty safe :D

I'm just getting into Ball Pythons and all the insane morphs you can create via selective breeding.

So far I have these 4...

This is a Sugar Ball Python

DSC_3121_zpse828faf5.jpg

This is a Fire Ball Python

DSC_3114_zps1fb73c62.jpg

This is an Enchi Ball Python

DSC_3113-2_zpsce026958.jpg

This is a Piebald Ball Python

BPPied13F6_zpsbfa984e8.jpg

Wednesday I'm expecting a pair of High Contrast Albino Ball Pythons, here is the female...

IMG_1001_zps15818fa0.jpg

and next Wednesday I'm expecting these 2 from a breeder in Montana...

Black Pastel Ball Python

13BlkPsF1_zpsd64a7cbd.jpg

Leopard Ball Python

13LeoF1_sm_zps2d17de4a.jpg

Check this out, this is the offspring of a Leopard and I believe a Pastel Ball Python. All of these names I'm using refer to the gene they carry. This guy doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how awesome these guys can get! I'm hooked!! :D..

1001424_574132599309777_83516797_n_zps659b0b26.jpg

@Iwar, you'll have to check them out when you come by and pick me up on the way to SF!!

If you ever need someone to bounce some ideas off, me and a friend had a business for almost 8 years of selling and breeding morphs of ball pythons and boas. He is still going, but I have since stepped out of the business. I could also introduce you to some people that might be really helpful as well. I absolutely love ball pythons and the various morphs. Just PM me.

@guitguy - excellent encounter. Definitely jealous.

We saw Johnny about 5-6 years ago at a show in his hometown of Beaumont. He was so frail at the time the crew had to carry him out to center stage on a chair and then bring him his guitar. After the fabulous show they picked his chair back up and carried him away. Actually made me cry. It's amazing he's stayed alive so long.

@guitguy - excellent encounter. Definitely jealous.

We saw Johnny about 5-6 years ago at a show in his hometown of Beaumont. He was so frail at the time the crew had to carry him out to center stage on a chair and then bring him his guitar. After the fabulous show they picked his chair back up and carried him away. Actually made me cry. It's amazing he's stayed alive so long.

It is sad to see someone who was once so vital and dynamic loose a few steps. I saw him in that period as well and felt the same way. While he kinda looks like hell, he is actually doing a lot better now than then. He has put on some weight and seems pretty lucid. He still has a hard time getting around on his own and he's very nearly blind (and has been for years) but, he saw my hand as I extended it to him to shake. I did not get to hear him play this time around as our shows were the day after his on both festivals. I did see him 2 years ago at my hometown's blues festival and he was fantastic. The first time I saw him was in '84. He played a club here in town and I got in with fake ID as a 16 year old hahaha.....it changed my life!

@ian The breeding potential in fires are pretty amazing. I was doing a bit of reading about them upon looking into snakes I'm interested in raising. You've probably already seen this website, but there's a huge list of designer morphs that are pretty unreal. Constrictors Unlimited- Pythonregius.com - Designer Morphs Available Now

In my experience, I think most snakes are pretty docile when they're well-fed and socialized regularly. I definitely want to follow your breeds, feel free to share progress!

@Pleadco Aaahhh that's adorable!!!! I've always loved that about snakes, they have so much personality as far as reptiles go. Do you have pictures?

@ian The breeding potential in fires are pretty amazing. I was doing a bit of reading about them upon looking into snakes I'm interested in raising. You've probably already seen this website, but there's a huge list of designer morphs that are pretty unreal. Constrictors Unlimited- Pythonregius.com - Designer Morphs Available Now

In my experience, I think most snakes are pretty docile when they're well-fed and socialized regularly. I definitely want to follow your breeds, feel free to share progress!

@Pleadco Aaahhh that's adorable!!!! I've always loved that about snakes, they have so much personality as far as reptiles go. Do you have pictures?

It is crazy looking at all the morphs out now. I personally know some of the biggest breeders in the business and they will hold morphs and breed them to everything under the sun then slowly release the results for sale so they are always three years ahead of the trends. In any event, when I got out of the business spider ball pythons were selling for around 10k and there were only three banana balls known to the public. Pretty crazy to see the prices now and the sheer amount of morphs. Piebalds are still one of my favorite morphs.

I'm so happy I can visit this thread and not be bombarded with images of snakes! Biggest fear! I started shaking scrolling through the last page yesterday... I was like when does it end???? I had to cover my eyes and try to click away Haha sorry to every one who loves snakes...

I think you need a snake tattoo. Maybe a snake with a dagger through it will properly express your feelings towards snakes.