Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Wife and I are working out a contract to help a national guards man out by renting his home for 2.5 years while he's in PA school. We were planning on buying a home in a year or two but this is exciting cause its in the woods on 10achers of land and its cheap rent. More time to figure out what I want to buy and enjoy living in the vermont woods for a few years. I need a few years of some isolation with my wife and dog after work and in weekends.

1) Yesterday I got my teeth cleaned and found out my gums were in excellent health.

2) Got a glycolic peel and facial and didn't even turn red. No breakouts today.

3) Had lunch at this great little cafe/bakery and got cupcakes for guys at the tattoo shop. The cafe gave me free soup.

4) Got a nice tattoo.

5) Got my cat her favorite treats and a $5 coupon.

6) Got nice name brand luggage, a casual blouse, socks, and long underwear for under $60.

7) Treated myself to a rare bit of Taco Bell, Crunchwrap, no sour cream. It was amazing.

I decided to extend my trip to Chile in the coming spring to also include Japan, New York and Barcelona. Feels like a very exciting decision! Except for Barcelona I know people that I can stay with :)

edit: that is, if you want to go from Japan to Santiago you need to transfer some place, NYC is the cheapest. To fly back to Europe it is less expensive if you land in Barcelona. Basically I get three more destinations for the same price as my original plan. Nowadays I make sure to plan my trips out with Rome2rio: discover how to get anywhere, very practical!</shameless plug)

You're eating at taco bell. All nutritional concerns go out the window.

My iron and protein concerns never go far. ;)

Let's see: Today is payday, which is cool.

Had a four mile run with my 70 year old dad, 8:15 minute miles. Took the cat on a peaceful woodland walk and had oatmeal with raspberries after.

Came to a conclusion about a family member that I've got to cut her off; she was literally screaming at me I was a no good trouble-maker while I was GIVING her money. I was going to give her an ultimatum to remain in my life, but she can't be trusted. I have to learn (like my stupid, stupid father) that people don't feel the way I feel, and they don't care about the things I care about, and love, honor, and fidelity don't mean much to a lot of people. I don't want those people in my life, regardless of genetic connection.

Talked to Mr. Muscles. It's nice caring about someone in terms of a relationship, not looking over my shoulder, worrying if I'm being used. It's comfortable. It's a nice feeling.

I have to pop into a meeting today, and I'll get my schedule for November at the same time. I'll text my artist after this and schedule getting the other thigh done so it can heal before my trip with Mr. Muscles. The left leg looks just beautiful.

I adopted the most utterly adorable leopard gecko last night. I've been wanting a snake again for some time, so I think this will be a good transition. It's previous owner was a piece of shit who neglected the poor thing. One of its eyeballs was dried out like a raisin, it's missing a bunch of toenails from joint suffocation, and its tank was filthy with shit, dead crickets, and dead maggots.

Gonna pick up some crickets today, I have no idea when was the last time it ate. Kinda stressing on the possibility of it getting sick from its previous conditions, and hoping more toes don't fall off (there's still shed skin stuck on em).

But I'm in love with it and can't wait til it's all settled in. LOOK HOW CUTE!!!!!!

21n2u7n.jpg

Had fun re-purposing toilet paper rolls into cute monsters with my kindergartners...also dressed up like a "teacher stereotype" for halloween. That took some explaining to our students. We joked with the class that instead of having a party we were going to have them write a thousand sentences. When they started to protest, we taught them to sing "You gotta fight for your right to party". It was a fun day.

Trixie, I love those crazy stereotypical teacher outfits! I went crazy and wore scrub bottoms and a Halloween-themed teeshirt to work (a la one of our punk rock nurses who wears really cool shirts and sort of gets away with stuff because she's really awesome at her job). That's as crazy as I got on Halloween. ;)

(Still had to wear the coat over it.)

When i left home 5 months ago to go hitchhiking around i would have never guessed I'd be looking for an appartment in Vienna, Austria, with a girl I met on the side of the highway somewhere in Austria but that is exactly what we will be doing tomorrow. We have an appointment to look at a sweet place in the center that won't eat all our savings. Today we hitchhike over there. Pretty nervous for the whole moving to another country thing but extremely stoked at the same time.

Wish us luck!

Been a while since i posted anything on this forum but the whole moving thing was a bit stressful at times. Now i work in a bakery/cafe and make some good money + tips and free bread, we met a lot of awesome people here and the city is just great in general. Anyone ever in the Vienna area give me a call and ill let you crash on my couch ;)

My fiance is going to rehab for a month next week, so I have decided to spend the time he is away writing a letter to him telling the story of our relationship. I've been in a writing lull lately, but I think this will help me get through the next month with plenty of material and also will be a sort of catharsis for all the shittyness going on in our lives right now. We are en route to get married next summer or the following (should his sobriety stick this time around), so I'm hoping to give him this piece of writing as a wedding gift.

Sorry for getting so heavy on this thread, but I'm stoked to start working on this and think it's an "awesome thing" :) I'm a firm believer in finding and holding onto happiness in our darkest moments.