Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Just had reconstructive Jaw surgery a couple of days ago to fix my underbite. happy to finally have it after four years of braces. unfortunately I'll have no money for tattoos for sometime as the surgery was quite expensive.

heres a picture of the X-ray, the titanium plates remain in my face for life

• 2 weeks later...

I am a stout appreciator of the holiday season. My house smells awesome, the shop has christmas lights up, and we're getting a little tree! I have also just put an end to a really unhealthy relationship that I've been engaging for like 6 years, and while part of me is sad, the bigger part is like FUCK YEAH, I'M FREEEEE

@Wedge, very nice. I've lived NYC adjacent for so many years now and have never seen the tree. Did you see Phantom? My step-mother-in-law has been playing violin for that show for some ridiculous amount of years.

Yes @HaydenRose we saw Phantom, it was the first time I've seen a Broadway show although I've been to NY a million times. The show was amazing in every way.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back from our road trip down to Cali today. Stopped by Off the Map northwest on the way up through Oregon just to sight-see. Super nice shop/people. If the stars align I'll be headed back down in august to get a piece from Henrik Grysbjerg who will be guesting for a few days.

Crossing my fingers for a busy tattoo year!

Been pretty busy recently.

Driving cross country to California with my friend since he is moving there. Gunna hit Vegas for sure.

Taking the jeep out for a few days in the pine barrens for camping and off-roading.

Possibly picking up a 1969 CJ5 and breaking out the new millermatic to weld up some fun stuff.

I had really worked on getting fit in 2012 and it culminated in me completing a Tough Mudder that October. then the holidays came and I got out of the habit and never really could stay consistent in 2013. So now I'm trying to commit to doing more in 2014 and have completed my first day of a 30 burpies for 30 days challenge. That should get me back on track.

I had really worked on getting fit in 2012 and it culminated in me completing a Tough Mudder that October. then the holidays came and I got out of the habit and never really could stay consistent in 2013. So now I'm trying to commit to doing more in 2014 and have completed my first day of a 30 burpies for 30 days challenge. That should get me back on track.

I like the idea of that burpees challenge. I got into the best shape of my life in last 2012/early 2013 and was setting PRs at every distance from 5k to the marathon. Then I got stupid plantar fasciitis and have spent more time eating pizza than I should have...

Oh I am sort of jealous of you fitness dedicated folks. The holidays totally sucked that away from me and into piles of homemade cookies that are still circulating through my house. I'm not even sure how that's possible. Too many...

That being said, I did just get back from traveling in Israel. Woo!

1235252_10201317266718457_1726492710_n.jpg

That's the view of the Dead Sea, looking towards Jordan from the top of Masada.

It's been a little bit since I posted in here. Loving everything about my new surroundings. Great friends, great shop, healthy living, 20 minutes from any one of three mountain trails and 30 minutes from 3 more. Morning hike/runs every day at mentioned trails and snowboarding as much as possible. Getting the snowmobiles and trailer ready to go for next week.

Full moon sunrise panoramas are my new monthly mission

image_zpsc6718011.jpg

December

image_zps890e434f.jpg

January

I have a favorite little tree friend that I see every hike on Eagle Wind Trail. An awesome name, and named so for the Golden Eagle nests right on the crest of the ridge.

image_zpsf35dfc02.jpg

image_zps1beae609.jpg

image_zps9586de09.jpg

One of the other things I picked up at the deVita show

image_zps6e0eb269.jpg

image_zpsb7e6c201.jpg[/img]

image_zps7ac81aa3.jpg

Being responsible by making sure to have fun

image_zps51345d77.jpg

Multiple tatshop bro birthday party/shred at Vail, with the Feuerzangenbowle. Yeah, wiki that. Feuerzangenbowle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For some the ceremony is more important than the drink itself, celebrating the gathering of friends and conveying a notion of Gemütlichkeit.

Epic sunrises/sunsets

image_zps449e321f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A really cool art show I went to at the Botanical Gardens in the Bronx; at least 50 or 60 landmark NYC buildings and houses made of nothing but twigs, acorns, bark, pine cones, tree resin, etc. Only the glue is man made. Oh and it has whatever large scale trains going all through it. I was blown away.

image_zps5607be44.jpg

image_zpsb7c95525.jpg

image_zps2966129d.jpg

^the original Penn Station, for those of you non-New Yorkers. The size of these things are deceiving in the pics, they're huge.

image_zps56dbffe8.jpg

The little lighthouse under the GW bridge

image_zps86de9955.jpg

Guggenheim

- - - Updated - - -

damn 20 pic limit

- - - Updated - - -

When someone posts something, a word or whatever, I'll be able to show the other train show pics.

Thanks man!

image_zpsf317a34a.jpg

image_zpsbdd187dd.jpg

Original Yankee Stadium

image_zpsad7aacdf.jpg

image_zps96729e99.jpg

Manhattan Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, Hell's Gate Bridge, huge scale. Trains running everywhere.

image_zpse0e949a3.jpg

TWA terminal at JFK

image_zpsf658e16c.jpg

Radio City, Rockefeller Center, etc

image_zpsa69b1012.jpg

Detail of the façade at the NY Public Library

image_zps4bb09659.jpg

The Cloisters

image_zpsfcdf0395.jpg

St. John's

image_zps55fed3ac.jpg

Look at the creative ways to put it all together, such genius

Random idea; Any LST'ers that always wanted to visit Vienna in Austria? maybe to get something from https://www.facebook.com/viennaelectrictattoo?fref=ts or just to check the city out? hit me up and ill let you crash on my couch/bed thingie for a few days. I know from experience with @Johannes that meeting LST'ers is the best thing ever so yeah. Come party!

@irezumi Those sculptures are so cool. Looking at the New York Botanical Garden website, it seems like this is an annual thing? I'll have to get down for it at some point...if the King's Ave de Vita thing is an annual thing as well maybe I could go down and do both on the same trip.

Those sculptures remind me of a topiary exhibit the Montreal Botanical Gardens had this past summer. I thought it was super amazing to see this stunning examples of this art form that I only vaguely knew existed. Here are some pictures from it:

2nkhs1c.jpg

2v0h3sy.jpg

vzved1.jpg

20shicn.jpg

s61u2e.jpg

33yq4hx.jpg

The pictures don't really get the scale of them, the way they move in the breeze and fit in the landscape, but it was pretty incredible stuff. Sometimes people do some really fucking cool things.