Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Oh wow that's cool, I love the horses.

Yeah it's annual; the month of December and through a little of January. This year it came down on the 9th and the deVita show was on the 10th. I didn't do both of the same visit but it would've worked our perfect if I had.

Not sure if the dates are the same next year but you might luck out.

- - - Updated - - -

The first paragraph here has a link to a neat video of the making of the buildings and landmarks

http://www.nybg.org/home-holiday-train-show.php

I saw these donkeys on the way home from work the other day,seems like kind of crappy dry place to have to live IMO,not sure how well they are fed & watered,so we bought some fresh carrots,cabbage,& apples and brought that and some water down this morning and fed them the treats,as soon as we pulled over on the other side of the street they started walking over to us,so it appears we are not the only ones who do this ! LOL very cute & very friendly.I will keep carrots with me from now on and do this again for sure.

1553534_10200553074588627_1298713308_o.jpg

857880_10200553074948636_676595542_o.jpg

1496388_10200553074748631_550315856_o.jpg

1025948_10200553074788632_1000389995_o.jpg

1399231_10200553074988637_1711251878_o.jpg

1486055_10200553074868634_2097827813_o.jpg

1606314_10200553074668629_1284689466_o.jpg

this is my favorite pic

1519584_10200553074508625_469818121_o.jpg

i took the week off to go to the cottage and breath some fresh air and relax. recently i did the Warrior dash(5km mud race with obstacles) it was so amazing and im hooked! i want to eventually work my way up to Tough Mudder!

im new to running-been doing it for fun for the last year- and im training pretty hard for a half marathon coming up this fall!

oh and how could i forget in a couple weeks in going skydiving!! its easy to back out of something big like this but im organizing a group to go with and they will keep me from backing out! hahahaha

holy !! all of that sounds so awesome. I also really want to do tough mudder someday. My boyfriends sister did it and she cant wait to go back.

- - - Updated - - -

This is cute! Donkeys are hilarious.

I'm so darned pedantic. I'm working on three books at once, as it's the only way I can make sure it all fits together in my tiny little bean.

The first is a tale of tattooing, murder, revenge, redemption, and loss, set in the month before WW2...

As to the rest... you'll have to wait, but I'll tell you this, all the tattoo men and women are based in fact. I say based because I don't want to offend...

Sooooo my husband and I've been talking about it..I'm going to look into going back to school this summer and getting my teaching degree. Scary, it's been a loooooong time since I've been in school.

Good for you! Great idea. I went back to school at 30 and it was the right choice. And now that I teach, I find mature students an absolute pleasure. (For the most part)

Thanks! I'm going to be almost 40 when I go back! That seems so crazy, to be a...what..44 year old new teacher? I'm assuming it's a 4 year degree. Oof da. I read in Dear Abby years ago, a woman wanted to go back to school to be a Dr. and was upset that by the time she'd be done w/her 8 years of school , she'd be 50 (or whatever), and the reply was "Wouldn't you be 50 anyway?" I'm trying to keep that in mind, haha!

Thanks! I'm going to be almost 40 when I go back! That seems so crazy, to be a...what..44 year old new teacher? I'm assuming it's a 4 year degree. Oof da. I read in Dear Abby years ago, a woman wanted to go back to school to be a Dr. and was upset that by the time she'd be done w/her 8 years of school , she'd be 50 (or whatever), and the reply was "Wouldn't you be 50 anyway?" I'm trying to keep that in mind, haha!

Don't let that bother you! I am currently in a department with several people who will be finishing their degree when they are past 50. I won't be finished my degree for another year and I'll be 44. There are still jobs and to be honest, its the journey that has been so great. Anyway, that's been my experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, this is one of the raddest threads I've stumbled across on here, so much inspiration! I'm re-enrolled in college and I'm totally nervous. I have been interviewing a few local tattoo artists for some research I am doing for a children's book, which has been really fun and interesting. I am also recently stepping back in to the dating world... totally like riding a bike, including the falling down and getting back up again. What else? I quit drinking 4 months ago to see how my life would change, so far it's been pretty good. Definitely more productive! It can also be a little challenging to find new ways to be social. I am excited to make new friendships and explore my beloved city outside of a bar... haha. Suggestions??

Man, this is one of the raddest threads I've stumbled across on here, so much inspiration! I'm re-enrolled in college and I'm totally nervous. I have been interviewing a few local tattoo artists for some research I am doing for a children's book, which has been really fun and interesting. I am also recently stepping back in to the dating world... totally like riding a bike, including the falling down and getting back up again. What else? I quit drinking 4 months ago to see how my life would change, so far it's been pretty good. Definitely more productive! It can also be a little challenging to find new ways to be social. I am excited to make new friendships and explore my beloved city outside of a bar... haha. Suggestions??

Good stuff! I quit drinking 4 years ago, it was a very good idea, so glad I did it. Just gets better.

@littlecreatures The human body can do some amazing things when it isn't taking in poisons like alcohol. Try running, maybe? It's helped me a lot in the past, and I find that I can return to it with new eyes each time, and each time it gets a little easier to start, and a little easier to get better. Now, if I could only find a way to keep running...

Realized I was unhappy, so I picked up a second job to save money for a few months. Then I picked up my life and moved 1200 miles, to a place much more suited to my lifestyle. Have an interview for a job that I would love, and would most likely become a career, on monday. The apartment search is going slowly, but I think I found a few good options finally, I'll find out monday. Overall, im pretty sure this new chapter of my life is gonna be a fun adventure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

turned 21 today, i can now legally order beer almost everywhere I might end up. Hurray :D

and more awesomeness: Next month my girlfriend and I will leave Vienna, Austria to go back to the thing we love most: Traveling! First we will spend about 6 months in Sweden, where we will get drunk with @Johannes and any other LST'ers that feel like partying up north and after that help on a vollunteer project.

If anyone wants to read more about our hitchhiking shenanigans click on the blog in my signature so I don't spam this whole thread full again like a year (wow times goes by faaast) ago!

I got the job I was hoping for! Wont make very much hourly for the first three months, but after that I should make good money. And the company offers an awesome profit based bonus system, which will most likely lead to my car being paid off quickly, a Triumph motorcycle, and some rad tattoos. Not necessarily in that order. I may be thinking a bit far ahead, but damn im happy now!