Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

@OutOfIdeas congrats, that's great!!!!

Saturday night I got to hang out with the wonderfully charming and badass miss @beez after she finished her apt with Junii at Diamond Club. 9 hours in two days! What a beast! Got tacos, coffee, walked around the Mission, talked tattoos and life. Really fun time. Sunday I tattooed @MadeIndelible after being interviewed for his zine project. That was a really interesting experience. I've never been interviewed before and I feel like I word vomit a lot, haha.

Anyway, I'm not trying to circle jerk here, but I really recommend anyone take up the opportunity to kick it with LSTers off the board. Every single one of you that I've met so far has been really awesome. Like genuine quality folks.

And likewise I had an awesome time with @cltattooing! She was very nice to me as I choked on ceviche. It takes a lot to be graceful in that situation, hah! Looking forward to next time :)

Also I got tattooed and it was awesome and I'll post pics when I get some proper ones.

Much agreed with @cltattooing - so far all of the LSTers I've met have all fallen under the category of "good people" - so here's a round of back patting for us all. :p

ALSO I had some really good news that I don't quite want to voice just yet, but suffice it to say that some seriously awesome stuff is happening lately and can't wait to share it when I can do so without jinxing. :D

I've been meeting LST people. Meeting new people in general, as well. Also, there's a barbecue tomorrow at an old friend's dad's place while he's in town.

And, my aunt is in town, and we went to First Friday in Oakland tonight. It was neat. She got some cool prints from one of the artists. Kind of wish I had gotten one, but it's every month, so I can wait. Since she's been in town, I've also been spending a lot more time with my little cousins at my other aunt's house. They're so fun and very intelligent. Glad to be seeing more of them for sure.

Got to see Russian Circles at the Great American Music Hall last night. It was intense, very cathartic. I went alone, which I sometimes prefer with bands that I'm really into. The opening bands were great, but I feel like I wasn't able to get that into them on account of the two girls in front of me who wouldn't stop talking, farting, and taking selfies (I kid you not). By the time RC went on, however, I was able to get to the front and enjoy the performance and the pit. They played Death Rides a Horse for the encore and it got me all emotional, they're just too good. By the time the show was over, I had 12 minutes to get the last train home, so I booked it to coat check, grabbed my stuff, and ran all the way from GAMH to the civic center which was no easy feat given that I had been screaming and thrashing all night and was generally exhausted. Ended up missing the train anyway and had to take the "drunk bus" back to Oakland.

I have what my coworker refers to as a bang-over. If your ears ain't ringing and your neck ain't hurting, it wasn't a good show.

As a kindergarten (multi-subject) teacher, I love teaching art and have gotten more into it this year than ever. Aside from visual art I also do a lot with music & drama. These are some of the art projects we have done this year.

One super awesome thing about it is that our most recent art project (the Mondrian one) was suggested to me by @cltattooing on Instagram!! I just think it's really cool that a tattooer from Oakland who I've never met in person has influenced my Los Angeles kindergarten class. The internet can be so far reaching and positive.

The real question: where'd you get tacos?

At my job, a local food truck that makes delicious tacos and burritos comes most days during the 10 o'clock break. I was skeptical until I noticed the Mexican food truck was owned and operated by a Mexican that hardly speaks English. That wasn't meant to be offensively stereotypical, I'm just sayin, first generation Italians make the best pasta, first generation middle easterners make the best curries, etc. This is not helping the fact that I'm trying to shed a few pounds, or that I'm a bit broke after moving out here. I'm not saying I'm not ok with it, just sayin it isn't helping...

So I just moved to Berlin. It feels like I'm crazy but actually I'm here for an artist residency for the next two months. Now I have to go out and work on my German and try to meet people or something. And I'm itching to work getting tattooed in there sometime as well.

I just really had to share that!!!!!!

@TrixieFaux It's been soooo cool watching your class work on these projects! It always makes me proud when I see young children getting into art, so especially rad given that they have all captured the essence of each artist's style so well. Such an exciting thing to see. One of my best friends has a 2 year old son and he is always drawing, every day. She's been posting his drawings and paintings on facebook and it's really nuts to recognize the real talent that toddlers and pre-school/kindergarteners have even though they are still learning cognitive functions. @hogg we went to Taqueria Cancun :cool:

So I just moved to Berlin. It feels like I'm crazy but actually I'm here for an artist residency for the next two months. Now I have to go out and work on my German and try to meet people or something. And I'm itching to work getting tattooed in there sometime as well.

I just really had to share that!!!!!!

Wendy Pham is in Berlin...

Seeing Throwing Muses with Tanya Donnelly tonight, and Patton Oswalt doing stand-up next week. Then going to New York. A good month for a recluse.

A close friend of mine(30 years) was in a serious forklift accident and 8 months later he ended up having a good portion of his leg amputated including his foot (a bout a week ago). A mutual friend saw some FB pics and asked what was up and after hearing the whole thing suggested we do some fundraising. So far we have an email, paypal account and FB page. We've already raised a little cash and on the 22nd some local bands are having a raffle for the cause and hopefully in May we are having true fundraiser with hopefully four bands. We are friends with members in each band. I'm pretty stoked about helping out my friend.. What I think is awesome is my buddy Steven that got hurt is into tattoos, problem is his are all bad except one which isn't great so we are planning to get him a rad tattoo!

Flew in for the Perseverance show and had a blast even if it was a very compressed trip. I've been to a lot of cities across the US but it was my first visit to LA. I saw some old friends, went to the opening night gig (which is when the video I posted was from) and afterwards me and one of the guys I work with went down to Shamrock to see some of his old friends. He worked there for a while at one point so to him it was like visiting family, and I was introduced to Freddy Negrete and Danny Romo as well as some of the other guys there. Hung out for a while until closing and then Danny gave us a ride back to our hotel. Really super nice crew and solid tattooers. Also had a French dip at Cole's; apparently the OG inventor of such said sandwich.

Flew in for the Perseverance show and had a blast even if it was a very compressed trip. I've been to a lot of cities across the US but it was my first visit to LA. I saw some old friends, went to the opening night gig (which is when the video I posted was from) and afterwards me and one of the guys I work with went down to Shamrock to see some of his old friends. He worked there for a while at one point so to him it was like visiting family, and I was introduced to Freddy Negrete and Danny Romo as well as some of the other guys there. Hung out for a while until closing and then Danny gave us a ride back to our hotel. Really super nice crew and solid tattooers. Also had a French dip at Cole's; apparently the OG inventor of such said sandwich.

Huh, I had heard Philippes had the original French Dip... guess it may be an unsettled argument: CLOSED: L.A.'s Iconic Dish: Cole's French Dip Vs. Philippe's French Dip | L.A.'s Iconic Dish | Food | KCET

Glad you had a good time here. LA has a lot to offer.

Decided to start the process of preparing to apply for grad school. Studying for the GMAT, letters of recommendation, essays, etc. Awesome!.... but not really.

Cool but not cool! Haha I've been working on my "personal statement" for the past... million weeks. Ugh, I hate trying to talk myself up/writing personal essays. I'm hoping whoever reads it has a sense of humor or I'm fucked lol

As for me, my now husband has passed the 90 days sober mark (longest stretch of time to date) and it's amazing how much my life has changed as a result of his sobriety. We've been going out more, spending our (his) money on mutual activities and just soaking up (real) life.

He's also agreed for us to adopt a dog this summer (the last one didn't work out for a bunch of reasons) so I'm sooo excited for that because I haven't had a dog in years.

Decided to start the process of preparing to apply for grad school. Studying for the GMAT, letters of recommendation, essays, etc. Awesome!.... but not really.

That's great, @BrianH! The life of a grad student is filled with ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I am at the end of the process (will hopefully defend my dissertation in the next 8 months), but it has been an amazing journey. Good luck and keep us posted!

@HaydenRose yay for adopting a dog! What kind are you going to get?

I finally got JD to agree that next summer is a good time for us to get a new dog. We've got a lot going on this summer, plus if I go back to school that's more on our plate, so it's just too soon. We had a red pitbull for many years, and she has been gone since 2008. It's been hitting me the last few months how much I miss her so that's what we will be looking for. I have about a year to research rescues and shelters.

Had my first ever mammogram yesterday and they called today that I need to go back up for an ultrasound tomorrow, there are some spots that are "different". The first thing that popped in my head (other than I'm getting my hair done today so it has to wait till tomorrow) was Dammit there better not be anything wrong b/c I'm not missing my tattoo appointment! there will be some serious tattoo getting before any treatments, if it comes to that, hahaha!

As for me, my now husband has passed the 90 days sober mark (longest stretch of time to date) and it's amazing how much my life has changed as a result of his sobriety. We've been going out more, spending our (his) money on mutual activities and just soaking up (real) life.

He's also agreed for us to adopt a dog this summer (the last one didn't work out for a bunch of reasons) so I'm sooo excited for that because I haven't had a dog in years.

1st is an excellent achievement !

2nd is totally the right thing to do.

all that good karma will come back to you in a positive way.